Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

Can anyone help me on why my start menu (the bar at the bottom of windows) has dissappeared? It worked yesterday and when i turned on my computer today there was no start toolbar and it is just gone now.

thx.

Aim- j1mmy nuetr0n email- [email protected]

i recently got an ipod and now i use itunes. Before i used Windows media player to burn and download etc. but now that i have i tunes, i can no longer burn cds using WMP and i am not able to send the files to i tunes. can someone give me an idea on what i should do. thanks
WE MASTERED THIS,
DONT YOU KNOW I EAT *ETHER* AND BREATHE ACID WEAK BASTARDS!!!

www.soundclick.com/nephilimofkingsamongstslaves

for some reason, I got this window saying that I have to re-install itunes b/c there's something wrong with it. So I tied to reinstall it, but while it's installing I get a window that says: 1607:Unable to Install Installshield Scripting Runtime.
can anyone help me out? Thanks

Quote:
1. Can you make a harddrive a slave drive without formatting it. Because i have a harddrive that doesn't want to boot up, and I need to get songs and movies off of it.

Yes, just change the jumper settings in the back of the hard drive.

I just DL'd Windows Media Player 11...does anyone know if you can still go into mini mode with WMP 11?? By mini mode i mean when you minimize you can still watch whatever on the bottom right screen in like a 1.5 inch window....

lately i been having problems burning cds. Everytime i try and burn a cd he cds skips at the end of track and on into track 2 and the rest of the cd and if that doesnt happen the burning will stop in the middle of a burn and says that an error occurred....i been gettin this for a min now i even tried blowin my cd drive out with a can of air and also tryin various burning programs and also lower my buffer level so...please help me.....because im lost in space with this.....

For some reason my DVD drive on my laptop isn't working. It doesn't show up on My Computer or Windows Media Player or anything like that. Device manager says this:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

Googled it with no luck. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks

EDIT:tongue:roblem Solved.
[/b]artist | day to day
terrorartist.deviantart.com​

Everytime i click on my computer it says runtime error. and basically reloads.
The American dream - Our way

I have sort of a problem...

I recently upgraded windows to Media Center Edition. I didnt change anything else. But now, whenever I log in it always says my virtual memory is too low. I tried changing the paging file in the sytem options in control panel, but nothing changed. Then I tried to change what starts up in MSConfig, but I still have the same problem. I cant run any games or anything because it says not enough memory. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
"My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline."

-M.J.

i don't really feel like reading through 13 pages. but, can someone tell me why i can't d/l microsoft word for my Dell computer? i have Windows XP if that matters.
R.I.P. Nana
5-5-1938 - 5-30-2003

^ If you use Firefox, just press Ctrl+U, and then Ctrl+F when the new window pops up to search. Then, just type .mp3 in the search box, and it should take you to a .mp3 file, which is most likely the song file you are looking for, just check the filename to make sure it is. If it isn't the right song, just click "Find Next", and keep doing that until you find the song that you want. After you've found the song, copy the url into your search bar and download it. There's probably a way to do it with IE too, but idk how.
aka Nickthestick91

This really isnt a computer question rather an email question. I just got gmail and I want to forward my hotmail and excite accounts to it. Does anyone know how to do this. Ive done mail forwarding b4 but I cant find the option in the hotmail account and the excite account requires I pay 20 dollars for an upgrade w/ forwarding capabilities. any help is appreciated

AIM: UTFanatic15
Or PM me .. Thanks :smile:

ok i have a real simple question

i want to know how do i go about installing a second HD?

i already have the internal(160GB) that came with my cpu i want to add in an old HD from another cpu that have a lot of files on it.

i just need to know what to do and how will it effect my cpu?

thanks

^ set the jumper of the hard drive you are going to install to slave and connect it using the ide ribbon in your pc.
<yo this is a nice introduction. they call me 35, one 82 is on production.>

Gerber
Not sure what you mean by not being able to download M$ word. There shouldn't be any problem with downloading and installing it. You can only get a trial for free.
You would actually have to pay for it(unless you got it illegally), to get the entire program.

