Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Conan O'Brien will be a free man on September 1.

NBC released a statement moments ago, officially announcing Conan's last appearance on "The Tonight Show" will be tomorrow.

NBC noted that the deal -- struck today -- will free Conan to "pursue other opportunities after September 1, 2010."

smh.gif

Conan's getting screwed...NBC's not giving him a chance to establish his idea of what the show could be...

wait what? Conan is getting booted from NBC? i never thought that would happen i think he's hilarious.

Woooow, this is insane.

I guess this proved all the naysayers right. Conan couldn't cut it with prime time television, Leno couldn't make 10PM a comedy block and Fallonwasn't able to stabilize the base at 12:30.

i liked it when it was jay at 11:30 followed by conan.... should have stayed the same....

smh.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif

indifferent.gif

I hope FOX decides to get a late night show again, pick up Conan and they crush NBC in the ratings forever. @%$! Fallon and that lame Leno.

Conan is late night king IMO but they watered his show down
4 what reason IDK
Fallon should be the only one off the air

Dump Jimmy Fallon and give Conan back his 12:30 show in New York.

problem solved.

*On a sidenote this had to be one of the dumbest moves ever for a station that was #1 in late night rankings.

Jimmy Fallon is horrible, so I don't know why he's not being considered as the one who should be taken off the air...

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Dump Jimmy Fallon and give Conan back his 12:30 show in New York.

problem solved.

*On a sidenote this had to be one of the dumbest moves ever for a station that was #1 in late night rankings.

I don't think NBC is going to get rid of Conan at 11:30, they're bleeding money right now and I doubt they want to buyout his contract.

Also as usual, this doesn't have a confirmed source whatsoever. There's only rumors and "inside sources", as of right now, nothing isconcrete.

Stop reposting TMZ bull #!#@

Jimmy Fallon is trash, I legitimately feel awkward watching more than 15 seconds of it cause he bombs so hard.

The majority of this problem falls on them moving Jay to 10pm. It is so hard to watch his show, the format is terrible, the jokes aren't nearly as funny.Bad situation for all.

That's kid of cold after the big deal that was made over this shift. Fallon must be offering his mouth as a receptacle to some higher up at NBC

They had to dumb down conan for all the people that have been watching the tonight show for all those years and were used to that show being a certain way.Conan was a diff kind of comedy (great) compared to leno(cheesy and lame). I hope conan leaves and goes to another station and nbc gets screwed over. Lenosucks. Nowhere near as much as fallon though. He must of blown or killed many people to get his show.

Back
Top Bottom