Come Ye All Dark Skinned Brothers..We shall overcome our oppressors

roll.gif
@Dre's jersey. RIP, G.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I can't even rock with this jokingly.

Our genetic strength as a people comes from our diversity. Too long we've been played into that divide and conquer game to the point that we see light-skin and dark-skin before we see brother and sister. The division amongst our people is probably worse than its ever been right now. We need a complete internal change on the subject of skin tone. Goes from darkie jokes to light skinned being a fad, s_ is sickening. Inferiority complexes on both sides, passed down from generation to generation, fostering division and self hatred. It's 2011, time to squash this @$!$. Strength comes through unity.

"When you see me, see you..."

Many shades, 1 people.

There are really oppressive elements out here, messing us up. Bang on that.

White Americans are both genetically weaker and less diverse than their black compatriots, a Cornell University-led study finds.

Analyzing the genetic makeup of 20 Americans of European ancestry and 15 African-Americans, researchers found that the former showed much less variation among 10,000 tested genes than did the latter, which was expected.

They also found that Europeans had many more possibly harmful mutations than did African, which was a surprise.

"Since we tend to think of European populations as quite large, we did not expect to see a significant difference in the distribution of neutral and deleterious variation between the two populations," said senior co-author Carlos Bustamante, an assistant professor of biological statistics and computational biology at Cornell.

It's been known for years that all non-Africans are descended from a small group, perhaps only a few dozen individuals, who left the continent between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago.

But the Cornell study, published in the journal Nature Thursday, indicates that Europeans went through a second "population bottleneck," probably about 30,000 years ago, when the ancestral population was again reduced to relatively few in number.

• Click here for the Cornell press release, and here for the full article in Nature.

The doubly diluted genetic diversity has allowed "bad" mutations to build up in the European population, something that the more genetically varied African population has had more success in weeding out.
doug3.jpg

Kwame%20Nkrumah.jpg

marcus+garvey.jpg
19092_Malcolm-X.jpg

126715-004-37412871.jpg
DrDiop.jpg

HarrietTubmanHead.jpg
20f9snq.jpg

mlk02.jpg

bh1_thurgood_marshall1.jpg

300px-Black-Panther-Party-founders-newton-seale-forte-howard-hutton.jpg
pimp.gif

Proud to be a BROTHER, period.

qnl3j9.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

honestly i've come to understand only people with nothing to offer worry about race ...athletes, actors, doctors, political parties, entrepreneurs or just plain SUCCESSFUL could care less where they "fit in"....black, white, asian etc. 

for once , I agree

*que the rock clapping gif*

Intelligence... Hath not ye...Ask the president how little race meant to him... O wait it was the driving force behind all of his life successes... According to his book.U guys jus sound real dumb... U think black doctors r treated like whites? Lawyers, etc...? Its not that they dont care about race, I bet they wish everyday they could have it like their white counterparts but their strength of character perserverss... My mom Is a lightskin black women doctor and although shes paid it surely wasnt easy and im positive there were days where shed a rather got her vilago on but shes the strongest person I know
pimp.gif

This reminds me…a friend of mine's dad is a doctor, and she told me this story about how one time this patient (a white woman) said her husband is extremely racist, and would be upset if he knew she was being treated by a black doctor 
laugh.gif

Pretty sure OP was just joking.

The sad thing is that the guy who started the "being light skinned appreciation post" wasn't.... Along with others who have started light skinned appreciation posts. Don't worry, just in case you think you're better, your "light skin" wouldn't save you from picking cotton nor being regarded as three fifths of a person.

My friends call me the dark skin version of welsey snipes. I'ma black mother @%+!$@ for sure.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

How is this still open? This is racist.

Yo! shut the @@%+ up please..I cant stand people  who act 'down' but when its really time for us to move up y'all wanna act all scared even though you gravitated towards the culture and tried to fit in. 
You can't categorize an entire class of people within a racial context and then expect us not to respond...thats psychologically abusive and brutally inhumane. which is what we've learned to expect from the likes of y'all, but when we're finally ready to overcome the circumstances that have dominated our history and the world for the past 500 years, y'all wanna act insecure. 
eyes.gif

We've been denied our manhood and self hood for long enough...its not fair for you to further criminalize us when we express our socio-politico-economic consciousness...
 Its disgusting, either be real with yourself or take that BIG avatar off.  Leave us alone. Fake !#@#%. 

*Recognizes the humor intended...
As one of the many brothers who were scarred after Dave Chappelle, Rick James and Charlie Murphy brought DAAAARRRKNNEESSSSSS into the lexicon I will stand with you!!  
Just as soon as I finish protesting against HP!

Back
Top Bottom