Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

you didnt say if tho

you said he WILL

very very bold claims

when you reach the pinnacle of greatness, all these regular season stuff doesnt matter anymore

when u think of jordan, do u think of his mvps or his rings?
when u think of duncan, do u think of his mvps or rings?
kareem, shaq, kobe magic hakeem moses etc

all of these players can win mvps, dpoy, 1st team, all stars etc etc in any given year, but to them and to us, we only care about the rings and we will remember them by the rings
2-3 rings isnt going to cut it

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Lebron will never be in the top 5. He lacks basic fundamentals.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He going to seek counsel from Andre Miller in the coming off season 
laugh.gif

Top 5 athlete in nba history without a doubt. For anyone to fathom LBJ as the GOAT is an insult I take personally. Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Bird, Magic, MJ, Kobe, Hakeem, Russell, Duncan...... On and off the court.

NBA=And1+AAU

Manu has the euro one two step
Lebron has the one two three step / crab dribble.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

you didnt say if tho

you said he WILL

very very bold claims

when you reach the pinnacle of greatness, all these regular season stuff doesnt matter anymore

all of these players can win mvps, dpoy, 1st team, all stars etc etc in any given year, but to them and to us, we only care about the rings and we will remember them by the rings

How is that bold? Honestly? Serious question. I don't see why he won't win at least 2 more MVPS. I don't see why he wouldn't win at least 1-2 rings. I don't see how that is such a bold statement.
And stop talking about LeBron as if he has 2 years left in his career. Granted he can drop dead at any given point but the underlined phrases deal with retired players and/or players that are in the last chapter of their lives. So they have the luxury of being remembered for things other than MVPS.

Again, we are speaking hypothetically but I don't see how it was a BOLD statement.

How many rings will cut it and why isn't 2-3 enough?

Several bench players have more than 2-3. He has yet to face a serious injury it catches up to every player eventually.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

you didnt say if tho

you said he WILL

very very bold claims

How is that bold? Honestly? Serious question. I don't see why he won't win at least 2 more MVPS. I don't see why he wouldn't win at least 1-2 rings. I don't see how that is such a bold statement.
And stop talking about LeBron as if he has 2 years left in his career. Granted he can drop dead at any given point but the underlined phrases deal with retired players and/or players that are in the last chapter of their lives. So they have the luxury of being remembered for things other than MVPS.

Again, we are speaking hypothetically but I don't see how it was a BOLD statement.

How many rings will cut it and why isn't 2-3 enough?
saying that he will be top 2-3 is not bold, it is an impossibility even if he wins more MVP's and titles

pulling the %*$@% move will not help him leap ahead of bird, magic, wilt, duncan, kobe, etc
grin.gif

Right now, top 3 is probably Jordan, Kareem, and Russell.
Please tell me who Lebron will replace on that list? 

Not hating on Lebron, he's one of the best players in the league today, and will be alongside the greats when it's all said and done, but these guys have absolutely dominated on the biggest stage. At the end of the day, basketball is about winning and these guys have done it over and over and over again.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Carry on...
Spoiler [+]

wbap1l.jpg

Keep in mind Lebron entered the league younger than Jordan, so this picture is kind of misleading. 
This is Lebron's ninth year in the league. Nine years in the league, MJ had 3 rings (all finals mvps) and 3 regular season mvps, and a DPOY. Once again, not hating on Bron.

Carry on...

10+ all nba first team AND defensive team
2+ more mvps
2+ dpoy
2-3 rings

assuming he accomplishes them all
that would make him a top 3 player of all time..
wouldnt you say that is bold?

kareem basically has all that stuff plus more
but fans valued magic over him, otherwise they would made a statue for kareem. Most will say magic is 2nd behind jordan. number 3 is up for grabs between kareem bird russell

duncan is an interesting case because he is still playing and has a great chance to get number 5, and when we talk about top 5 players of all time duncan rarely gets a mention

now the question is where does lebron fit in
all these players got their regular season awards but its the rings that separates them
even if lebron does win some rings, he will need some finals MVP to go with them

The funny part about that pic is that Lebron has already lost in 2 finals in which the first he got swept (Team was outmatched clearly but when talking about greatest you couldve won a game). The second he averaged 17 pts a game against a defense that had 38 yr old J.Kidd, 30 + J terry, & 30+ Shawn Marion....... All of which wouldnt be able to stop Lebron combined if he decided to stop being *****made
Hell had he even attacked at all HE KNOWS he has the ref on his side and still bails people out by bricking fadeaway after fadeaway 

Why are we acting like LeBron is the first and only player to have the refs in his back pocket? You all do know Jordan used to get the same treatment as he was coming up? People were jealous that the league was building around him and the refs babied him. So don't make that out to be a LeBron exclusive thing.

I HATE LeBron with a passion but he earned it this year. I don't think he'll ever be top 5 because he doesn't have heart. He doesn't have that killer instinct.

and I didn't see someone say he's underrated. Announcers make fun of his hairline, decision and stupid comments but no one questions his talent. Son is far from underrated.

