Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

The guy has detroyed the game with the rest of these clowns. MJ played basketball, football, baseball, and track. Excuse me the 110 percent just isn't adding up.

Originally Posted by DubA169

He is 110 percent more talented than mj
110% better footwork and post up game than MJ? 110% better mid range J or fadeaway?

Even if you refer to talent as "athleticism," Lebron is not 110% more athletic than prime Jordan. Prime Jordan on a fastbreak
sick.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by DubA169

He is 110 percent more talented than mj
110% better footwork and post up game than MJ? 110% better mid range J or fadeaway?

Even if you refer to talent as "athleticism," Lebron is not 110% more athletic than prime Jordan. Prime Jordan on a fastbreak
sick.gif
Only thing Lebron does better than Michael Jordan from a skill perspective is pass the ball, excellent court vision. Both were never great 3 point shooters but MJ seemed to always hit one when needed.

16l0lci.png

Shocking that TD in 03 is the last MVP to win the title

Congrats nonetheless

I'm sure Skip will have an issue as always with this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Please, if D.Rose didn't struggle with injuries all year he would have won MVP again. He could have won for many years to come if hadn't had that terrible injury. Now the door is open James and Durant to gobble them up. No salt, I love Lebron. Jus saiyan....
indifferent.gif

DRose is a great player, top 10 player today for sure, but think about this: when people name their starting 5 for the 2012 Summer Team, you rarely see anyone put Rose over Deron or CP3. And this was before Rose got hit with the injury bug. If you don't believe me go a few pages back and find the Team USA thread. There's even a growing number of people who would rather have Westbrook over Rose on that squad. The fact that Rose isn't even generally accepted as the best PG in the game is enough for your last statement to be erroneous. 

If you really think MVP = best player on the team with the best record, then sure...you're right... But I have never believed in that definition of the MVP. I am from the camp that believes the NBA MVP should go to the best player in the league and the only hard fast rule is that the MVP cannot be from a team with a losing record.... So yes, I believe Kobe should have more than 1. I believe LeBron should be going for his 5th straight MVP next year. 

I'm not trying to point to a few games but did you see LeBron lock down Rose in last year's playoffs? Held him to like 10% shooting 
sick.gif
. Has Rose ever gotten a vote for All-Defensive team...let alone votes for Defensive Player of the Year? When LeBron left the Cavs, they became the worst team in NBA history. When Rose played half a season this year on 1 leg, the Bulls still ended up with the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure in what ways you think Rose is better than LeBron...in highlight layups? 

and 
indifferent.gif
 @ Super Saiyan...really?

Never said D.Rose was better than Lebron. We all know Lebron is better, but D.Rose has a great team and great coach around him and he is fearless. Don't discount Rose's mvp because he did some amazing things that year. Rose's stats against other pgs:

name PPGFG%AssistsPGFT%3P%
Derrick Rose (CHI)25*44.5%7.785.8%33.2%

Russell Westbrook (KC)21.944.2%8.284.2%33%
Chris Paul (NO)15.846.3%9.887.8%38.8%
Deron Williams (NJN)20.143.9%10.384.5%33.1%
Rajon Rondo (BOS)10.647.5%11.256.8%23.3%
Steve Nash (PHX)14.749.2%11.4*91.2%*39.5%*
Tony Parker (SA)17.551.9%*6.677%35.7%

He ranked seventh in scoring and 10th in assists, making him the only player this season in the top 10 in both categories. The only other Bulls player to do that was Jordan in 1988-89, when he led the league in scoring (32.5 points) and finished 10th in assists.

Dont downplay Rose's role with the bulls. He played in the playoffs last year and the team went all the way to the ECF. He gets hurt this year and the Bulls lose to the Sixers in the first round. The Team USA thing was a cheap shot. We all know Rose wouldn't be the best fit as he is not a "true" pass-first/setup other players type of point guard. Westbrook over Rose is laughable. Imagine Rose coming off the bench in the Olympics and absolutely lighting it up. I know Lebron did a great job on him in the ECF, but don't act like my dude didn't rip the Hawks heart out when he put 44 on em!

Keith Bogans started in the backcourt with D.Rose all 82 games last year and averaged 4.4PPG!! Do you know who Keith Bogans is? Didn't think so. Boozer and Noah missed considerable amounts of time and D.Rose still led his team to the best record.

Keith Bogans????????

And he is not the best PG?????
I'm waiting for the mall to open so I'll pick apart a few of your main points
"Never said D.Rose was better than Lebron. We all know Lebron is better, but D.Rose has a great team and great coach around him and he is fearless. "

Glad you can take off your DRose jersey and admit LeBron is better. MVP does not equal = Has a great team, great coach, and fearless award.... Javale McGee is fearless. Not sure what fearless has to do with the MVP award.

He ranked seventh in scoring and 10th in assists, making him the only player this season in the top 10 in both categories.

