Computer Smart NT'ers Help VOL. Pls

Okay NT, I want to use my laptop more often. However, it has a few problems I want to fix before I use it.

1. It doesn’t connect to the internet automatically like it should

2. When I plug in it’s charger the fan goes crazy and it shuts off shortly after

3. The smallest things use up the most CPU 

Back to number one. I used to have sprint on my laptop, and when I ditched it and uninstalled the program windows couldn’t configure my internet anymore. So every time I start up my laptop, I have to run “services.msc” and run the Wireless Zero Configuration” I already set it to automatic start, but it still doesn’t start automatically. Any ideas?

Two, I was told this could be my battery’s fault. Seeing that it’s and old one. Someone told me that the charger is trying to overcharge the battery and that’s why it’s failing. Second opinions please?

Three is the biggest one. I can’t even open up two tabs on NT without my CPU usage going up to %100. It’s really annoying. So I got AVG virus protection and PC tune up. I was able to free 35 or so GB out of what I think was 55 total. That was deleting temp files and unused programs. There was only one thing that was holding me back from finishing the whole recommended set. It’s the defragmentation of my hard disk. It is %33 fragmented, but every time I ran the defrag program my CPU rose and shut off the computer. No other programs were open either. So I left it alone.

So those are the big three. I want to get that done before I put on a new OS and new graphics cards. I want to go to windows 8 on this laptop, it grew on me. I like the lot of notification boxes on the home screen.

Any help is appreciated

Cop a Mac son.

but I've never had PC issues when I did own one when I worked helpdesk I just use to do a clean install of the OS and called it a day, if that didn't do it then honestly I`d be looking for a new PC.

Cop a Mac son.

but I've never had PC issues when I did own one when I worked helpdesk I just use to do a clean install of the OS and called it a day, if that didn't do it then honestly I`d be looking for a new PC.
No, I've owned a Macbook pro and I didn't like the set up. PC > Mac I gave it to my sister when she went to college

But installing windows 8 would just fix it? Aside from the battery that is.

No, I've owned a Macbook pro and I didn't like the set up. PC > Mac I gave it to my sister when she went to college

how old is it, and what processor? If you arent on an i5 I wouldnt mess with 8. Really I say throw windows XP on that joint, or try using Ubuntu for a little while, but my mentality is when a PC runs like crap upgrade ram if that doesnt do it clean install OS if that doesnt do it your PC just sucks.

how old is it, and what processor? If you arent on an i5 I wouldnt mess with 8. Really I say throw windows XP on that joint, or try using Ubuntu for a little while, but my mentality is when a PC runs like crap upgrade ram if that doesnt do it clean install OS if that doesnt do it your PC just sucks.

It's an old dell latitude d800 on windows xp service pack 3. I know it's :x but I've been using an iPad for 2 years or so.

S yeah my PC probably sucks. I had a tendency to ruin computers.

I've broken a toshiba that was on windows 7 and an hp mini I got to replace that :lol:

This d800 is sturdy as hell and that's probably the only reason it hasn't broken

Back
Top Bottom