Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by tyisny

His game is Alot more refined than it was early on. However a large reason he gets the shots he does now is simply because he's quicker and more explosive than most. the way he bolts up the court is second to none, Driving to the basket that combo of speed/power gets him much easier shots than most.

It happens to every player he's bound to slow down, lose explosion and that is going to hurt him tremendously when it happens. I'm not saying he won't be good but he will be significantly less effective unless he develops his game more. Yes he may have developed a good jumper, but that is not his game that's not his bread & butter.... what teams are scared of the most with him is his ability to destroy you from driving and in turn finding others. 

Where is their hate, dudes claim hate to everyone who doesn't believe he's the best player in the L handsdown, Nobody is callin him a bum nobody is saying he isn't a HOF what people are tired of is all this praise w/o the results
Dude gets most of his points from fastbreaks, barreling to the basket, and free throws. Those area all things that will slow down with age.
roll.gif
@the thought that this dude will be scoring 30 a game from post ups and jumpers later in his career. Even his current post moves are based more on athleticism than skill.

Watch the game more please. Your basketball knowledge is so bad, that I think you just watch highlights of Lebron on the fastbreak and assumes that's how he scores all of his points.
http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=LeBron James

35% of his offense is at the rim. He shoots a whopping 47% from 3-15 ft (the midrange area where it takes SKILL). 

Now let's go to the other "elite" skilled player.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kobe Bryant

Kobe's mostly a jumpshooter, so only 15% of his shots are at the rim. But considering the "reputation" of how great Kobe's midrange is, he shoots 33% from 3-9 ft, and 42% from 10-15 ft. 

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kevin Durant

Kevin Durant has 25% of his offense around the rim. From 3-9 ft, he shoots 45%. From 10-15 ft, he shoots 29%.

So what the hell are you talking about? LBJ finishes around the rim BETTER than Kobe and Durant, and he shoots midrange jumpers BETTER than Kobe and Durant. 

And he's more efficient in the post than other perimeter players including Melo and Kobe BY FAR, ESPN had a stat on this earlier. And he's still learning that part of the game. In 2-3 years, you'll see him more and more in the post as his athleticism declines bit by bit as he hits 30 yo. But the fact that he's honing his midrange game, his 3pt shot tells you his game will age fine. He'll still be a top 5 player when he's 34-35yo simply b/c he's so skilled. 

If you actually watch Heat games, I wouldn't need to bring up these damn stats for ya. It's obvious. There's a reason he's widely regarded as the best ALL-AROUND player in the league, and that's usually reserved for the most skilled player.
good analysis
glasses.gif

This is the problem I do watch the game so these stats mean nothing to me.... The guy Clearly takes advantage of his ability to get to the rim at will. He shoots a high percentage because he takes fewer shots in that area as opposed to a kobe or durant who do a large amount of their work in the midrange.

But leave it to the guy who says Lebron is def gonna be top 2-3 ever to use some advance statistics to try and validate his point

Here's a little statistic of my own... Nobody in the Great convo has averaged 20+ for their career and NEVER score over 25 points in a finals game....... except mr top 3 ever
laugh.gif

His game is Alot more refined than it was early on. However a large reason he gets the shots he does now is simply because he's quicker and more explosive than most. the way he bolts up the court is second to none, Driving to the basket that combo of speed/power gets him much easier shots than most.

It happens to every player he's bound to slow down, lose explosion and that is going to hurt him tremendously when it happens. I'm not saying he won't be good but he will be significantly less effective unless he develops his game more. Yes he may have developed a good jumper, but that is not his game that's not his bread & butter.... what teams are scared of the most with him is his ability to destroy you from driving and in turn finding others. 

Where is their hate, dudes claim hate to everyone who doesn't believe he's the best player in the L handsdown, Nobody is callin him a bum nobody is saying he isn't a HOF what people are tired of is all this praise w/o the results
Dude gets most of his points from fastbreaks, barreling to the basket, and free throws. Those area all things that will slow down with age.
roll.gif
@the thought that this dude will be scoring 30 a game from post ups and jumpers later in his career. Even his current post moves are based more on athleticism than skill.

Watch the game more please. Your basketball knowledge is so bad, that I think you just watch highlights of Lebron on the fastbreak and assumes that's how he scores all of his points.

35% of his offense is at the rim. He shoots a whopping 47% from 3-15 ft (the midrange area where it takes SKILL). 

Kobe's mostly a jumpshooter, so only 15% of his shots are at the rim. But considering the "reputation" of how great Kobe's midrange is, he shoots 33% from 3-9 ft, and 42% from 10-15 ft. 

Kevin Durant has 25% of his offense around the rim. From 3-9 ft, he shoots 45%. From 10-15 ft, he shoots 29%.

So what the hell are you talking about? LBJ finishes around the rim BETTER than Kobe and Durant, and he shoots midrange jumpers BETTER than Kobe and Durant. 

And he's more efficient in the post than other perimeter players including Melo and Kobe BY FAR, ESPN had a stat on this earlier. And he's still learning that part of the game. In 2-3 years, you'll see him more and more in the post as his athleticism declines bit by bit as he hits 30 yo. But the fact that he's honing his midrange game, his 3pt shot tells you his game will age fine. He'll still be a top 5 player when he's 34-35yo simply b/c he's so skilled. 

If you actually watch Heat games, I wouldn't need to bring up these damn stats for ya. It's obvious. There's a reason he's widely regarded as the best ALL-AROUND player in the league, and that's usually reserved for the most skilled player.
This is the same as what happened with your ex bf t-mac. Lebron is a better athlete and taller than Kobe so no one can really contest his shot or affect it from any spot on the floor. Same as prime t-mac. As soon as his vert+speed decreases
dudes start looking like 40 year old jordan. Jordan was still deadly from mid range at 40 except that he had zero hops and speed to get those shots off.

50 year old Jordan is more skilled than Lebron RIGHT NOW but has zero athleticism to compete. This is why Lebron keeps getting sonned by random dudes in the street in a game of HORSE.

Lebron is not the most skilled player and never will be.

@nyc buc - you're fighting a lost cause. Some ppl just refuse to see the other side of the coin and there's nothing you can do about it. Just let them wallow in their false beliefs.

roll.gif

This is the same as what happened with your ex bf t-mac. Lebron is a better athlete and taller than Kobe so no one can really contest his shot or affect it from any spot on the floor. Same as prime t-mac. As soon as his vert+speed decreases
dudes start looking like 40 year old jordan. Jordan was still deadly from mid range at 40 except that he had zero hops and speed to get those shots off.

50 year old Jordan is more skilled than Lebron RIGHT NOW but has zero athleticism to compete. This is why Lebron keeps getting sonned by random dudes in the street in a game of HORSE.

To say Lebron is more skilled in the post is more of a joke than anything I have ever read, he STILL looks uncomfortable with his back to the basket. Even Wade is a better post player than Lebron with his back to the basket....and post FG % can also include put backs or just attacking the basket.
Lebron is a PG in a freak's body, how many less attempts does Lebron even have over a Kobe (past his prime for several years already) since Kobe is asked to do more from a scoring stand point? Bron is a guy asked to run his offense more and picks/chooses his scoring opportunities during the flow of the game, more of a floor general.

thank god someone actually looked at actual statistics......bron is a monster who deserves to be mvp. He does need to win a championship..... but i look at it like this there are less than 10 nba teams that have one nba championships since like 1979 and like 3 of them have only one on and it was recently.....so in my eyes he is doing exceptionally welll considering.... but that being said go win a ring bron

roll.gif

Do u read what you are saying? Josh Smith is a better athlete and taller and can he shoot? He shoots 38% from 3-9 ft, and 31% from 10-15 ft. 
And FYI, my boy tmac was just as poor of a jumpshooter/inefficient as kobe right now. Usually mid 30s from 3-15 ft. But he was a player who took bad shots, like Kobe. But it's also a SKILL to know what's a good shot and how to be efficient, some Jordan knew. He took the same shots as these guys and Jordan would routinely shot 50%. Lebron isn't anywhere close to Jordan. 

C'mon man, stop embarrassing yourself. 

This is the problem I do watch the game so these stats mean nothing to me.... The guy Clearly takes advantage of his ability to get to the rim at will. He shoots a high percentage because he takes fewer shots in that area as opposed to a kobe or durant who do a large amount of their work in the midrange.

But leave it to the guy who says Lebron is def gonna be top 2-3 ever to use some advance statistics to try and validate his point

Here's a little statistic of my own... Nobody in the Great convo has averaged 20+ for their career and NEVER score over 25 points in a finals game....... except mr top 3 ever
laugh.gif
Sure, if you refute the stats, then it's nothing to you. RAW stats may be misleading. But those stats I gave you from hoop data describes a trend on how a player plays (types of shots a player shoots...). And that's gathered over a year. But if you actually look over a 2-3 year span, you can see lebron's midrange game improve rapidly from 2010 to 2012. He was a mid-to high 30% shooter from the midrange, to now a mid-to-high 40%. The improvement is real.
The reason people still have this notion that he's not a great jumpshooter, which he IS, is b/c he's still so athletic. He uses EVERY facet of his game.

I guess people think Melo is more skilled than Lebron offensively then
roll.gif
It is what it is. 

Originally Posted by atlballa15

In fact, I'd venture to say that an in-shape Carmelo Anthony has a better first step than LeBron (although LeBron is clearly much faster and is a much more explosive leaper, esp. off of one foot).
laugh.gif
Hell man, an out of shape Carmelo has a better 1st step than Lebron.

