Cookin' Ribs on a gas grill?

Constantly flip the meat.

Gas grills are good but charcoal is always better

No do not constantly flip the meat...... your best best honestly is to partially cook the ribs overnight in a oven very low... at around 200 for a few hours then finish on the grill to brown it..

You faking the funk then, you not BBQing.

The same effect is possible on a grill....

gas grills are good for steaks because of the quick sear you get... the bad thing is that it can flame up real quick if the grease goes everywhere...
no point in wrapping the ribs and putting them on the gas grill when you can just do that in the oven, there no difference if its wrapped in foil...
i would boil the ribs in some seasoning and sauce... marinate, then grill them for color and a quick char...
Right on! i always boil my ribs in seasoning them brush them with sauce and throw it in the oven on about 250 degrees for 15 mintues. meat fall off the bone!

Last edited:
No do not constantly flip the meat...... your best best honestly is to partially cook the ribs overnight in a oven very low... at around 200 for a few hours then finish on the grill to brown it..

This man knows...:pimp:

Do not constantly flip the meat...for ribs, follow this dudes directions ^...

If anyone needs tips on cooking steak or my fav: filet mignon....this is what I do...

Add a tiny bit of pepper or seasoning to the filet, wrap it in bacon...(do not put salt on the meat before cooking...if anything add it after its done...)

Have your grill going at high temp...let the filet get to room temp before putting it on the grill, do not throw it on right after you take it out of the fridge...

Put filet on grill, let it cook and sear one side for 5min or so...flip and do the same thing with the other side...the searing will seal in the juices if done correctly...

Never poke or cut the meat while its cooking...you should never have to flip the meat more than once...

Filet Mignon + Baked Potatoe + Mac & Cheese + Caesar Salad + Garlic Bread = a meal for a King...:pimp:

Last edited:
Wrap them in foil. With whatever rub you want. Cook them 3 hours or so indirectly at between 250-300 ambient temp. Once they are done (meat pulling back showing the bone). Turn it up and sauce them over high heat for a few minutes until it caramelizes and has a nice sticky glaze.

a lil disturbed to say the least

edit- wrong thread how the hell did this post end up here :lol:

Last edited:
Constantly flip the meat.

Gas grills are good but charcoal is always better
Any time frame regarding how long to let cook on each side? I need tips!! I gotta make it to the store and get the rub before the store closes!

Honestly, usually....I'm lying, it's mandatory that I drink while grilling, so I usually just flip it the meat every time I remember I got meat on the pit. :lol:

I would say 5 to 7 minutes a side, mid to mid low heat. Good thing about gas grills is you can control the heat.

:smokin hilarious but true

Y'all make this **** sound easy to do... But many practices to make them turn out decent is needed

We aren't talking BBQ. We are talking essentially baking on a grill. Running a smoker for 12 hours is a hell of a lot harder. You're right. That takes practice and a day of your time.

Anyone should be able to make good ribs on a gas grill. Not everyone can smoke them on my smoker though :pimp:

Last edited:
Keeping this thread in mind for some tips when summer time gets here. I grilled ribs for the 1st time last summer and they turned out pretty good. I wanna try different ways this year tho

This man knows...:pimp:

Do not constantly flip the meat...for ribs, follow this dudes directions ^...

If anyone needs tips on cooking steak or my fav: filet mignon....this is what I do...

Add a tiny bit of pepper or seasoning to the filet, wrap it in bacon...(do not put salt on the meat before cooking...if anything add it after its done...)

Have your grill going at high temp...let the filet get to room temp before putting it on the grill, do not throw it on right after you take it out of the fridge...

Put filet on grill, let it cook and sear one side for 5min or so...flip and do the same thing with the other side...the searing will seal in the juices if done correctly...

Never poke or cut the meat while its cooking...you should never have to flip the meat more than once...

Filet Mignon + Baked Potatoe + Mac & Cheese + Caesar Salad + Garlic Bread = a meal for a King...:pimp:

This except get a thick rib eye is my cut of choice....

Man, I want get a smoker and learn how to smoke some ribs and brisket. 

We aren't talking BBQ. We are talking essentially baking on a grill. Running a smoker for 12 hours is a hell of a lot harder. You're right. That takes practice and a day of your time.

Anyone should be able to make good ribs on a gas grill. Not everyone can smoke them on my smoker though :pimp:
true... thats why i got a traeger... gonna get a green mountain soon

Traegers look nice... They have them at Costco too. Now I just use a side smoker barrel grill type at home. At work I electric smokers though. You can't get bark on your meat but I simply don't have the time.

Last edited:
traegers are like a set it and forget it... the temp stays at the setting and you cant burn anything... but i def dont feel like a pit master though :lol:

Does it compare well to smoking with wood and charcoal? I kind of want to cop one in the smaller ranger for a few racks or a pork butt type dinners and such. I don't know anyone who has one yet.

Does it compare well to smoking with wood and charcoal? I kind of want to cop one in the smaller ranger for a few racks or a pork butt type dinners and such. I don't know anyone who has one yet.
it uses wood pellets, so they have all types of flavor wood from hickory, pecan, apple, cherry or whatever... all the pellets chill in a hopper, so depending on the temp you want it will burn more or less pellets.... there is a aluminum plate thingy that you cover with foil to where the grease fall on then it all goes into a little tin bucket.. the fan circulates the smoke around so you dont have to flip your food...

Word. It just self feeds and keeps with fire where you set it as I understand.

Is the finished product as good? If I smoked a big *** brisket for 12 hours will I get a nice bark on it?

i think bark depends on what kind of seasoning you use also... i think i might have some pics of my brisket somewhere.. i get bark, a nice little red smoke ring.. 12hrs for a brisket is a long time... on a traeger it takes about 8-10

Back
Top Bottom