Cookin' Ribs on a gas grill?

I've cooked ribs on a charcoal grill, but never a gas grill. Are they still delicious? What methods to use to make sure they taste good? Should I even try it? I would use a charcoal grill, but my apartment complex doesn't allow them. Help your boy out!

I've cooked ribs on a charcoal grill, but never a gas grill. Are they still delicious? What methods to use to make sure they taste good? Should I even try it? I would use a charcoal grill, but my apartment complex doesn't allow them. Help your boy out!

food network brah

low and slow bro, low and slow

Propane is blasphemous...

if you grill , use charcoal or wood.

That smoky smell/ flavor >

I like cooking on gas grills because you can keep a constant temperature. I've been using charcoal grills these past two summers though. Hopefully I can get a smoker grill soon and make some proper fall off the bone ribs.

Constantly flip the meat.

Gas grills are good but charcoal is always better

We have a gas grill at home, so that's why I use gas. I do prefer the taste of charcoal or mesquite wood though. I'm in for the tips

Any time frame regarding how long to let cook on each side? I need tips!! I gotta make it to the store and get the rub before the store closes!

If you want the meat to fall right off the bone, bake the ribs before grilling :smokin

Any time frame regarding how long to let cook on each side? I need tips!! I gotta make it to the store and get the rub before the store closes!

Honestly, usually....I'm lying, it's mandatory that I drink while grilling, so I usually just flip it the meat every time I remember I got meat on the pit. :lol:

I would say 5 to 7 minutes a side, mid to mid low heat. Good thing about gas grills is you can control the heat.

Wrap the ribs in foil and cook them using indirect heat.

This, I also put ice cubes in the foil the keep the ribs moist, cook 20 min per side then take out of foil and cook another 10-15 min per side keeping an eye on them making sure they don't get burnt.

Of course if you season it well and watch the heat appropriately it'll be good. Of course nowhere near as good as charcoal or wood.

:lol: speaking of Hank remember that episode his family tasted charcoal grill for the first time and went binging?

gas grills are good for steaks because of the quick sear you get... the bad thing is that it can flame up real quick if the grease goes everywhere...
no point in wrapping the ribs and putting them on the gas grill when you can just do that in the oven, there no difference if its wrapped in foil...
i would boil the ribs in some seasoning and sauce... marinate, then grill them for color and a quick char...

I grill ribs all the time on our gas grill.

Taste good to me and everyone who's had them.

Last time I grilled ribs I made my own seasoning mix. Salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, dried mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder.

No do not constantly flip the meat...... your best best honestly is to partially cook the ribs overnight in a oven very low... at around 200 for a few hours then finish on the grill to brown it..

My homeboy Hank only uses gas grills, hates charcoal.

He says that way you taste the meat, not the heat.
Yea but with gas you dont taste the meat you taste the propane!

And if you taste the heat using charcoal it means your using too much charcoal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom