Confessions of an Air-Jordan-oholic

Pat- Great to see you post. We used to e-mail back and forth in the 90's about sneakers. I ran The Shoe Center. We'd also talk about Skydiving. I always thought you were nuts for doing that. If I remember right, you may of even packed your own chute? Nice to see you have kicked the habit. I have done so myself. I used to have over 100 pairs (not nearly as many as you) but now I have general shoes people wear....maybe 2-3 new pairs every year depending on wear and tear. Would be interested in knowing more about your business. I've started my own as well, www.mediaplug.biz - internet marketing and web development. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to chat, will.hardison AT gmail.com

Always nice to see some other OG's come out of the wood works to post and say hello.

Originally Posted by MClilbit

Pat- Great to see you post. We used to e-mail back and forth in the 90's about sneakers. I ran The Shoe Center. We'd also talk about Skydiving. I always thought you were nuts for doing that. If I remember right, you may of even packed your own chute? Nice to see you have kicked the habit. I have done so myself. I used to have over 100 pairs (not nearly as many as you) but now I have general shoes people wear....maybe 2-3 new pairs every year depending on wear and tear. Would be interested in knowing more about your business. I've started my own as well, www.mediaplug.biz - internet marketing and web development. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to chat, will.hardison AT gmail.com

Always nice to see some other OG's come out of the wood works to post and say hello.

Yes, I remember you.

"Skydiving. I always thought you were nuts for doing that." ---  Well, the risks in skydiving are greatly overrated in the general public.  But, a lot of it depends on how aggressive you are.  The "double malfunction" (neither canopy deploys cleanly) is virtually mythical.  A *VAST* majority of skydiving deaths are under perfectly functional canopies, with an overly aggressive pilot hook turning straight into the ground.  It *IS* a lot of fun to plunge straight at the ground, then pull out of the dive at the very last second, then scream across the ground at incredible speeds (it's called "swooping").  However, if you miscalculate... um, you won't make that mistake twice.  But, of course, nobody is REQUIRED to aim straight at the ground then pull out of the dive at the last second.  You CAN simply follow a normal landing pattern and come down nice and slowly.  But, anyway, well, yeah, I splattered my leg bones into about 5 extra pieces on one jump aggressively swooping through the corn fields... and I fly one of the fastest canopies around....  So... well, yeah, I guess I fall into the "aggressive" category.

Anyway, I'm scheduled to go on a Great White Shark diving trip in September (7 days aboard the yacht, 3 days diving with the sharks).  So, I suppose you can say nothing has changed.  I was born without fear, and to this day I still don't know what fear is.  I mean, yeah, I've certainly gone diving with plenty of sharks before... Hammerheads, Nurse Sharks, tons of different kinds of Reef Sharks (white tip, etc.).  But, I've never encountered Tigers, Bulls, or Great Whites (the 3 most aggressive sharks).  In September, I guess that's all going to change.

"knowing more about your business... I've started my own as well... internet marketing and web development" --- HA, where were you 2 weeks ago?? (smile)  Yeah, it's funny, last week, I just commissioned a developer to revamp my company's website.  My current site is pretty dry, too wordy, and not professional enough.  Well, thankfully, in my market niche, nobody buys my products/services because of my website.  My website isn't a revenue generator (nor is it for ANYONE in my niche).  So, I just need a website for the purposes of not LOSING business.  (If you don't have a website, nobody takes you seriously.)  But, even so, I'm starting to pick up clientele with thousands and tens of thousands of employees... and one of my clients is even Aon (wtih over a HUNDRED thousand employees).  So, I've decided that I need to step up a notch and improve my website.  But, anyway, we all know that my web designing skills are for the birds (from my Pat's Air Jordan Page website of years past).  So, I just commissioned a firm to redesign my crappy website.  If I'm going to keep running with the bigger consulting firms 10x my company's size, I need to have a bit more polish.

Originally Posted by apossiblehybrid

if you don't mind please share more stories pat.
?? WOW?? Who would want to read more stories about ME?

cool story bro. seriously haha. i've been in some of those situations and know how it is with jordans sometimes. i worked for three nike stores and i see how they operate. hell working there made me almost stop buying shoes at one point. anyways its crazy how much you can learn from shoes and the perspectives of other people's situations. stay up.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Great read. Crazy to see how far most of you OG heads have come. Props to you for realizing and doing something about your addiction.

Back
Top Bottom