Court performance question....kobe iv or zoom mvp?

Kobe loyalists will tell you the lunar in the Kobe's is nothing to fear, but the HD disaster speaks volumes about this crappy tech to me...

Zoom MVP has been solid for me thus far - I've played 2 2-hour games, and they've been great! However, the lack of heel Zoom is noticeable, especiallywhen compared to my other personal favs that include the 2K4, 2k5, BB1, and AJ XII... forefoot Zoom is tight, and te traction has been pretty solid (getsbetter with each wear).

I've only tried on my friends Kobe 4, which is a 1/2 sie smaller than mine.

I prefer the MVP, so my vote goes with Steve Nash's shoe over Kobe's.

Originally Posted by clkru

Kobe loyalists will tell you the lunar in the Kobe's is nothing to fear, but the HD disaster speaks volumes about this crappy tech to me...

Zoom MVP has been solid for me thus far - I've played 2 2-hour games, and they've been great! However, the lack of heel Zoom is noticeable, especially when compared to my other personal favs that include the 2K4, 2k5, BB1, and AJ XII... forefoot Zoom is tight, and te traction has been pretty solid (gets better with each wear).

I've only tried on my friends Kobe 4, which is a 1/2 sie smaller than mine.

I prefer the MVP, so my vote goes with Steve Nash's shoe over Kobe's.
how bad is the heel (like degree of noticeably i guess im asking)? do ur knees or legs hurt/swore more than usual after wears? thx

"how bad is the heel (like degree of noticeably i guess im asking)? do ur knees or legs hurt/swore more than usual after wears? thx"

Not bad at all, actually. But due to old age (I'll be a wopping 26 in a few months!) and an appreciation for my knee and ankle ligaments, I've mainlyrelegated my game to jump shooting and on-floor defense (I rarely go for ball fakes or shot black attempts). Oh, and I'm a 6'2", 178lbs wing...

So my perspective is from a catch and shoot/2-3 dribbles and pull up jumper/moderately tight, non-airborne D/running (not walking or sprinting) up and down thecourt perspective. I'm not flying through the air for lay-ups, blocking shots, chasing loose balls, or doing anything to really warrent needing morecushioning in the heel. I should also mention that I wear ASO ankle braces, and they work well with the MVP.

I guess if I had to rate the MVP's heel on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7-8. It isn't Zoom or Air, but the Zoom up front beats out the Kobe'spacking popcorn-like, certain-to-crumble lunarcrap. Court feel is great, and overall underfoot cushioning is good.

Back
Top Bottom