LeBron is consistently top 3 scoring, top 12 in assists, top 3 steals, top 20 rebounding, top of the league in triple doubles, and always at the top of historical league PER/efficiency ratings
sick.gif
. I haven't even mentioned defense. He can shut down players from Rose to Bargnani to Pau. His size, versatility, and dominance is far more impactful than any player not named Dwight. The phrase Derrick Rose triple double might as well be an oxymoron at this point. Players like Rajon Rondo are more well rounded than Rose. But Rose is definitely more fearless 
indifferent.gif

Dont downplay Rose's role with the bulls.

I'm not downplaying any superstar's role with any team. Players like Dwight, Kobe, Rose, LeBron, Dirk, etc. are paid max money for a reason. They are in the top 1 percentile of talent in the world. But basing the MVP on who's most 'important' is too arbitrary and subjective. I'd rather rely on statistics instead of highlight reel layups. 

Rose played in the playoffs last year and the team went all the way to the ECF. He gets hurt this year and the Bulls lose to the Sixers in the first round. 

LeBron played for the Cavs and they had the best record in the NBA 2 straight years. He leaves Cleveland and the Cavs become the worst team in NBA history. LeBron WAS Cleveland. The heart, soul, and basically the only talent they had. Look at the squad LeBron took the Finals (Delonte, etc) and compare that to Rose's roster last year. It's not even comparable.

The Team USA thing was a cheap shot. We all know Rose wouldn't be the best fit as he is not a "true" pass-first/setup other players type of point guard. 

A cheap shot? We all know LeBron has more haters than Rose. People watch LeBron just to see him fail; but no matter what you're smoking/drinking on, we all know LeBron is starting on any Olympic/All Star/All Decade team. He's the consensus best forward since Tim Duncan and he's regarded by some as the best small forward of all time. Again, I'm stating facts while you're defending/hurting your argument with claims that Rose is 'fearless'. Allen Iverson is fearless...and unemployed.

Imagine Rose coming off the bench in the Olympics and absolutely lighting it up.

Imagine any team with LeBron coming off the bench. You can't. 
laugh.gif

I know Lebron did a great job on him in the ECF, but don't act like my dude didn't rip the Hawks heart out when he put 44 on em!

You're a weird dude. You concede that LeBron shut Rose down in the ECF, but bring up a secondary/less meaningful data point to support Rose. LeBron shutting Rose down in the ECF > any accomplishment involving the Hawks

Keith Bogans started in the backcourt with D.Rose all 82 games last year and averaged 4.4PPG!! Do you know who Keith Bogans is?

I empathize with you.... Keith Bogans sucks
laugh.gif
. But Kobe's prime years set a precedent that having D-League quality teammates, even if they're in your starting lineup (think Smush, Luke, Kwame, Mihm), does not help your MVP chances. I mean Kobe was putting up 35 5 5 and still finished 3rd in the balloting. 

Boozer and Noah missed considerable amounts of time and D.Rose still led his team to the best record.

Rose missed half of THIS season and Boozer/Noah led the Bulls to the best record. See what I did there?

Aztec06jr....dont waste anymore of your time bro (great post btw, just know it took a long time). There isnt a single basic statistic, advanced statistic or measurable reason that supports Rose for MVP last year or this year.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral
He should thank us by making the MVP 9's a general release. This way all his fans can celebrate with him in their own little way without having to break the bank, wait in line for 12 hours, or deal with a mob.

Highest PPG, Potential Series Clinchers
[h4]NBA History[/h4][table][tr][th=""]
[/th][th=""]PPG[/th][th=""]Games[/th][/tr][tr][td]Michael Jordan[/td][td]34.2[/td][td]43[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td]33.3[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Elgin Baylor[/td][td]31.1[/td][td]32[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry West[/td][td]28.6[/td][td]34[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]28.3[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]>Min. 10 games[/td][/tr][tr][td]>>Source: Elias Sports Bureau[/td][/tr][/table]

Just had to remind y'all

• 6-time NBA champion: 1991-93, 1996-98 (all with Chicago Bulls)

Micheal+Jordan.jpg

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Just had to remind y'all

• 6-time NBA champion: 1991-93, 1996-98 (all with Chicago Bulls)

Micheal+Jordan.jpg
I thought this thread was about Lebron and his 3rd MVP?  Am I missing something here?

Originally Posted by knightngale

lol@ nyc buck

dude was ghost after his man was ghost in the finals
I forgot who mentioned it first but nyk buc is one of those dudes who rode TMac like Secretariat back during the "Kobe or TMac?" days so it's only natural he's giving the same treatment to his new hero LBJ.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Once you figure that out you'll understand why his views are so slanted toward certain players.

Bron is a class act. He definitely can't win with y'all though.
laugh.gif
I enjoyed the speech and it's always good to see a genuine guy like that who came from nothing succeed.

What separates lebron from kobe and mj is footwork. If lbj develops that kinda footwork thann he will go down as one of the best ever.

Well With bosh possibly out for a while we will see how the three time MVP takes his team to the next level. They should get past the pacers but Paul Pierce is sitting back waiting to stomp Lebrons dreams once again lol

Back
Top Bottom