Originally Posted by tyisny

The funny part about that pic is that Lebron has already lost in 2 finals in which the first he got swept (Team was outmatched clearly but when talking about greatest you couldve one a game). The second he averaged 17 pts a game against a defense that had 38 yr old J.Kidd, 30 + J terry, & 30+ Shawn Marion....... All of which wouldnt be able to stop Lebron combined if he decided to stop being *****made
Hell had he even attacked at all HE KNOWS he has the ref on his side and still bails people out by bricking fadeaway after fadeaway 
You're right but I posted that pic because of the headline that they had on top of the stats.."What's all the hoopla about?" We've been arguing the same points for years for no reason (imo). We know the guy is highly talented and yes he's had his troubles but even though we live in a what have you done for me lately society theres no reason to be going back and forth about what if scenarios as it concerns his career. He's only a little more than halfway through if that much. What if social networking and forums existed in the late 80's? Would we be bashing Jordan saying he had no chance to win after getting swept by the Celtics twice or losing to the Pistons 3 years in a row? It just doesnt make sense to waste time with these arguments when we all have no idea how the rest of his career will play out. He's 27 now and reaching that point where Jordan started winning his titles. Let's allow it to play out before we attempt to define what will and wont be his legacy..
MeloManFan, I look at the total time of playing ball as a collective learning curve for the players. Mike learned under the likes of Dean Smith and Phil Jackson. LeBron had Silas, the much maligned Mike Brown and now Eric Spoelstra. I mean...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why are we acting like LeBron is the first and only player to have the refs in his back pocket? You all do know Jordan used to get the same treatment as he was coming up? People were jealous that the league was building around him and the refs babied him. So don't make that out to be a LeBron exclusive thing.
The Jordan Rules... Sometimes I wonder man..

10+ all nba first team AND defensive team
2+ more mvps
2+ dpoy
2-3 rings

assuming he accomplishes them all
that would make him a top 3 player of all time..
wouldnt you say that is bold?
10+ all nba first team AND defensive team - Already Done
1 MVP/ 2 Finals MVP's - Already Done
5 Rings (already No made up !$%@) - Already Done

Top 5 NBA scoring list - Already Done (Should finish # 3 at least)

Already Done By Kobe Bryant (Who might I add is still looking pretty Good for an "old man"

So even if All of this imaginary stuff does happen forget Mike, Kareem, Magic etc...that still leaves him lookin up at Kobe so pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me why you would think he's going to be top 2/3 ever please.

and were not even gonna get into the legacy's & Reps that also come along With grading the greatest ever & AORN he is known for "not showing up in big moments"

Reward the best player of each season, no matter the politics. If LeBron is going to win the next 3-4 MVP awards because he is the best player of those seasons, then so be it. Fans are too concerned about legacies that they shape in their mind for current players that they do not want to see those storylines altered.

Honestly, I don't see him being Top 2/3. I don't think anyone really does. So I retract my statement, it is a bold thing to say that he will be Top 2/3. My fault I don't know what I was thinking. I even said it will probably not happen. I don't think he has a chance. Even if he did, people wouldn't admit it. Maybe if he came along 50 years from now when everyone that saw Jordan and Magic and Kareem were dead.

But why are we even talking about this? Enjoy your MVP young man. He earned it.

Originally Posted by knightngale

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring
Is Chris Bosh really a franchise player though? 
laugh.gif
 Tell me Bosh and Wade are better than Scottie and Worm...

Originally Posted by Physicx

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dude has no jumper, not a great handle, no post game.... dude is the product of david stern's officiating and HGH

Originally Posted by Swamp

Originally Posted by Physicx

dude has no jumper, not a great handle, no post game.... dude is the product of david stern's officiating and HGH
you OBVIOUSLY haven't watched dude play in 3-4 years.

^ What are you basing your thoughts of him not having a jumper or a post game on? Do you have hard stats on those accusations or are you basing it off of personal feelings?

What if social networking and forums existed in the late 80's? Would we be bashing Jordan saying he had no chance to win after getting swept by the Celtics twice or losing to the Pistons 3 years in a row? It just doesnt make sense to waste time with these arguments when we all have no idea how the rest of his career will play out. He's 27 now and reaching that point where Jordan started winning his titles. Let's allow it to play out before we attempt to define what will and wont be his legacy..
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They might if by the time he reached that point and hadn't  proven himself on the biggest stages people were calling him one of the greatest ever and continuing to call him the best over guys like Magic/Bird. You must also take into account that even though Jordan lost he came up his biggest in those games, his teams simply werent better yet but his individual performances were phenominal                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   The three years he got eliminated prior to his ring he averaged 36/5/7, 35/7/7, 37/7/7 This Dude ALWAYS showed up and played great unlike Lebron[/font]

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

End of Lebrons MVP Speech

"This is NOT what I want, (speaking of the MVP trophy)...I want that Championship....and thats all that matters to me."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do it Bron!!! Do what your supposed to do and get that RING!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom