Cowboys Release Pacman Jones - CBS interview vid on pg 8

Some real interesting news being reporter on BSPN right now about the timing of this firing.

lol I remember Dallas fans thought he was the best thing ever earlier in the year when they picked him up......dude never proved anything and is a certifiedbum

He needed to have one full season where the focus was solely on his play on the field and not his off-the-field issues. He couldn't do that and nowhe's in for a long journey.

How many times do I have to say the same things?

For his entire career, dudes on here have said things like this:
He's a bum anyway.

Good riddance: wack coverage & pr.

laugh.gif
Bum.

did he even do anything significant this year??

bum
Keep looking at the "INT" column on his statistics page and not watching games. You're only making yourself look foolish.

He wasn't as good this season, but he still played solid for the most part, especially considering the circumstances. It became very clear a few weeks intothe season that our defensive schemes weren't fit for the players we had in the secondary.

Saying he's a "wack returner" is even more ridiculous.

Pac's off-field troubles are the least of the team's problems. Cutting him does nothing other than make an example out of him, as allen said. Keep buying into the fact that the entire team faltered because Pac enjoys a pair of plastic **** in his face every nowand then, or because of T.O.'s impending blowup that never came.

He's better than Anthony Henry. He's better than Mike Jenkins. He's better than Orlando Scandrick. When Terence Newman gets hurt, he's the bestplayer in the secondary. This move hurts the team, not benefits it.

i would have liked to seen him get another year. Dude was our second best corner. i havent bought into Scandrick, and i dont trust Jenkins, Henry is slow andcant cover. Somebody had to be the scapegoat, so i guess you go with the easiest target. Bad move Jerry

Been calling for it since he got in trouble during the season... Happy it's done, whether people feel like he's being made an example of or not... Hemight not have been the problem, but he was a problem.

Clean up the locker room, one way or another... Cutting this scumbag seems as good a place to start as any...
Don't go half way..If you do this, just fire Wade, get rid of T.O. as well..
I wouldn't be surprised if he let a lot of these other jobs fill up and see if someone takes Jason Garrett as their HC so he doesn't haveto pay out his contract...

And I also wouldn't be surprised if Jerry is sitting back in his office and waiting for the Super Bowl... Waiting to make his annual "Get the Cowboysin the media" move at some point over the next few weeks, during the playoffs, to get people talking about the Dallas Cowboys...

Guys like Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren aren't taking one of these crappy jobs that are open right now, and since those are exactly the guysJerry is gonna go get, it's not like he needs to be in a rush to get this type of thing done...

Wade Phillips is next. Bum's son is a good dude, but he's not the right coach for this team.

As for Adam Jones. Sad. I hope he stays out of trouble. He has some talent, but dude is wasting it.

Did Ed Werder break this story?

PacMan had a slow start, but he started playing better towards the end of the season.

just heard it might have had to do something with a incident that happened in Tennessee. they said it may have been violent so take it for what its worth iguess

Originally Posted by jmause3

just heard it might have had to do something with a incident that happened in Tennessee. they said it may have been violent so take it for what its worth i guess

HUH?

good move for dallas, i can't stand the cowboys but pacman is one of those guys who just won't get it, regardless of how many chances he's given.

while i despise the cowboys, wearing that star on your helmet has some meaning to it and pacman didn't and won't understand that. i know me or anyoneelse on here don't have the talents pacman does but if you screw up time and time again, eventually your not going to continue to get chances. i'mpretty sure his dumb play against philly sealed the deal on his fate.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

just heard it might have had to do something with a incident that happened in Tennessee. they said it may have been violent so take it for what its worth i guess

HUH?

it was something stu said on espn when they did that 30 minute break. i dont know how much truth is to it, i was just throwing out something i saw whilewatching the Duke game

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

HUH?

it was something stu said on espn when they did that 30 minute break. i dont know how much truth is to it, i was just throwing out something i saw while watching the Duke game
Was it an incident that happened when he was with the Titans, or is it something new?

I mean, it is a bit curious to release a player less than one week after the season ended, right?

Pacman out as 2007 shooting surfaces

IRVING, Texas -- Troubled cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was released Wednesday by the Dallas Cowboys following a season in which he was suspendedsix games for an off-field fight.

The transaction will not become official until Feb. 9, the first day NFL teams can make waiver requests.

Jones's release came after "Outside the Lines" reporter John Barr contacted the NFL, the Cowboys and Jones' attorneys about a piece scheduledto air Sunday in which three Atlanta-area men allege that Jones arranged for someone to shoot at them two months after the football player was suspended by NFLcommissioner Roger Goodell in 2007.

The June 2007 shooting occurred outside a suburban Atlanta strip club. One of the shooting victims told "Outside the Lines" that he had a disputewith Jones inside the strip club and that not long after he and the two others left the club, a hail of bullets struck their car. The NFL knew about thatincident, but charges were never brought against anyone because the victims did not see the shooter.

"Outside the Lines" obtained information that police, investigating a separate Atlanta-area case, had been told by an informant that Jones orderedthe June 2007 shooting following his dispute with one of the men. Police have said while the case remains open they are not actively investigating.

The Cowboys traded for Jones before the season even though he had been suspended in 2007 because of a series of off-field incidents.

"He was surprised, and I think he was obviously somewhat hurt," said Worrick Robinson, Jones' agent. "At the same time, he understands thebusiness behind what is happening here."

He missed six games this season for violating the league's player conduct policy after an Oct. 7 scuffle with a team bodyguard at a Dallas hotel. He misseda seventh game with an injury.

Jones averaged just 4.6 yards per punt return and had no interceptions.

Robinson said he did not think Jones' suspension was a factor in the Cowboys' decision to release the cornerback.

"We don't have any reason to believe at this point that that off-the-field incident had anything to do with the team's decision today,"Robinson said. "I know there was certainly a lot of bad that came out of that situation, but there was some good that came out of that situation aswell."

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How many times do I have to say the same things?

For his entire career, dudes on here have said things like this:
He's a bum anyway.
Good riddance: wack coverage & pr.

laugh.gif
Bum.

did he even do anything significant this year??

bum
Keep looking at the "INT" column on his statistics page and not watching games. You're only making yourself look foolish.

He wasn't as good this season, but he still played solid for the most part, especially considering the circumstances. It became very clear a few weeks into the season that our defensive schemes weren't fit for the players we had in the secondary.

Saying he's a "wack returner" is even more ridiculous.

Pac's off-field troubles are the least of the team's problems. Cutting him does nothing other than make an example out of him, as allen said. Keep buying into the fact that the entire team faltered because Pac enjoys a pair of plastic **** in his face every now and then, or because of T.O.'s impending blowup that never came.

He's better than Anthony Henry. He's better than Mike Jenkins. He's better than Orlando Scandrick. When Terence Newman gets hurt, he's the best player in the secondary. This move hurts the team, not benefits it.

Yeah he might have been second most "talented" defensive back on the Cowboys but he couldnt keep his nose clean. At least the other guys you candepend on them.

Back
Top Bottom