CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

anyone feel to expand or comment on what i just said feel free to do so. whether u agree or think im completely off base and a hypocrite. its all the same!

just put up a few new jordans to showcase. I never liked the 11. I wouldnt even put it in my top 10 jordans. Actually i couldnt even name 10 jordans that i like. The best stuff coming out now is all the team stuff like the flight 45 and even the sixty plus.

stoppin by to way what up! Great stuff as always on the blog....nice size 13 Bursts.

hope all is well your way Corgi!

you're right about the "fair market value."

nobody puts up open auctions anymore.......everyone wants to say a pair of Ueno's is worth $1,500, but you put a pair on e-bay with no reserve, no shill bidding, no bs, and they go for $700. Every shoe is worth different amounts to different people, but that's about the only way to find actual market value. Shoes sit around all day with inflated BIN prices................why people attach that price to a shoe when it's obviously not selling at that price is beyond me.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

stoppin by to way what up! Great stuff as always on the blog....nice size 13 Bursts.

hope all is well your way Corgi!

you're right about the "fair market value."

nobody puts up open auctions anymore.......everyone wants to say a pair of Ueno's is worth $1,500, but you put a pair on e-bay with no reserve, no shill bidding, no bs, and they go for $700. Every shoe is worth different amounts to different people, but that's about the only way to find actual market value. Shoes sit around all day with inflated BIN prices................why people attach that price to a shoe when it's obviously not selling at that price is beyond me.
andrew couldnt have said it better. Fair value isnt ebay buy it now or consignment stores. Pricing is very subjective. Im sure some of you have bought shoes that others think is too much and i know you have all sold shoes that you marvel at the price you received. Its about dialogue and communication. Trying to find a price where both the buyer and seller are happy. What is funny to me is seldom do you see an auction run like u described above. Why? because the seller knows he's not gonna get the value he thinks the shoe is worth. Why? because he himself would never pay that price for a shoe. But for some reason the seller is still adament that the shoe is worth that amount. Trust me whenyou all sell yoru shoes you will see that the value you think you have will be cut by atleast 25 to 40% and oftren more.

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by daaznfella

can't lie, but how the hell do you just have a pair of UENO's sitting in your collection? i mean yea you forget about kicks...but uenos'????....!!!!

hope the season is good to you bro

someone owed me a favor and gave them to me a while back. I wasnt around when they were released and had never heard of them. But he said they were worth a good amount and he's right. Problem is shoes worth a lot really arent wiorth that much because theres few buyers for the shoes. Everyone wants them but somehow the prices are so inflated that no one buys because who wants to spend 1,000 on a pair of shoes. Yet prices keep going up. You guys create this artificial price market that doesnt exist. Everyone wants to sell an ueno as $100 to $1500 but no one wants to pay more than $500. So like i have said and told many of you. If you ever want to see what your shoes are worth, be honest and ask yourself how much you would buy them for and thats an indication of what they are really worth and not rthe inflated prices you all set in your mind. Luckily, i have a lot of shoes that are seldom sold especially in the sizes so im pretty much the only game in town so it truly balances things out.
Hope all is well with you. The seaon is very well. Blog is going well. Thanks for the comments and support

I agree 100%.....people make these prices up.....really not enough pairs to legitimize a "fair market value"....people base their prices off of flighclub or ebay like its a Beckett monthly (or the boot leg tuff stuff, lol)....

Take the infrared 90's that released in 05 for example, they collected dust on shelves around here and most people had them priced at 150-200, until that one day when some very special person posted them on ebay for $350 and sold them to a foreign (british I think) buyer...then everyone priced their pairs at $350 since, and now we get retro's every year....same for neon 95's....tiff's....almost all SB's for that matter....

