CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

all good jake. thanks much. hows everything. You already doing the next sneaks up San An

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

heres something most of you probably dont care to read but since its a thread where anyone can type anything i'll go on. I was at flight club LA yesterday because i was visiting some friends at supreme, so i decided to walk up there and say hello to the staff there. It was pretty busy in there. Lots of traffic. And there were some real nice shoes at surprisingly good prices. Now i say surprisingly not as anything against flight club. Remember they dont tell you what to sell your shoes for...but they do take 20%. So for everyone who says flight club is too expensive remember its your own fellow "sneakerheads" that are setting those prices. Anyways, like i said there were a lot of great shoes there in my opinion that were very reasonably priced. A few that i may inquire about and buy in a volume deal with a bit of a discount. But what amazed me is that out of the lets say 15 to 20 people continually in there, they were all looking at the same shoes. The same shoes that were just released. It was very odd that "die hard sneakerheads"  really show no appreciation or knowledge for shoes. I just figure if you are gonna spend large amounts of money, and sleep on sidewalks or wait hours in line for shoes, that one would really try to absord everything they could about shoes. The shoes that are worshipped and tributed today are the direct result and derivative of many shoes that preceded them.
Another subject id like to spew nonsense about is pricing at flight club. Are prices high? we all seem to think so. But i also deal with this many times a day when i get emails saying"ive been looking for this shoe for so long, no one else has it, not ebay, flight club, rif, etc etc, and i want to offer you XX.00 for it". And the offer is just low. Although offers are subjective, reality isnt. A lot of people say flight club isnt reasonable but everyone references it. Also if you never see said shoe in your size and flight club has it at said price then you need to decide "what are the chances i will see this shoe again"  Also there is something to be said for buying "guaranteed authentic" shoes from a place that isnt going to jerk you around. That seems so rampant today. I receive countless emails of people that are hesitant to buy from me because they have been robbed and fooled countless times. I just tell em "the shoe community is too small and i have waaaay to many shoes to have a single transaction that isnt perfect for the buyer". I think we all want to pay a certain p[rice for every shoe. Who doesnt. But also at some point you need to realize that the opportunities on certain shoes for you to buy get less and less as time passes. Especially on shoes rthat no one bought in the first place because they werent limited. The limited shoes everyone has and will always be for sale. But the regular shoes that people passed on because it was just that now can hold a pretty special place with many shoe enthusiasts. Like i say the uncommon/limited become common and the common become the uncommon/limited.

i don't think you could have brought up a more pertinent point corgi. the general lack of knowledge and appreciation for shoes aside from the popular jordans/sb/air max is a topic that is discussed between my friends and i regularly. you gain so much more from knowing where the shoes have come from and how they have developed, and gain a greater appreciation as a whole by knowing even a little of the history and models which preceded your favorites, whatever they may be

i think the Command Forces you had up recently are my favorite so far. keep up the good work.

all good jake. thanks much. hows everything. You already doing the next sneaks up San An
2 weeks man... 2 weeks... I am not having any spare time nowadays with all the preparation... Its down to the nitty gritty...

word to those command forces. had never seen that c/way before let alone in that pristine condition

Originally Posted by jamesyo

heres something most of you probably dont care to read but since its a thread where anyone can type anything i'll go on. I was at flight club LA yesterday because i was visiting some friends at supreme, so i decided to walk up there and say hello to the staff there. It was pretty busy in there. Lots of traffic. And there were some real nice shoes at surprisingly good prices. Now i say surprisingly not as anything against flight club. Remember they dont tell you what to sell your shoes for...but they do take 20%. So for everyone who says flight club is too expensive remember its your own fellow "sneakerheads" that are setting those prices. Anyways, like i said there were a lot of great shoes there in my opinion that were very reasonably priced. A few that i may inquire about and buy in a volume deal with a bit of a discount. But what amazed me is that out of the lets say 15 to 20 people continually in there, they were all looking at the same shoes. The same shoes that were just released. It was very odd that "die hard sneakerheads"  really show no appreciation or knowledge for shoes. I just figure if you are gonna spend large amounts of money, and sleep on sidewalks or wait hours in line for shoes, that one would really try to absord everything they could about shoes. The shoes that are worshipped and tributed today are the direct result and derivative of many shoes that preceded them.
Another subject id like to spew nonsense about is pricing at flight club. Are prices high? we all seem to think so. But i also deal with this many times a day when i get emails saying"ive been looking for this shoe for so long, no one else has it, not ebay, flight club, rif, etc etc, and i want to offer you XX.00 for it". And the offer is just low. Although offers are subjective, reality isnt. A lot of people say flight club isnt reasonable but everyone references it. Also if you never see said shoe in your size and flight club has it at said price then you need to decide "what are the chances i will see this shoe again"  Also there is something to be said for buying "guaranteed authentic" shoes from a place that isnt going to jerk you around. That seems so rampant today. I receive countless emails of people that are hesitant to buy from me because they have been robbed and fooled countless times. I just tell em "the shoe community is too small and i have waaaay to many shoes to have a single transaction that isnt perfect for the buyer". I think we all want to pay a certain p[rice for every shoe. Who doesnt. But also at some point you need to realize that the opportunities on certain shoes for you to buy get less and less as time passes. Especially on shoes rthat no one bought in the first place because they werent limited. The limited shoes everyone has and will always be for sale. But the regular shoes that people passed on because it was just that now can hold a pretty special place with many shoe enthusiasts. Like i say the uncommon/limited become common and the common become the uncommon/limited.

i don't think you could have brought up a more pertinent point corgi. the general lack of knowledge and appreciation for shoes aside from the popular jordans/sb/air max is a topic that is discussed between my friends and i regularly. you gain so much more from knowing where the shoes have come from and how they have developed, and gain a greater appreciation as a whole by knowing even a little of the history and models which preceded your favorites, whatever they may be
by all means to each their own and i think its great that people like shoes and show passion and enthusiasm, but its surprising to me that people who totally submerge themselves in shoes and say they are "sneakerheads" and"in the dshoe game" and all those silly terms really just appreciate and acknowledge and are familiar with recent shoes. Its not a matter of preferring old versus new but moreso not even knowing or appreciating that the shoe you sleep on a curb for today is a direct result of a shoe ten, 15, 20 years ago. the analagy can pertain to any hobby (which is what i think shoes are anyways) it'd be like you collect PEZ or baseball cards but are interested in 2010 releases. Yet you talk about what a huge "pez head" you are and are just so engulfed in the "pez lifestyle"!

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

2 weeks man... 2 weeks... I am not having any spare time nowadays with all the preparation... Its down to the nitty gritty...
very nice. quick question. What do you do at sneaks up san an. i never been to a sneaker show type event and am curious,.

Originally Posted by airberg

i think the Command Forces you had up recently are my favorite so far. keep up the good work.

i was surprised the command forces were in that condition. i call em pristine. Sometimes the shoes hold , sometimes they dont. I never do anything special to store the shoes. I truly dont think keeping them in ziplock bags does much because then theres no air so the shoe will just dry out and crumble. Or acid free paper or silica packs, etc etc. One thing i do know is that at some point they always turn bad. So wear em or sell em before they do. But point being command forces are a pretty cool shoe and even better when after 20+ years they still look brand new

vegetaray123 sorry for not getting back to your post. i did see a great running write up. what happend?

Originally Posted by mitysneakrjunky

Man 2000 pairs...shoot me an email at [email protected] cause I am looking for any jordans in size 11.5 or 12. Looking for 2, 3, 4 white cement or black cement, any 5, and 6's.
i really dont contact people to ask what shoes they want to be honest. And unfortunately i dont have any organization or inventory and just try to update as often as possible so if you ever see anything that you'd like to inquire about please feel free to email. thanks again.

very nice. quick question. What do you do at sneaks up san an. i never been to a sneaker show type event and am curious,.
Check out some insane displays, mingle around, listen to some awesome music spun by some of the best DJs in SA, drink, party, eat at a taco truck, get raffle giveaways, etc...

Oh ya man, it was this passed Sunday and it was very successful...
Maybe 800 or a 1000 people came through...
We definitely had the most fun we have ever had as well as had the best displays...
Some AMFAM came in as well...
It was great...
Pics will be up soon...

We definitely had the most fun we have ever had as well as had the best displays...
It was great...
Pics will be up soon...

by all means to each their own and i think its great that people like shoes and show passion and enthusiasm, but its surprising to me that people who totally submerge themselves in shoes and say they are "sneakerheads" and"in the dshoe game" and all those silly terms really just appreciate and acknowledge and are familiar with recent shoes. Its not a matter of preferring old versus new but moreso not even knowing or appreciating that the shoe you sleep on a curb for today is a direct result of a shoe ten, 15, 20 years ago. the analagy can pertain to any hobby (which is what i think shoes are anyways) it'd be like you collect PEZ or baseball cards but are interested in 2010 releases. Yet you talk about what a huge "pez head" you are and are just so engulfed in the "pez lifestyle"!

This is exactly how I feel. I found out about NT in 2000 and first joined in '01/'02 . I'm 23 but I've always had a thing for shoes since I could remember. Reebok Blacktops, LA Gears, British Knights, Larry Johnson and Spreewell Converse, the early 90s David Robinson Air Force line and Jordan 6s were what turned me into a shoe enthusiast. I didn't even start as a shoe collector, I was just getting shoes for basketball and pe.  I still have over 500 pairs of shoes but the last pair I bought to collect was 3 years ago when the Aqua 8s or Grape 5s dropped, whichever came out second.

Now I feel like the sneaker culture is moving in an entirely different direction. I still respect it, but I'm not as interested in new releases, packages, collabs and other gimmicks that Nike/JB keeps doing. Also, the quality of the shoes is terrible across the board. The Lebron, Kobe, Air Max and Free lines are still pretty good, but that's about it. The shoe that actually made me question sneaker culture was the DMP Pack. Initially I was excited to get mine like everyone else, but when I opened the box and saw the XIs, I was kinda disappointed. JB used inferior materials and the construction of the shoe was second tier. Honestly, 2006 for me was the last great year of Nike releases. I'm still looking for a few OG and G1 Retro Nikes/Jordans to complete my collection because most of the new stuff isnt for me. I'm not a sneaker guru or anything, but I still respect the seasoned collectors and enthusiasts on here who spread knowledge and showed love to the sneaker community online and at events.

It was great...
Pics will be up soon...
sweet. glad the event was a success because i know you guys (and girls) put a lot of work into it. Thats a large turnout. Good to see lots of shoe enthusiasm in san antonio and the surrounding areas. You starting on next years already!? Let me know when the pics are up on your blog/NT
and for the skillion $ question....what shoes did you wear? and did anyone switch shoes and wear multiple pairs like a bride at a wedding does with dresses.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

This is exactly how I feel. I found out about NT in 2000 and first joined in '01/'02 . I'm 23 but I've always had a thing for shoes since I could remember. Reebok Blacktops, LA Gears, British Knights, Larry Johnson and Spreewell Converse, the early 90s David Robinson Air Force line and Jordan 6s were what turned me into a shoe enthusiast. I didn't even start as a shoe collector, I was just getting shoes for basketball and pe.  I still have over 500 pairs of shoes but the last pair I bought to collect was 3 years ago when the Aqua 8s or Grape 5s dropped, whichever came out second.

