Confirmed Jordan 14 last shot retro June14th 2018

Now your getting to technical, separate all components really? And to answer your question yes a heavier sneaker is Usually of better quality then a lighter one, leather obviously, not a yeezy or rosche. I’m talking from experience. Have you ever had a real leather jacket? And have you ever had a pleather (fake leather) jacket notice any difference in weight? Real leather is heavy my man, I rest my case

You're assuming that the additional weight is due to thicker leather....and mption.

Concurred. Why I adhere to a strict rule; Js priced at $250+ better be on some premium shyte, or em funds going towards some highend kicks.
Same. I have some models i really like but know I will never buy due to quality. I’m not even all that anal about things. The 1’s are the only Jordan’s as of late that are ok with me quality wise. We gotta take into account the standardization of cost for Jordan’s too. That’s some BS

Last edited:
You're assuming that the additional weight is due to thicker leather....and mption.
I’m assuming the additional weight is not only thicker (synthetic) leather but just thicker materials overall. You keep asking me what I think. Can I hear why is it that you feel that the additional weight doesn’t do anything for quality??

I’m assuming the additional weight is not only thicker (synthetic) leather but just thicker materials overall. You keep asking me what I think. Can I hear why is it that you feel that the additional weight doesn’t do anything for quality??

Thicker materials don't necessarily equate to more weight. Density is a key factor, mass/volume. Like I said before, no way to determine where additional weight comes from unless all weights are know and compared.

Thicker materials don't necessarily equate to more weight. Density is a key factor, mass/volume. Like I said before, no way to determine where additional weight comes from unless all weights are know and compared.
So what your telling me is that you can’t answer that because you would have to break everything down to see what’s heavier than what. If that’s the case then you can’t say I’m wrong since you don’t even know

20180619_194958.jpg
20180619_191814.jpg
20180619_195017.jpg
20180619_191719.jpg
20180619_191658.jpg
20180619_191750.jpg
20180619_191737.jpg
I’ll be interested to see how my pair from SNKRS looks with respect to quality control. I decided to stroll through the mall Thursday afternoon to see the shoes in person. Plenty of size 12’s still in the stock room - all covered in glue, some with missed stitching exposing internal padding, etc. Overall Grade B or worse. So glad I decided to grab a pair of ‘05’s while I could. Second pair on the way!

My pair from SNKRS arrived today, so I finally got the chance to perform a close comparison of the 2018 (left) and the 2005 (right) models (I added the collar insert to the 2005 to standardize it). Going beyond the QC issues which have been well documented, if I didn't know better I'd say they weren't even supposed to be the same shoe. The shape of the shoes are completely different - from lateral, head-on, and overhead POVs. The "leather" on the 2018 is tumbled to an extreme and feels like it's more likely to be vinyl than actual leather. It's actually distracting to my eye rather than adding a touch of luxury - like that of a Ferrari. The spacing on certain aspects of the shoes differs so greatly that this goes beyond a QC issue. It's almost as if JB didn't have the original blueprints. Either that or their industrial design teams aren't what they used to be. This is a sad indictment on the company. But it's the fact that they know anything they release will sell out, regardless of quality or price, that allows them to continue this behavior. But it's ultimately that behavior that will keep them behind adidas.

Putting these on the first thing smoking back to Memphis!!!

Attachments

• 20180619_191658.jpg
    20180619_191658.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 12
20180619_194958.jpg
20180619_191814.jpg
20180619_195017.jpg
20180619_191719.jpg
20180619_191658.jpg
20180619_191750.jpg
20180619_191737.jpg

My pair from SNKRS arrived today, so I finally got the chance to perform a close comparison of the 2018 (left) and the 2005 (right) models (I added the collar insert to the 2005 to standardize it). Going beyond the QC issues which have been well documented, if I didn't know better I'd say they weren't even supposed to be the same shoe. The shape of the shoes are completely different - from lateral, head-on, and overhead POVs. The "leather" on the 2018 is tumbled to an extreme and feels like it's more likely to be vinyl than actual leather. It's actually distracting to my eye rather than adding a touch of luxury - like that of a Ferrari. The spacing on certain aspects of the shoes differs so greatly that this goes beyond a QC issue. It's almost as if JB didn't have the original blueprints. Either that or their industrial design teams aren't what they used to be. This is a sad indictment on the company. But it's the fact that they know anything they release will sell out, regardless of quality or price, that allows them to continue this behavior. But it's ultimately that behavior that will keep them behind adidas.

Putting these on the first thing smoking back to Memphis!!!
Thanks for the comparison. I’m picking up a pair once they drop below 100. More ammo for me to keep on believing the 05 is superior. Also do this for da hen da hen can you compare the weight difference for him and see which pair is heavier :rofl:

Exactly my point. These are NOT premium shoes. What in your opinion justifies the $160 from 2011 to $190 price increase
Nope, getting played for these for sure. Typical JB quality control too. My pair is bunk, I tried calling every footlocker in my area for an exchange, and they’re out. They’re sold out on my size on the app too. Lol... all bad

My pair from the SNKRS app has arrived (wish it would have gotten hear earlier so I could have worn them to get something to eat with my friend). The pair I received is pretty good, the box is in pristine condition and the paper is crisp. The production dates on mine are 11/01/17 to 01/23/18:

14s 1.jpg

14s 2.jpg

14s 3.jpg

14s 4.jpg

Nope, getting played for these for sure. Typical JB quality control too. My pair is bunk, I tried calling every footlocker in my area for an exchange, and they’re out. They’re sold out on my size on the app too. Lol... all bad
I saw them in person and could not fork out the 190 plus tax on em. Qc is bad and I know for sure they will hit the sales rack. Hold onto them a few retailers still have them in stock. Order a new pair and return the bad one. Otherwise if you have glue stains warm it up with a blow dryer and rub it off

Got mine from SNKRS as well today. 1st pair of last shots. One shoe “flawless” (glue stains aside) while the other had glue stains on the shark teeth and then were painted over. So they have these bumps that feel like gravel on them.

Don’t get me wrong I like the shoe but I wish I could trade it in for a better pair. All the local shops are dry in my size.

So, I personally have 140 pairs of Js at this point in my collection..I absolutely try and get military discount on every release or wait for them to drop in price..let’s do some math here based off an average retail of $190 for arguments sake.

$190 retail
20% military discount = $38
$38 X 140 pairs = $5,320 saved

So you tell me that saving $5,320 is ridiculous lol. You do you, others will do them..but don’t bash bro
Yemen! Retail or MIL disco checking in here, copped these last week for $164 out the door and also walked out the door with these joints on my feet lol

as soon as i get the shoe i throw those out along with the size sticker
I never wear new shoes right away. So right after I try them on and everythings ok, I try to put everything back the way it came. But I can never figure out which side is which with those cardboard things. :lol:

Glue stains and all, I still will get these. May wait a little longer for a better price. But they will get beat down for sure. Just like the originals did. I know they are slightly different, but not enough to keep me away from eventually getting a pair. Still in, just not right now.

Back
Top Bottom