If I cant buy a shoe for retail (unless I want it more than I want to pay my mortgage) then the shoe will remain out of my collection until I find it for a reasonable price.....I am not knocking the people who are trying to inflate the prices (I have and do, do it)....but you wont catch me paying $2000 for Entourage AF1's or $3000 for Playstations......or $1000 for yeezys......in corgi's case he has shoes that have been sitting around for a substantial amount of time (some shoes more than others) so I justify the mark up, but people who pay $900 for tiffs that originally cost $65 I think is stupid.....

cliff notes:  secondary shoe market is BS, no basis for value or cost......

to take this conversation a step further, I'm not so sure seller's on ebay aren't totally pimping this whole concept right now. when the burgandy parra AM's dropped a couple weeks ago, the first pair I saw on ebay was an auction and it went sky high ($900+ I think), then a bunch of pairs popped up with BIN for $700-1000. then pairs really started selling for those prices. people were convinced that that would be the going rate. my suspicion is that the first "auction" that went for +$900 was just a shill bid situation organized by the seller to convince ebayers that somebody else was willing to pay that price for the shoes, and the beasts followed suit. the black and the purple tier zero pattas didn't go for those prices or receive nearly as much hype and are just as limited (and much better quality/colorway in many peoples' opinion). thoughts?

^^^I agree.......just as corgi stated, if you actually put a no reserve auction up starting at $1 you will find out what your shoe is worth.....but people have these grandiose ideas of 300% or even 400% returns on certain shoes......you see it a lot more often with certain sellers, they put a pair up twice, one BIN auction with a high price and a standard with a reserve, they shill the standard to boost the price, and they sell to which ever auction would net them the most money.....if ebay took down the "item is no longer in stock" reason for ending auctions it would be a better place.....

jake, daryl was always wearin nike, supreme, bape, becks own brand, etc etc. and nike definitely noticed and like that with the gj blazer, head auto AF1, and just flowing the beand with lots of product. Nowadays he's wearinn italian leathers.

Brazils in '05... and Supreme and Bape in '03...

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by daaznfella

can't lie, but how the hell do you just have a pair of UENO's sitting in your collection? i mean yea you forget about kicks...but uenos'????....!!!!

hope the season is good to you bro

someone owed me a favor and gave them to me a while back. I wasnt around when they were released and had never heard of them. But he said they were worth a good amount and he's right. Problem is shoes worth a lot really arent wiorth that much because theres few buyers for the shoes. Everyone wants them but somehow the prices are so inflated that no one buys because who wants to spend 1,000 on a pair of shoes. Yet prices keep going up. You guys create this artificial price market that doesnt exist. Everyone wants to sell an ueno as $100 to $1500 but no one wants to pay more than $500. So like i have said and told many of you. If you ever want to see what your shoes are worth, be honest and ask yourself how much you would buy them for and thats an indication of what they are really worth and not rthe inflated prices you all set in your mind. Luckily, i have a lot of shoes that are seldom sold especially in the sizes so im pretty much the only game in town so it truly balances things out.
Hope all is well with you. The seaon is very well. Blog is going well. Thanks for the comments and support

I agree 100%.....people make these prices up.....really not enough pairs to legitimize a "fair market value"....people base their prices off of flighclub or ebay like its a Beckett monthly (or the boot leg tuff stuff, lol)....

Take the infrared 90's that released in 05 for example, they collected dust on shelves around here and most people had them priced at 150-200, until that one day when some very special person posted them on ebay for $350 and sold them to a foreign (british I think) buyer...then everyone priced their pairs at $350 since, and now we get retro's every year....same for neon 95's....tiff's....almost all SB's for that matter....

If I cant buy a shoe for retail (unless I want it more than I want to pay my mortgage) then the shoe will remain out of my collection until I find it for a reasonable price.....I am not knocking the people who are trying to inflate the prices (I have and do, do it)....but you wont catch me paying $2000 for Entourage AF1's or $3000 for Playstations......or $1000 for yeezys......in corgi's case he has shoes that have been sitting around for a substantial amount of time (some shoes more than others) so I justify the mark up, but people who pay $900 for tiffs that originally cost $65 I think is stupid.....

cliff notes:  secondary shoe market is BS, no basis for value or cost......
i always want to say its like BECKET but then id be a huger geek than i already am for liking shoes so much!! Heres the thing. No one is paying $2000 for entourages and $3000 for playstations...the yeezys , well sadly i beleive it because sheep are sheep. And nike loves sheep. SB first series were $65. tiffs were i think $85 msrp but i can personally tell you from the pair i have of that travesty of a shoe is that NO ONE IS PAYING OVER $600 if that. What messed things up was In Style Shoes and his 3000% mark up and Japan pricing at its peak. Then the consignment sites came and it just made everything priced too high. Its artificial man. Im telling you. Thats why i dont list prices because no one would buy anything with the references that i could use which are message boards, eGAY BUY IT NOW, DJ AM auctions, eGAY auctions, consignment stores, etc etc. Its just a false sense of value. And the reason is that so many resellers need to over inflate their shoes to compensate for the price they paid. Or most people selling dont want to sell as shoe except for an inflated price. So they list it too high. Now on the flip side it helps me because it put a very high ceiling on shoes so i can come in under that everytime and be cool with it

Originally Posted by denverairforce

to take this conversation a step further, I'm not so sure seller's on ebay aren't totally pimping this whole concept right now. when the burgandy parra AM's dropped a couple weeks ago, the first pair I saw on ebay was an auction and it went sky high ($900+ I think), then a bunch of pairs popped up with BIN for $700-1000. then pairs really started selling for those prices. people were convinced that that would be the going rate. my suspicion is that the first "auction" that went for +$900 was just a shill bid situation organized by the seller to convince ebayers that somebody else was willing to pay that price for the shoes, and the beasts followed suit. the black and the purple tier zero pattas didn't go for those prices or receive nearly as much hype and are just as limited (and much better quality/colorway in many peoples' opinion). thoughts?
your pretty much spot on. Look at the coraline prices. Same thing. Fake auctions. Super inflated buyitnows. I know for a fact thats what was going on. Those patta burgundys were supposed to be a north american releaser. Not even tier zero. I still think they will be released to most north american boutiques just like the other pattas.  

Great stuff recently Corgi, absolutely awesome. I keep waiting to try to pick up some of your pairs, I know it will happen at some point. Good convo about prices and demand of shoes. I try to remove myself as much as I can from what things are going for and just focus on the what I feel is fair and would want to pay. It makes me miss out on shoes at times, but later when I am removed from the situation I find that I'm pretty glad I didn't drop x amount of dollars on the shoe

Originally Posted by DublBagn

^^^I agree.......just as corgi stated, if you actually put a no reserve auction up starting at $1 you will find out what your shoe is worth.....but people have these grandiose ideas of 300% or even 400% returns on certain shoes......you see it a lot more often with certain sellers, they put a pair up twice, one BIN auction with a high price and a standard with a reserve, they shill the standard to boost the price, and they sell to which ever auction would net them the most money.....if ebay took down the "item is no longer in stock" reason for ending auctions it would be a better place.....
i just think it comes down to the fact people dont really want to sell the shoes. They will sell them for an outrageous price. And i think also a lot of people list shoes just so others can say "wow look at the "heat" you sell". Just take a pic and do a post on a message board instead. And for some reason there is just a set value for many pairs of shoes. Who know s how thats the case. Or what its based on but i dont think its based on what the buyers are offering. Its more so what culture vultures like steve from i.s.s/sole collector have deemed the value. Or resellers trying to validate the time and hours standing and sleeping on a sidewalk for a shoe they dont even like. And mostly people having a shoe "just to have it". And because they dont want it they might as well try and sell it for an insane price to validate why they bought the shoe. eGAY is a joke from their poloices to the sellers and buyers. Im glad i have nothing to do with eGAY or a consignment store for that matter and just do it my way.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Great stuff recently Corgi, absolutely awesome. I keep waiting to try to pick up some of your pairs, I know it will happen at some point. Good convo about prices and demand of shoes. I try to remove myself as much as I can from what things are going for and just focus on the what I feel is fair and would want to pay. It makes me miss out on shoes at times, but later when I am removed from the situation I find that I'm pretty glad I didn't drop x amount of dollars on the shoe
dmxfury...great shoe by the way. Appreciate the support. Patience is the key. But it is tough to isolate yourself from quantity and price and such factors.. its only natural to be concerned and pay attention to such factors. BUT if you take it for what it is and like you say "focus on what I feel is fair and would want to pay" you'll be ace. Always be patience and you will find your price on the shoe you want. But on the opposite end you have to be realistic about the price you are looking for. Your not going to get an original pair fo air jordans for $50 rom a shoe seller.

anyone have anything good to say.
yeah. as a supervisor i often find myself frustrated and most times i blame myself for not giving clear and implicit directions but there are days when i just wanna punch a #$+@%@$ in the face. so yesterday this chick tells me "kevin, the only one that won't let you down or disappoint you is your dog - that's why we love them". wise words right there. 
even better is that imma be dogsitting my mom's dog for the next 2 weeks and my workplace lets me keep the dog with me at work. 

4iyct1.jpg

2qbdv61.jpg

"kevin, the only one that won't let you down or disappoint you is your dog - that's why we love them". wise words right there. 
stuntman mike----not only is that a good thing to say but you are spot on.
And dogs at the workplace are awesome. Enjoy the time

i am truly amazed and wish i was speechless and never seen such things as the videos people make about their shoes, shoe collections, and those who have continual shoe videos on youtube and other outlets. WOW. thats as bad as how for some reason being a shoe geek has evolved into being a shoe gangster. Dude, you buy and sell shoes. You're not a killer. You're not a hustler. You're a shoe geek. Why have things come to this???

been going through the archives on your blog corgi. you have sold some truly amazing pairs and i'm devastated at missing a few due to low cash at the time
frown.gif
hopefully some things pop up for me in the near future

Originally Posted by jamesyo

been going through the archives on your blog corgi. you have sold some truly amazing pairs and i'm devastated at missing a few due to low cash at the time
frown.gif
hopefully some things pop up for me in the near future

appreciate you checking the archives man. youd be amazed that people dont ever go to the categories where they can search by size and specific style. Then they will email and say they didnt know so and so shoe was up on the blog. Hopefully i have doubles or triples of teh shoes you like but basically the collection still is untapped. So lots more to showcase.

heres something most of you probably dont care to read but since its a thread where anyone can type anything i'll go on. I was at flight club LA yesterday because i was visiting some friends at supreme, so i decided to walk up there and say hello to the staff there. It was pretty busy in there. Lots of traffic. And there were some real nice shoes at surprisingly good prices. Now i say surprisingly not as anything against flight club. Remember they dont tell you what to sell your shoes for...but they do take 20%. So for everyone who says flight club is too expensive remember its your own fellow "sneakerheads" that are setting those prices. Anyways, like i said there were a lot of great shoes there in my opinion that were very reasonably priced. A few that i may inquire about and buy in a volume deal with a bit of a discount. But what amazed me is that out of the lets say 15 to 20 people continually in there, they were all looking at the same shoes. The same shoes that were just released. It was very odd that "die hard sneakerheads"  really show no appreciation or knowledge for shoes. I just figure if you are gonna spend large amounts of money, and sleep on sidewalks or wait hours in line for shoes, that one would really try to absord everything they could about shoes. The shoes that are worshipped and tributed today are the direct result and derivative of many shoes that preceded them.
Another subject id like to spew nonsense about is pricing at flight club. Are prices high? we all seem to think so. But i also deal with this many times a day when i get emails saying"ive been looking for this shoe for so long, no one else has it, not ebay, flight club, rif, etc etc, and i want to offer you XX.00 for it". And the offer is just low. Although offers are subjective, reality isnt. A lot of people say flight club isnt reasonable but everyone references it. Also if you never see said shoe in your size and flight club has it at said price then you need to decide "what are the chances i will see this shoe again"  Also there is something to be said for buying "guaranteed authentic" shoes from a place that isnt going to jerk you around. That seems so rampant today. I receive countless emails of people that are hesitant to buy from me because they have been robbed and fooled countless times. I just tell em "the shoe community is too small and i have waaaay to many shoes to have a single transaction that isnt perfect for the buyer". I think we all want to pay a certain p[rice for every shoe. Who doesnt. But also at some point you need to realize that the opportunities on certain shoes for you to buy get less and less as time passes. Especially on shoes rthat no one bought in the first place because they werent limited. The limited shoes everyone has and will always be for sale. But the regular shoes that people passed on because it was just that now can hold a pretty special place with many shoe enthusiasts. Like i say the uncommon/limited become common and the common become the uncommon/limited.

Back
Top Bottom