Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

Originally Posted by tyisny

Well With bosh possibly out for a while we will see how the three time MVP takes his team to the next level. They should get past the pacers but Paul Pierce is sitting back waiting to stomp Lebrons dreams once again lol

The same paul piearce that Bron drained 2 big 3's on in the last meeting in the Play Offs.....oh him...
Oh ok...

Originally Posted by odog24

What separates lebron from kobe and mj is footwork. If lbj develops that kinda footwork thann he will go down as one of the best ever.
LeBron is taller and bigger than both of them. He just needs to continue this level of production for the next 6-8 years and he will have many NBA records locked up. 

The hate is DEEP in some of you
laugh.gif

Congrats to Bron
pimp.gif
I hope he %%@@@!! destroys everything in sight in the playoffs and wins it. Be a lot better place here when he has a ring.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

Congrats to Bron
pimp.gif
I hope he %%@@@!! destroys everything in sight in the playoffs and wins it. Be a lot better place here when he has a ring.

Pro, I feel the same way.  I hope he gets his ring this year...but you just know folks will be quick to throw up an *, discrediting the @@$% out of him because of the "short" season.  If he wins another championship going forward, they'll say he only won because he was on a stacked team.  He's the most polarizing athlete in the NBA, and won't get the respect he deserves because of dumb personal biases that have NOTHING to do with how dominant of a player he actually is. 

Where does the Paul Pierce has LeBron's number thing come from? Played each other to a draw in '08, Pierce had one good game in '10 and even with his Game 5 LeBron out played him for the series (Rondo was best player on either team) and then proceeded to annihilate him last post-season.

Celtics could definitely beat them without Bosh but it sure as hell won't be because Paul Pierce stands in his way.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Congrats to Bron
pimp.gif
Pro, I feel the same way.  I hope he gets his ring this year...but you just know folks will be quick to throw up an *, discrediting the @@$% out of him because of the "short" season.  If he wins another championship going forward, they'll say he only won because he was on a stacked team.  He's the most polarizing athlete in the NBA, and won't get the respect he deserves because of dumb personal biases that have NOTHING to do with how dominant of a player he actually is. 
Agreed.

If it'd be any other player they wouldn't put "*" next to his name.
When and if he wins one this year, the next hate line would be, "He only has 1".

I can see it already.

Fam he's been in the L 9 years now He is a complete Project. Your asking a guy who games Relies on Athleticism, more than any superstar (not named Dwight Howard) to continue to put up 30 a game for the next 6-8 years?

Fam he's been in the L 9 years now He is a complete Project. Your asking a guy who games Relies on Athleticism, more than any superstar (not named Dwight Howard) to continue to put up 30 a game for the next 6-8 years?
So you think in 5 years LeBron regresses to 20 4 4 ?
laugh.gif

'Fam,' with the advances in therapy they got going on in Germany, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bron putting up 26-6-6 for the next 10 years easy.

His jumper from 10-23 feet is just as automatic as Melo/Kobe/KD etc.

He routinely scores in the post. His points per possession on post ups put him in the 91st percentile in the league and he's among the league leaders in FG% from  post ups, according to Synergy Sports.

His game isn't just "bull rush the rim or shoot a three" anymore. His game will age fine.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

His jumper from 10-23 feet is just as automatic as Melo/Bron/KD etc.

He routinely scores in the post. His points per possession on post ups put him in the 91st percentile in the league and he's among the league leaders in FG% from  post ups, according to Synergy Sports.

His game isn't just "bull rush the rim or shoot a three" anymore. His game will age fine.
Exactly. The way people hate on LeBron, you would think his offensive game was like Corey Magettes 
laugh.gif

His game is Alot more refined than it was early on. However a large reason he gets the shots he does now is simply because he's quicker and more explosive than most. the way he bolts up the court is second to none, Driving to the basket that combo of speed/power gets him much easier shots than most.

It happens to every player he's bound to slow down, lose explosion and that is going to hurt him tremendously when it happens. I'm not saying he won't be good but he will be significantly less effective unless he develops his game more. Yes he may have developed a good jumper, but that is not his game that's not his bread & butter.... what teams are scared of the most with him is his ability to destroy you from driving and in turn finding others. 

Where is their hate, dudes claim hate to everyone who doesn't believe he's the best player in the L handsdown, Nobody is callin him a bum nobody is saying he isn't a HOF what people are tired of is all this praise w/o the results

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Congrats to Bron
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 who cares what some of these dopes think?  You know how hard it is just to make it through a brutal 66 game schedule for any player in this league.  If he (the Heat) are the last ones standing, I have no idea why anyone would put an asterisk next to it.  Then you BETTER start going back and putting asterisks next to teams who won because some guys were injured.  A chip is a chip no matter what.  I just read another clown *!% article on Yahoo today saying he's the most maddening superstar because he didn't play like he did in the 4th for the entire game?  Are you kidding me? 
laugh.gif
 the guy cannot win no matter what he does.  I swear people on here must lose sleep over how much they hate Bron.