I would suggest dowloading openoffice. It's free and imo works just as well. It has full compatibility with the .doc format.

You could also download the beta of office 2007. If I'm not mistaken I think it is a 10 month trial. You can find it on the M$ site. The only thing you need to get it is a hotmail or msn account. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Everytime i try to download an Extension or Plugin for my Firefox a little bar at the top of the browser appears that reads: "Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options... to enable it and try again." So, i click on Edit Options but i can't find what it's refering to. Can anyone help? Thanks

Go to tools>options> click on the content tab. There shuold be a check box that says to wrn you when sites try to install extensions, or something similar. You can either uncheck the box, or just add the sites that you want. I have the box checked, and then as exceptions, I have updates.mozilla.org and addons.mozilla.org. I haven't had any problems with it like this.

sole searchin,
To get that type of theme, the easiest way would be to get an app like windowblinds. The desktop you have pictured also has the objectdock. You don't need to delete you desktop, just right click in the middle of it and go to properties. On the first tab is where you choose your theme, and the second is where you choose your desktop wallpaper. You can download just about any image and use it for wallpaper.

mustbetheshoe58,
I don't know the address to netgear's web interface offhand, but if you go to the netgear site you should be able to find it. Or maybe call verizon, and they will tell you. It should be something like 192.168.1.1 (linksys) or 192.168.0.1.

westcoaststyle,
dvi is a digital input. The connector on the cable is different from a regular(vga) monitor cable. To use it you have to have a videocard and monitor that are capable of using it. If you don't you should be able to set you monnitor to use the vga input with thebuttons on the front.

Youngmoneychris,
That could be a lot of things. It may be the media you are using. Sometimes that can happen if you have the burn speed too high, or if you have too many other programs open and your proc is overtaxed. Then again, it might be none of those.

Shooter,
didn't you ask this the other day? Try increasing the size of your pagin file for a short term fix, but you need to get another stick of RAM, at least 512 if you are running XP.

These kicks kill,
I'm using the M$ wireless desktop 6000 right now, and I love it. In the past I have used an Alienware keyboard made by M$. If you aren't looking for the newest best one out there you can find a lot of good keyboards on ebay for cheap.

[/b]​

Rob, do those " Registry Cleaners " actually work? I know it helps clean up some of the files and other folders that are left behind when a program/app has been uninstalled.

If these are legit, any recommendations on what a good one is? Ive tried two but they just end up screwing up some of the other files I have on my comp.
[/b]​
[/b]​

I'm not for sure if they really work, but the legit ones will give you the option to make a back up of your registry so that if anything happens they can put the entries back. I have been using RegClean for years now. It was developed by Microsoft, but they don't support it anymore. It is free, easy to use, doesn't take a whole lot of resources, and makes an undo file if you need to put the entries back. You can download it Here

Is there a specific thing in your registry you are having trouble with, or just wondering? It's actually kind of funny that you ask, becasue I have been looking at a few different ones lately. The thing is that most of the trials are not fully functional, so you can't see if they really work like they say. If you don't like the way regclean works, then (cough) PM (Cough) I could probably help you find some other ones.

[/b]​

I only could fit one hard drive in my old dell 2400, i have a 40gb in it. I would like to get a newer one that is 200gb. My question is how do i do that, replace the 40gb to 200gb. I know i need to CLONE the 40gb to 200gb but there is only one connector for the dell, so i can't attach two harddrives to the dell, in order to clone it. i tired of burning dvd to free up my HD, Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Wanted
Ds viii chrome sz 10

Email: [email protected] Bay Area Meet up

"Tell Me When To Go...Dumb,Dumb,Dumb,Dunb,Dumb,Dumb,Dumb,Dumb."

Back
Top Bottom