Coming back from Afghanistan...any ideas where i should go on leave?

One thing I learned about NT is that it's ok to generalize any ethnicity but your own.

Saying something like "Nasty smelling Blacks/Asians/Hispanics" is racist but insulting people from the Middle East/South Asia is definitely ok!

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

One thing I learned about NT is that it's ok to generalize any ethnicity but your own.

Saying something like "Nasty smelling Blacks/Asians/Hispanics" is racist but insulting people from the Middle East/South Asia is definitely ok!

Sad but true papa! I agree

tired.gif
Menacin Methods wrote:

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

so my deployment is wrapping up....haven't gotten killed yet but i still have a few more months...were supposed to be back by memorial day...my block leave is from june 18th to july18th....anybody have any good places to go during that time? i'm trying to just lay back and let other people cater to me ya dig? far from any mountains or sand or nasty smelling hajis..trying to get the ball rolling now so i can have it all set up and hassle free...appreciate it...
"nasty smelling hajis"
tired.gif

You do realize that your a product of the system right?

If you got 1 month off why not go to Iraq?
You do realize you're an ungrateful son of a @$@@* right?
smh.gif

Thank you sir for your service. Stay up and stay alive
smile.gif

Far away from those nice friendly local hadjis who try to end my life on the regular with mortars/rifles/rpgs..i'm sorry but if you don't take a shower on the regular then you smell..
So just cause dude if fighting a war he can say a racist remark and its okay with you? plz get off  uncle sams nuts..Fall the *%$@ back dude.

Your trying to end their life so they gonna try to end your life...lol you do realize your in their land.

Maybe you should take an ethics class with your month off.

NT is the downfall of some people, I swear to it.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You can't be serious? "nasty smelly hajis" isn't a racist comment? 
indifferent.gif
Do you guys even know what a Hajji is?
Its not racist...my dad is a Hajji and we're White Bosnians....You can be a black, white, asian, hispanic Hajji.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

wait a sec......whats the difference b/t asians and south asia? serious question

Thank you for your service OP. Its hard for some back home to even fathom what it's like to be deployed. Saying nasty smelling "hadji's" outside the military setting isn't exactly PC in the civillian world, but as a serviceman myself I can see where your coming from. Anyway stay alive and come home safely. I'll probably be in Afghanistan/Iraq in 3 years.

As for leave, I heard South of Thailand was nice. They got nice beaches. That's where they filmed that movie with DiCaprio "The Beach."

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by 6demonbag

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

so my deployment is wrapping up....haven't gotten killed yet but i still have a few more months...were supposed to be back by memorial day...my block leave is from june 18th to july18th....anybody have any good places to go during that time? i'm trying to just lay back and let other people cater to me ya dig? far from any mountains or sand or nasty smelling hajis..trying to get the ball rolling now so i can have it all set up and hassle free...appreciate it...

smh.gif
at you saying "nasty smelling hajis"...

tired.gif
tired.gif
Get over yourself and get off the pedastal, when youre putting your life on the line then you can comment...
Anyway, thanks for your service and sacrifice to our country my man.  Id say get with your homies and do a roadtrip 

So because he is fighting a war he has has the right to say racist remarks like that? I'm sorry but that's not how it works. Ignorance is ignorance. I would expect better from someone serving in the military representing this country. 
But it wasn't racist.  He was commenting on how they smell nasty.  It might be a generalization of an entire group, but the majority of them that he has been exposed to smell terrible, thus his original statement.  I don't see anything wrong with honesty.  

DuBsTyLeDj wrote:

Yo my dude thanks for your service and yes get away from them dirty @ $ $ terrorist or hajis. i would say Vegas but you got both there dirt and mountains. just enjoy your leave to the fullest and be safe. and pay no attention to these morons coming on here to give you #!! when they have not served or are planning to serve this beautiful country. and to the fools that will come at me no i haven't served or whatever but i am grateful  to all my dudes and lady's in the military.
dzjwxl.jpg

smh.gif
@ all the softies in here.

