Could This Happen To Shoe Stores That Sell Shoes Early??

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

First of all, Nike already has their money, so they don't care about some random mom &pop selling shoes for more than retail. Second, the S in MSRP stands for SUGGESTED, so technically a place can charge what they want. It's just really bad business practice to mark them up more though. if it's some super limited release then sure, but anything else is just dumb.
It's not the markup they care about.  It's the timing of the release.  If they allowed retail stores to sell them whenever they received them it would give an unfair advantage to those stores.  It's the same thing with Apple distributors.  Top tier companies tend to keep a pretty tight leash on their partners because it's in the company's best interest to keep the supply chain tight and build the hype to a single release date to maximize word of mouth advertising.

nike does care about street dated product...... not price mark ups...... nike has a division at corp that handles stuff like stores that release stuff early, stores that sell fakes, etc....... remember back in 03-04 footlocker lost its RETRO contract..... it only received new jays and new nikes.... it hurt footlocker.... everybody was shopping at Dr.Jays and mom n pops........... i had 2 cop my olympic 7s at sum spot in harlem..... so as far as snitching on the store, they probably wouldn't take u serious and kick u out the store...... then nike would send them a warning after seeing the proof and then do a investigation too see if there still doing it..... but sum spots dont have a nike account and buy there shoes in bulk off shops that do have an account..... so nike couldn't say anything to them...

nike does care about street dated product...... not price mark ups...... nike has a division at corp that handles stuff like stores that release stuff early, stores that sell fakes, etc....... remember back in 03-04 footlocker lost its RETRO contract..... it only received new jays and new nikes.... it hurt footlocker.... everybody was shopping at Dr.Jays and mom n pops........... i had 2 cop my olympic 7s at sum spot in harlem..... so as far as snitching on the store, they probably wouldn't take u serious and kick u out the store...... then nike would send them a warning after seeing the proof and then do a investigation too see if there still doing it..... but sum spots dont have a nike account and buy there shoes in bulk off shops that do have an account..... so nike couldn't say anything to them...

Originally Posted by crcballer55

First of all, Nike already has their money, so they don't care about some random mom &pop selling shoes for more than retail. Second, the S in MSRP stands for SUGGESTED, so technically a place can charge what they want. It's just really bad business practice to mark them up more though. if it's some super limited release then sure, but anything else is just dumb.
It's not the markup they care about.  It's the timing of the release.  If they allowed retail stores to sell them whenever they received them it would give an unfair advantage to those stores.  It's the same thing with Apple distributors.  Top tier companies tend to keep a pretty tight leash on their partners because it's in the company's best interest to keep the supply chain tight and build the hype to a single release date to maximize word of mouth advertising.
this 
btw i snitched on stores before only because of a heavy mark up or for telling me one price on the phone and they talking a out the way trip and telling me alot more once i am there in the shop 

and now this shop dont sell before hand on major releases and they still screw the customers 

this aint the streets this is a store talking advantage of people in the streets in a urban hood that 98% of there customers hustle 

Originally Posted by crcballer55

this 
btw i snitched on stores before only because of a heavy mark up or for telling me one price on the phone and they talking a out the way trip and telling me alot more once i am there in the shop 

and now this shop dont sell before hand on major releases and they still screw the customers 

this aint the streets this is a store talking advantage of people in the streets in a urban hood that 98% of there customers hustle 

Originally Posted by HOHLegend

that seems like the most realistic scenario to me,  although it would be funny if someone was able to bully em into gettin them to sell a pair for retail with that tactic.

that seems like the most realistic scenario to me,  although it would be funny if someone was able to bully em into gettin them to sell a pair for retail with that tactic.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

believe me it does not work 

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

believe me it does not work 

Back
Top Bottom