Now I feel like the sneaker culture is moving in an entirely different direction. I still respect it, but I'm not as interested in new releases, packages, collabs and other gimmicks that Nike/JB keeps doing. Also, the quality of the shoes is terrible across the board. The Lebron, Kobe, Air Max and Free lines are still pretty good, but that's about it. The shoe that actually made me question sneaker culture was the DMP Pack. Initially I was excited to get mine like everyone else, but when I opened the box and saw the XIs, I was kinda disappointed. JB used inferior materials and the construction of the shoe was second tier. Honestly, 2006 for me was the last great year of Nike releases. I'm still looking for a few OG and G1 Retro Nikes/Jordans to complete my collection because most of the new stuff isnt for me. I'm not a sneaker guru or anything, but I still respect the seasoned collectors and enthusiasts on here who spread knowledge and showed love to the sneaker community online and at events

appreciate the contribution and thoughts. its nice that your young but still appreciate more than the swoosh and acknowledge it like Reebok, LA GEAR, British Knights, Converse, etc. Remember that as much as these brands followed nike in design and campaign, nike did the same and like all brands is inspired by what other competing brands are doing.
Sneaker culture has changed. Brands have gone different directions. But the brands dont put out what thety put out because no one is buying it. The companies cater to the buyer. The buyer sets the market. Now i will say that often a company through advertising, word of mouth, message boards, and its retail stores can easily dictate what is to be bought if the consumer is "just along for the ride" . And i definitely see that today. I saw it in 2003. I saw it in 1995. And i was a product of it in 1985 and 87. But i reference 85 and 87 as a time when the shoe companies, specifically converse and nike wanted the consumer just to be a part of their brand. Now the shoe brands wants the consumer's intererst and preferences to accept and sway in a certain direction and become involved in the details of the shoe (where its sold, how many are made, how they can create a "limited" label with it). a very large majority of buyers dont want a regular shoe. In fact we all want to feel like a shoe is limited and special. So the brands just saturate the market with "limited product. Anyone else find that strange. How a market can be flooded with ultra limited shoes that can be found and bought so many ways and places?
As far as qulaity issues. Yes the quality has decreased year after year. But lets face it the quality was never that great to begin with. I always beleive the quality standard was intended to make a comfortable shoe that lasted about 4 to 6 months until in your mind you are ready for a new pair and it just so happens the shoes have worn their course likewise.
As far as sneaker gurus aka the "sneaker gods"...they all have an agenda. Whether they are hyping something to resell it or get a few shoes flowed from a brand and now ballwash constantly. SHAMWOW...or they are an online site/forum that gets advertitsing dollars and free product from the brands so that certainly can change opinion. So the people and places that shape the general opinion and trends for shoes have a very strong agenda. I do in a way. I pimp my shoe blog in this thread. I also am fortunate to do very well with the brands. But i also will always and have always spoke my mind on how i feel. I see the biggest trend as people complaining about the current sneaker market then dumping countless dollars into it. Or even on this message board, when a sneak peak comes up for a shoe and even says pass initialy or is critical of it. but if the right person on the message boards approves the shoe then all of a sudden its a winner. Case in point. The XIs that are coming out tomorrow. Theres no jumpman. So all of a sudden everyone is a "purist" and says they wont get it. Sure they wont.
anyways man i appreciate your thoughts and honesty and as usual i just turned it into a rant and tangent of my own!

hey corgi.....how did you get the blog started, I know I have been saying I would eventually buy something from you and I still will (tuned air's to be exact), but I think I am going to try and do what you are doing. I have around 500 pairs, no time to wear them all, and more important things that need tending to (house, dog, soon to be wife, and a new car)....I was just wondering how you got the word out about your blog? any info would be great....

It was great...
Pics will be up soon...
sweet. glad the event was a success because i know you guys (and girls) put a lot of work into it. Thats a large turnout. Good to see lots of shoe enthusiasm in san antonio and the surrounding areas. You starting on next years already!? Let me know when the pics are up on your blog/NT
and for the skillion $ question....what shoes did you wear? and did anyone switch shoes and wear multiple pairs like a bride at a wedding does with dresses.
To answer the skillion $ Q - I was the most understated of everyone I think, I just wore my 03 retro neon 95s...
Some people were twisted when I didnt come in wearing some kinda of crazy "heat" but I figured what the hell, can't go wrong with neon 95s...

As for someone changing during the show, not to drop him in the grease but I think Fred (T21D) changed at some point... The god father can do that though...

Back
Top Bottom