All my boys just recently came back and if people are offended about "nasty smellin hajis" that ain't %%#*. Its damn near the truth.

I always wanted to go to: Roatan, Honduras (sp) or go to Bali
pimp.gif

My boys went to Jamacia though.

It all depends on how much you are trying to spend.

I would start out at home for a few days/week. Try and make it to NYC for a Yankees game and to kick it in the city for the weekend. Then hit up Las Vegas for 3 nights to gamble, go to shows, whatever. Then try a cruise through the Caribbean or go to the Atlantis for like 5 nights. And after those three trips go back home until I you have to be back.

That way you get like 2 weeks at home, a weekend in NYC, a few nights in Vegas, and a week long trip to a place where you can rest and relax. You could probably do all of this for less than 5-6k depending on how much you spend during each part of your trip.

Originally Posted by 6demonbag

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

smh.gif
at you saying "nasty smelling hajis"...

tired.gif
tired.gif
Get over yourself and get off the pedastal, when youre putting your life on the line then you can comment...
Anyway, thanks for your service and sacrifice to our country my man.  Id say get with your homies and do a roadtrip 
cmon_son.jpg

I'm on a pedastal because I called OP out on a racist remark? Oh wait, I forgot serving in the military excuses you from having common courtesies and respect for your fellow human beings
eyes.gif
[end sarcasm]

I can't even believe people are in here actually defending this behavior. Ok, so the Afghans have been fighting so that makes them smelly. Wouldn't the same apply to our troops as well? My blood cousin is a marine and I've hung out with him and his marine buddies a few times and they're not the best smelling group in all honesty. I'll extend that logic then and assume all US troops smell as well if that's the kind of logic we're using.

I'm black American and I am proud of the good my country has done and will be quick to point out its errors because that's the only way we can do better. I refuse to turn a blind eye to this blatant racism just because OP serves in the military. He should be the first one in here condemning this kind of behavior or he's just fulfilling the stereotype others have of American soldiers as loud, drunk, racists that are fast on the trigger.

I'm American, my family is American and I am also Muslim. I chose to be Muslim. Islam is part of my culture and identity. The term "haji" is a term of endearment, honor and respect amongst ALL Muslims regardless of race. When OP and other troops use it in a derogatory sense, it is an offense to all of us. It's like going to Mexico or any Spanish speaking country and saying "Let me get away from these smelly amigos." It's not the word but how you used it.

But like OP said, this thread isn't about this. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a good time.

/rant

Does you wanting to get away from sand mean that tropical/beach locations are out of the question?

Someone above mentioned Vietnam and I'm gonna have to go along those lines. You're really close (compared to me in the midwest), so I'd say to hit up South East Asia. Your dollar will go a VERY long way there. I've heard good things about Laos, Vietnam, beachside huts for dirt cheap in Thailand, rafting down the Mekong River, etc. The resorts out there are beautiful.

ok maybe the hadji was wrong for you liberal softies and i apologize for that but honestly they all do smell...lol...and my momma is a def 1-2 days adventure..she is the one who is going ot watch my son while me and my wife go...
You are only gonna see your mother for a day and drop your kid off and bounce? That's messed up. She is the most worried about you and you can't spend a week or two with her? You coming home will mean more to her than your wife and son, whether you realize it or not. Don't just use her for a babysitter.

As for a vacation, go anywhere you always wanted to, you earned it and can afford it.

Thank you for your service.

Some of ya'll are SOFT and need to stop being so sensitive.

OP good luck on the rest of your deployment. When ya get back live it up, depending
on what kind of activities you enjoy, I'd say look into going out to the lake for a few days and do some fishing, jetskis
and relaxing on a boat with your wife & some of your friends.
pimp.gif

Thanks for serving op. I'm goin officer after college by PLC in the Marines.
But to answer your question go to Vietnam like the others said.

Btw what branch are you in and what's your mos

Back
Top Bottom