Confessions

Talked to my girl’s dad about my intentions to marry her. I can’t stand her family, but I’ll obviously never tell her I don’t rock with them. We’ve been dating for almost 5 yrs, dude was a little surprised, but said stuff like “she still has to yes though right (joking)”, “at first I thought she gravitated towards you because you have money but I know now that’s not the case”, “you seem reserved around my girlfriend”. Really awkward dude and his long term partner is a cold, status obsessed and judgmental person. Her mom is a big fan of me though. But again, I’ve never been anything but cordial with them and open, friendly, all of that unless they were asking questions about specific things related to my finances.

They’re the kind of people that are only nice to you or take an interest in you if you have something to offer them. They’re very friendly with their neighbor that has courtside tickets to the Knicks, vacation properties, etc.

I also didn’t ask for permission, just told him my intent and how much I care for her. He was obviously cool with it and said I was a great dude, but we’re never going to be family.

Talked to my girl’s dad about my intentions to marry her. I can’t stand her family, but I’ll obviously never tell her I don’t rock with them. We’ve been dating for almost 5 yrs, dude was a little surprised, but said stuff like “she still has to yes though right (joking)”, “at first I thought she gravitated towards you because you have money but I know now that’s not the case”, “you seem reserved around my girlfriend”. Really awkward dude and his long term partner is a cold, status obsessed and judgmental person. Her mom is a big fan of me though. But again, I’ve never been anything but cordial with them and open, friendly, all of that unless they were asking questions about specific things related to my finances.

They’re the kind of people that are only nice to you or take an interest in you if you have something to offer them. They’re very friendly with their neighbor that has courtside tickets to the Knicks, vacation properties, etc.

I also didn’t ask for permission, just told him my intent and how much I care for her. He was obviously cool with it and said I was a great dude, but we’re never going to be family.

Another NT bachelor party - my DMs are open brother 🤝

Congrats, best of luck

you're never going to be family?? what that mean slime

I can see that. The tone kind of suggest otherwise, tho.

“He was obviously cool with it and said I was a great dude, but we’re never going to be family.” - I’m sure OP will clear it up, he’s a great dude from my encounters with him on NT usabasketball08 usabasketball08

Sounds like pops just sucks - curious how close the daughter is to him after the divorce etc

“He was obviously cool with it and said I was a great dude, but we’re never going to be family.” - I’m sure OP will clear it up, he’s a great dude from my encounters with him on NT usabasketball08 usabasketball08

Sounds like pops just sucks - curious how close the daughter is to him after the divorce etc
I read it as the father said that to him. With the other stuff he said like "I thought she was just with you because you had money" it sounds on brand.

My bad if it wasn’t clear, but yeah that’s what her dad said. The “we’re never going to be family part” was kind of said in a joking way, but you know what the say about jokes. This was all stuff that he said to me.

She’s closer with her mom but her dad tried to keep things as normal as possible after they divorced so that confused the **** out of my girl and it’s something he regrets doing. Her parents were miserable but dad was still spending the night, they were going on family trips together and all and that confused my girl. I didn’t say anything disrespectful to her dad.

That was part of the confusion of the last sentence. I thought YOU were saying you would never consider them family. It was kinda sounding like you don't like them and the fact that you were using quotation marks in the first paragraph.

That was part of the confusion of the last sentence. I thought YOU were saying you would never consider them family. It was kinda sounding like you don't like them and the fact that you were using quotation marks in the first paragraph.

Oh yeah I was trying to type up the last part before my flight took off :lol: I get along with her mom rather well.

It’s true that the dad and his gf aren’t my kind of people, but I’ve always been cordial and cool with them.

Oh yeah I was trying to type up the last part before my flight took off :lol: I get along with her mom rather well.

It’s true that the dad and his gf aren’t my kind of people, but I’ve always been cordial and cool with them.

Sounds like the dad kind of sucks but seems like you deal with it well.

Where you heading? Where did you decide to get away for the week?

If it’s Vegas let me know - heading out tomorrow AM for UFC

Sounds like the dad kind of sucks but seems like you deal with it well.

Where you heading? Where did you decide to get away for the week?

If it’s Vegas let me know - heading out tomorrow AM for UFC

That’s all I can do my man. I just have to deal with it. Heading to Ojai Valley Inn for a long weekend! Good looking out with the recommendation

My mom engrained me as a kid “if you marry a girl you marry the family”.

They’re crazy and ratchet? be prepared.

All the women are divorced single moms? Guess what their family tradition will be

This of course is null and void if you and your girl live far away from the potential troublesome extended family. The few meetups yall have every year I’m sure is withstand able

I read it as the father said that to him. With the other stuff he said like "I thought she was just with you because you had money" it sounds on brand.

That caught me off guard because I’ve obviously never discussed any financial stuff with her parents. Other than her telling her parents I got promoted or something idk where that came from.

My latest confessions.

2. It's been two years since my mom died but I still miss her everyday
I lost my sister 25 years ago and still think about her almost every day. It’s never really been anything I’ve fully gotten past, but you eventually learn how to live with it in the day-to-day and turn any of those negative feelings/thoughts (not about your relationship, but the why did it happen type things) into positive memories of the past. Prayers going up for your healing friend.

I lost my sister 25 years ago and still think about her almost every day. It’s never really been anything I’ve fully gotten past, but you eventually learn how to live with it in the day-to-day and turn any of those negative feelings/thoughts (not about your relationship, but the why did it happen type things) into positive memories of the past. Prayers going up for your healing friend.
So much appreciation and love you. The why questions hurt the most but you are right.

Back
Top Bottom