Conan Spending NBC's Money

With Conan getting $45 million as he leaves, NBC probably already considers giving O'Brien the "Tonight Show" a very expensivemistake. But now he's doing everything he can to drive up the cost.

Rumor has it Conan will finish his "Tonight Show" tenure this Friday, and like a vindictive ex, he's using every opportunity to spend thenetwork's money. The host bought a Bugatti and played the Rolling Stones (resulting in expensive royalty fees). The bit only lasted a minute, but it costthe network $1.5 million.

"Let me ask you a question," he said, standing in front of a Bugatti Veyron dressed as a mouse. "Is this appropriate music for a car thatlooks like a mouse? No! Does it add anything at all to this comedy bit? No, it doesn't! Is it crazy expensive to play on the air -- not to mention therights to re-air this clip on the Internet?" Yep. His last point obviously resonated with the network as they cut the bit from Hulu and NBC.com.

UPDATE (2:54 PM ET): Conan's Bugatti was on loan from the Petersen Automotive Museum

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Polly posted already but I did a quick search and didnt see it.

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

we're in a recession and he's making a company throw their money away?
indifferent.gif

i would be steamed too if NBC did me dirty
yea, he's basically losing his job, BTW who cares about a recession anyway?

does he own the car...personally?

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

minnetrapolis wrote:

indifferent.gif

i would be steamed too if NBC did me dirty
yea, he's basically losing his job, BTW who cares about a recession anyway?

does he own the car...personally?

UPDATE (2:54 PM ET): Conan's Bugatti was on loan from the Petersen Automotive Museum

indifferent.gif

Please. Like NBC was gonna use it for something good. Who gives a $*%+.

sorry but conan's being a little %##@$. he already got 45m, why can't he just man up and go do something else.

indifferent.gif
I'd be doing the same thing if NBC %!$*** me over as well.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

sorry but conan's being a little %##@$. he already got 45m, why can't he just man up and go do something else.
He doesn't do it all for the money, for the last time.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

i'm sure 45m can more than make up for taking away something he's "passionate" about. dude's just acting like a saltyschoolgirl getting ditched on prom night.

conan isn't funny. his writers are. during the writers strike, he couldn't buy a laugh for !$#+.

i'm sure 45m can more than make up for taking away something he's "passionate" about. dude's just acting like a salty schoolgirl getting ditched on prom night.

conan isn't funny. his writers are. during the writers strike, he couldn't buy a laugh for !$#+.
Who's richer, NBC or Conan?

They're not going to go bankrupt over this. You're not a shareholder for NBC so I don't think there is a reason to care about them. And if Conan isa "little *$*#$" then what is Jay Leno? Huh? What is he?

i'm sure 45m can more than make up for taking away something he's "passionate" about. dude's just acting like a salty schoolgirl getting ditched on prom night.

indifferent.gif
(First time for everything)

Conan wrote for SNL and for The Simpsons two of the funniest programs on TV at that time. You can clown that Conan is being petty (which I don't agreewith) but to say he isn't funny is straight foolishness.

No, I would say he's taking this fiasco in stride with his head pretty high... and his wallet pretty fat.

d65361004df8b8c9dedadc13afafb78043d77f9b.jpg

6i8nih.jpg

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Dynamic X wrote:

recycledpaper wrote:

i'm sure 45m can more than make up for taking away something he's "passionate" about. dude's just acting like a salty
schoolgirl getting ditched on prom night.

indifferent.gif
(First time for everything)

Conan wrote for SNL and for The Simpsons two of the funniest programs on TV at that time. You can clown that Conan is being petty (which I don't agree with) but to say he isn't funny is straight foolishness.

agreed

Back
Top Bottom