An in shape Carmelo has a better 1st step than the vast majority of SF's

You nitwits like to jump and down and say 'wait till his athleticism goes'
My question: If he's such this physical freak, doesn't common sense tell you that his world class athleticism is going to stay around for a little while longer than most? I mean yall have been saying this *%!% for 5 years and here we are. 

That's exactly what I was going to say. I don't anticipate Lebron's athleticism to severely declining for awhile... and even then, he won't go from what he is now to a current T-Mac in a single season.

Hell, if he does decline that badly.. just become a full-time PF.

laugh.gif
Sure, if you refute the stats, then it's nothing to you. RAW stats may be misleading. But those stats I gave you from hoop data describes a trend on how a player plays (types of shots a player shoots...). And that's gathered over a year. But if you actually look over a 2-3 year span, you can see lebron's midrange game improve rapidly from 2010 to 2012. He was a mid-to high 30% shooter from the midrange, to now a mid-to-high 40%. The improvement is real.
The reason people still have this notion that he's not a great jumpshooter, which he IS, is b/c he's still so athletic. He uses EVERY facet of his game.

I guess people think Melo is more skilled than Lebron offensively then
roll.gif
It is what it is. 

and once again your acting as if anybosy is refuting that he has a jumpshot
laugh.gif
. We know this but when you start saying he's a better jumpshooter than Durant, Kobe, etcc because one year of stats it sounds borderline stanish.
This whole discussion started because you said he will easily be the most dominate player for the next 10 years
laugh.gif
. he's 27 with 9 years in the L all while being the main option on his teams and being played around 40 minutes a night. 

6'8 260 who barrels to the basket with force at full speed. How simple is it to admit that style of play is going to have an ill affect on him in about 5 yrs.

It has happened with two great athletes in (MJ, Kobe), guys who relied heavily on athleticism but completely changed their style of play in their latter years and were still Dominate.

So are you going to sit here and tell me thathis style of play is one that thrives in the halfcourt (midrange/ post area range) ?

Do u read what you are saying? Josh Smith is a better athlete and taller and can he shoot? He shoots 38% from 3-9 ft, and 31% from 10-15 ft. 
And FYI, my boy tmac was just as poor of a jumpshooter/inefficient as kobe right now. Usually mid 30s from 3-15 ft. But he was a player who took bad shots, like Kobe. But it's also a SKILL to know what's a good shot and how to be efficient, some Jordan knew. He took the same shots as these guys and Jordan would routinely shot 50%. Lebron isn't anywhere close to Jordan. 

C'mon man, stop embarrassing yourself. 
Lebron has some skill but dude is not close to Jordan or Kobe in terms of skill. Lebron is like 30% skill and 70% athleticism. Josh Smith is like 3% skill and 97% athleticism. We are comparing Lebron to all time greats here and
you start bringing up irrelevant scrubs.

I still feel like chris paul should have got it I mean the clippers were garbage last year now they are relevant and cp3 has a lot to do with it. KD second in voting to me then lebron maybe third or forth I like kobe more.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

That's exactly what I was going to say. I don't anticipate Lebron's athleticism to severely declining for awhile... and even then, he won't go from what he is now to a current T-Mac in a single season.

Imagine that. He could have a KG type career where his production stays high as he ages. Bron at PF when he's 36. I could see it.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Imagine that. He could have a KG type career where his production stays high as he ages. Bron at PF when he's 36. I could see it.
Lebron is too short to be an effective PF. Maybe on the defensive side but on offense dude would need a legit post up game or a great mid range shooter like KG or Malone.

Lebron is too short to be an effective PF. Maybe on the defensive side but on offense dude would need a legit post up game or a great mid range shooter like KG or Malone.
A 6'5 guy that went to Auburn with the former nickname "Round Mound of Rebound" would like to have a discussion with you.

if lebron was so good he wouldn't have been almost been kicked of the olympic team and is lucky nike saved him

Originally Posted by Swamp

if lebron was so good he wouldn't have been almost been kicked of the olympic team and is lucky nike saved him
Must mean he is the best player on the planet then.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

A 6'5 guy that went to Auburn with the former nickname "Round Mound of Rebound" would like to have a discussion with you.
Barkley  had one of the best post up games of all time and he was a great perimeter shooter as well. Lebron will never reach that type of skill. It will be like watching the current Blake Griffin in the post but with a better jumper. Maybe like Amare in his prime.

Barkley  had one of the best post up games of all time and he was a great perimeter shooter as well. Lebron will never reach that type of skill. It will be like watching the current Blake Griffin in the post but with a better jumper. Maybe like Amare in his prime.
You say that like its a bad thing
laugh.gif

I don't care with anyone says

Lebron deserved this MVP as much as Durant earned his scoring titles

His numbers were fantastic

Back
Top Bottom