Could sentient beings evolve if...

Depends on their environment.

But if you just mean through thought and coming to an understanding of a couple fundamental things and realization after realization it depends on the sentient being's natural aptitudes, intelligence, and comprehension skills.

Depends on their environment.

But if you just mean through thought and coming to an understanding of a couple fundamental things and realization after realization it depends on the sentient being's natural aptitudes, intelligence, and comprehension skills.

Huh? Thanks for the replies but only 3?
30t6p3b.gif

staple-thinking-new-era-cap-1.jpg
*flipped to the back*

hmmmm...if these beings life cycles were only 20 hrs., i can't see why they wouldn't be able to mentally evolve.  now, unless they were engineered/manipulated to the point where they were only able to feel, and not learn, i could understand why their mental evolutionary growth would become stifled or nonexistent. 

staple-thinking-new-era-cap-1.jpg
*flipped to the back*

hmmmm...if these beings life cycles were only 20 hrs., i can't see why they wouldn't be able to mentally evolve.  now, unless they were engineered/manipulated to the point where they were only able to feel, and not learn, i could understand why their mental evolutionary growth would become stifled or nonexistent. 

If you knew you had only a 20 hour lifespan you'd be too depressed for evolution.

If you knew you had only a 20 hour lifespan you'd be too depressed for evolution.

i don't think they won't have feelings, but i believe that they do whatever they're purpose be like reproduce.

i don't think they won't have feelings, but i believe that they do whatever they're purpose be like reproduce.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

roll.gif
Don't burst a blood vessel thinking, Philosoraptor

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

roll.gif
Don't burst a blood vessel thinking, Philosoraptor

Any being that has a 20-hour life span basically exists to reproduce. To measure mental evolution you'd have to prove there are hierarchies, orders, cognitive abilities, etc.

In other words, I don't think mayflies will be taking over anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom