Confirmed: Doernbecher Jordan III to release 7/20/13 - NO BUYING SELLING TRADING

^ just curious, but did u two do it manually?
I did not. The place I used though was able to get me both the Lebrons and the 3s. I'm ok with paying the $100 they charge because in my eyes its basically a pre order.
Take it for what its worth but apparently NikeDC isn't selling the leftover pairs after the pick up times anymore. While I was waiting for the Shadow 1s somebody in line said that they didn't release any of the extra pairs of the Hazelnut Lebrons to the public after the cut off time. Lord knows what happened to those pairs...

I've had a few issues with the way they've handled their releases so far, both good and bad. They didn't have my size 11.5 for the Black Cement 4s when I went to go pick them up in the middle of the pick up window, so instead they just gave me a 12. Not that big of a deal.

Another thing thats happened to me  was that during the release of the BHM Kobes, I wasn't able to pick them up so I sent a friend with my ID and they let him in and purchase them. Mighta been an asian thing but whatever. 
laugh.gif

Didn't get em, no surprise there. What bugs me more is that I have the text notifications on and I never received any text alerts yesterday for these. Had NT Chi twitter up and looked down for a brief second then the link went live.. oh well. 

NDC tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better, for RSVP, that text notification stuff goes out the window. If you are waiting on a text notifiction for a limited RSVP, you have already lost. Dudes are sitting around ALLL DAY refreshing...by the time the text goes out, RSVP is dunzo.

If you want any chance you have to camp on your computer, you have no chance if you plan on whipping out your phone when you get the notification and sending the DM. Don't set your hopes high so then you won't face disappointment.
Do you have to pick the db3s up at the store or will they deliver after ordering online?

Last edited:
Do you have to pick the db3s up at the store or will they deliver after ordering online?
It's amazing people make it all the way here to this forum of NT to ask a question like this....

IN-STORE only, no shipping from NikeTowns on RD

What is so ridiculous about it? It's not like they're not giving you advance notice of when you should be there.
But if the pickup time was stated before the RSVP contest, then a small handful of people with timing conflicts could save their time from trying, especially if they knew they couldn't get there.

I mean what if you wanted DB3 from Mercer only to find out they release on Sunday instead, and you had plans to be gone then?  Could have saved you the trouble of RSVP'ing for a shoe you cannot pickup.

But if the pickup time was stated before the RSVP contest, then a small handful of people with timing conflicts could save their time from trying, especially if they knew they couldn't get there.
I mean what if you wanted DB3 from Mercer only to find out they release on Sunday instead, and you had plans to be gone then?  Could have saved you the trouble of RSVP'ing for a shoe you cannot pickup.

Also, people have lives and jobs. What if they have work in the morning but they get off at 3pm?

A 1 hour window to pickup some shoes? Do they have a reasonable explanation for that? They are a store, and as a store they have normal operating hours in which you can buy products. This RSVP is a way to reserve a product.

I'm pretty sure the reason why they made the window so small is to bank on ppl missing that timeframe and have unclaimed pairs go to the employees.

Also, people have lives and jobs. What if they have work in the morning but they get off at 3pm?

A 1 hour window to pickup some shoes? Do they have a reasonable explanation for that? They are a store, and as a store they have normal operating hours in which you can buy products. This RSVP is a way to reserve a product.

I'm pretty sure the reason why they made the window so small is to bank on ppl missing that timeframe and have unclaimed pairs go to the employees.
Nike doesn't care about you or us...

Get over it homie...

Agreed. Scanless I say. There should be a pick up window until the last hour before store close. Either way this wont change anything. Doesn't matter what we want. Nike only want money. Same goes for employees at NT. I don't blame them cause they probably making minimum wage.

Last edited:

I agree that people have lives. Unfortunately, its Nike. If you want the shoes you have to play by their rules on this one. The smart thing, and sad part of an RSVP, is that you should plan your day around picking up your shoes. Everything else should be secondary...that is if you really want your shoes.

Although shady reasons might factor into their short RSVP windows, I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons such as cutting down on resellers that try to get pairs from all the NYC area stores.

Imagine if they had released the Crimson 3's as a DOERNBECHER JORDAN 3.... Limited colorway, I guarantee that would be flying off shelves and selling for 800.  But the fact that it sat on shelves, no one wants them, lmao. 

Last edited:
it's gonna be hard not to resell these if they are going for that much. i want to keep them for myself but i know i'd never wear them. and frankly if you can make 500 bucks on a sneaker and someone is actually willing to pay it, it's tough to say no.
I'm not hurting (well not too bad). Right now I just want to wear the shoe.

Last edited:
Imagine if they had released the Crimson 3's as a DOERNBECHER JORDAN 3.... Limited colorway, I guarantee that would be flying off shelves and selling for 800.  But the fact that it sat on shelves, no one wants them, lmao. 
I've tried to ignore your posts but you spew some of the most uneducated, thoughtless text.

You're comparing a mostly black silhouette with purple and infrared hits to an ALL RED upper with a clear sole?

Ok. 

If it makes you feel better, for RSVP, that text notification stuff goes out the window. If you are waiting on a text notifiction for a limited RSVP, you have already lost. Dudes are sitting around ALLL DAY refreshing...by the time the text goes out, RSVP is dunzo.
Figured, when I did get the txts the tweet had already been sent out, so its a lose lose anyway.

I aint got time to camp at a computer all day anyways, NDC or bust. Im content with my 2010 pair anways

I've tried to ignore your posts but you spew some of the most uneducated, thoughtless text.

main reason dude is & has been on block for a while ...spewing straight nonsense in every single post

The reason why it's only an hour is to prevent dudes from going to Nike nyc at 8 and then shooting down to Roosevelt field and arriving at 9:15 to pick up their second rsvp

The Hype is real on these, thirst is real too! $1000 resale on eBay easily!

Back
Top Bottom