Lebron isn't super quick, though. Fast once he gets going? Sure. Quick? No. It's why smaller players or quicker fowards can stay in front of him or remain on his hip. He doesn't have some lightning fast 1st step.

^Exactly, LeBron doesn't have that lighting fast first step that D. Wade, Jordan, etc. demonstrated in their prime. In fact, I'd venture to say that an in-shape Carmelo Anthony has a better first step than LeBron (although LeBron is clearly much faster and is a much more explosive leaper, esp. off of one foot).

It's maddening to me when people insist that LeBron's game is pure athleticism while glorifying Kobe as the embodiment of touch, skill, and grace. LeBron is 6'8'' with a great handle, excellent court vision, respectable repertoire of finishing moves, excellent defensive ability and a great feel for the game. Even if some of his speed goes, he'll still have those qualities, and he'll still have excellent strength and an imposing frame. I think LeBron might be even more scary if, in the future, he stops trying to shake and blow by everyone and continues to develop a post game.

Well With bosh possibly out for a while we will see how the three time MVP takes his team to the next level. They should get past the pacers but Paul Pierce is sitting back waiting to stomp Lebrons dreams once again lol
The same Paul Pierce that went 2-9 tonight for a whopping 7 points?

His game is Alot more refined than it was early on. However a large reason he gets the shots he does now is simply because he's quicker and more explosive than most. the way he bolts up the court is second to none, Driving to the basket that combo of speed/power gets him much easier shots than most.

It happens to every player he's bound to slow down, lose explosion and that is going to hurt him tremendously when it happens. I'm not saying he won't be good but he will be significantly less effective unless he develops his game more. Yes he may have developed a good jumper, but that is not his game that's not his bread & butter.... what teams are scared of the most with him is his ability to destroy you from driving and in turn finding others. 

Where is their hate, dudes claim hate to everyone who doesn't believe he's the best player in the L handsdown, Nobody is callin him a bum nobody is saying he isn't a HOF what people are tired of is all this praise w/o the results
Praise without the results?  The man just won his 3rd MVP at the age of 27. 

The %$#% are you tommbout?!  I can't.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Exactly. The way people hate on LeBron, you would think his offensive game was like Corey Magettes 
laugh.gif
Exactly
laugh.gif

jaguars-fan-confused-%+!.gif

He shoots jumpers & posts up at an elite level. What are you talking about develop his game more?

Dude gets most of his points from fastbreaks, barreling to the basket, and free throws. Those area all things that will slow down with age.
roll.gif
@the thought that this dude will be scoring 30 a game from post ups and jumpers later in his career. Even his current post moves are based more on athleticism than skill.

Considering that he only averages 20 shots per game for his career, I doubt he averages 30 at any point in the future regardless of what he does.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Dude gets most of his points from fastbreaks, barreling to the basket, and free throws. Those area all things that will slow down with age.
roll.gif
@the thought that this dude will be scoring 30 a game from post ups and jumpers later in his career. Even his current post moves are based more on athleticism than skill.

Watch the game more please. Your basketball knowledge is so bad, that I think you just watch highlights of Lebron on the fastbreak and assumes that's how he scores all of his points.
http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=LeBron James

35% of his offense is at the rim. He shoots a whopping 47% from 3-15 ft (the midrange area where it takes SKILL). 

Now let's go to the other "elite" skilled player.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kobe Bryant

Kobe's mostly a jumpshooter, so only 15% of his shots are at the rim. But considering the "reputation" of how great Kobe's midrange is, he shoots 33% from 3-9 ft, and 42% from 10-15 ft. 

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant has 25% of his offense around the rim. From 3-9 ft, he shoots 45%. From 10-15 ft, he shoots 29%.

So what the hell are you talking about? LBJ finishes around the rim BETTER than Kobe and Durant, and he shoots midrange jumpers BETTER than Kobe and Durant. 

And he's more efficient in the post than other perimeter players including Melo and Kobe BY FAR, ESPN had a stat on this earlier. And he's still learning that part of the game. In 2-3 years, you'll see him more and more in the post as his athleticism declines bit by bit as he hits 30 yo. But the fact that he's honing his midrange game, his 3pt shot tells you his game will age fine. He'll still be a top 5 player when he's 34-35yo simply b/c he's so skilled. 

If you actually watch Heat games, I wouldn't need to bring up these damn stats for ya. It's obvious. There's a reason he's widely regarded as the best ALL-AROUND player in the league, and that's usually reserved for the most skilled player.

Back
Top Bottom