Confessions of an Air-Jordan-oholic

i used to lose mad sleep if i couldnt get a pair. i lost sleep over the 1st dmps.. i know its late in the game but im no OG in the jordan world.

Thank you for posting this. I am new to niketalk but jordans have consumed my life for 25 yrs now and in certain times they have helped me through bad situations just taking my mind away for a while like when my daughter passed away. But mainly they are an addiction and not necessarily a good thing at all. I suppose they are a step above drugs but financially they can drag you down. I am alot more stable financially now but in my younger years i put jordans before anything and probably anyone. At this point i have around 250 pairs remaining of about a 650 pair collection, slowly selling them off with the demands of my wife. I can honestly say after the bordeaux 7 which i have been waiting for since retros began i will try to step away and never buy a new release again. 

I stopped visiting the Jordan Brand forum years ago when silly kids took over then I stumbled upon this thread on facebook.

All I can say is OH. MY. GOD.
eek.gif

I never thought I'd see Pat post again.

You were my hero!
pimp.gif

Great post Pat! I used to check out your site back in the day as well. I always wondered how much you sold your collection for. I too have quit the addiction. Not an easy thing to do. LuCkily Nike doesn't put Nike Air on the 3 4 5 6 retros or I would still be buying a lot of shoes. And if they made the 1s like the 1994s it would be really bad for me! Good to hear from you again Pat! Take care!

Mad mad respect for PAT!! his website was the gasoline on my fire with his website. It started my love for nikes and jordans! Would love to sit and pick your brain. Your a true OG and historian of Sneakers or shall I say Master of Jordans

Good read.... alot rings true.  We've all been on that level in one way or another. I'm 30+, and I have yet to go to a midnight release. Never saw the purpose. But on the flipside I have collections still left behind in New Jersey and San Antonio, frankly because I'm military and I can't lug all these sneakers around with me. I haven't been home to San Antonio in over 5 years. I don't know what the hell I left there. But here in Washington, I just dumped most of my collection I brought here. It became annoying honestly. I didn't wake up to look for what new releases were coming out, but rather where I could find deals from people trying to get rid of most of their sneakers because they wanted the new s**t. I got rid of over 30 shoes in the past month and a half. I picked up 10 I knew i'd enjoy. And I'm fine with leaving it as is. I enjoy sneakers, always will, but with 3 kids, 2 dogs, a stressful deployment to "over yonder" coming up, I got enough on my plate.  Again thanks for sharing......

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what were you doing job wise when you were going through your "addiction"? We're you already started with your Consulting firm then?

And do you have a webpage for your firm?

This is a cool story. Just goes to show that what we're collecting IS worth something and not a waste of time or money. Use your assets wisely!

just saw the link of dudes collection wow if i had something like that wow i could never sell...collecting is something thats part of me i will only retire once i hit that age were im just to old for it thinking it will be 60 lol...by then hope my collection will be pass thru my family and so on and so on(my kids-there kids- so on and son till theres nothing left)

Back
Top Bottom