Cowboys Release Pacman Jones - CBS interview vid on pg 8

Is there some type of double jeopardy in the NFL that would absolve Pac from any disciplinary action stemming from these new developments?

I agree that Pac was the 2nd best corner but sometimes addition by subtraction is a good thing. The thing I'm not getting is how cats acting like thiswasn't reported when it happened? I thought this had already been established when this actually happened. Guess anything to feed to people that alreadydislike dude already.

I don't get it...

ESPN made note that the police didn't provide new information...but they "found" information that the NFL apparently missed in its investigation.That doesn't add up to me. And why is ESPN doing criminal investigations now?

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I agree that Pac was the 2nd best corner but sometimes addition by subtraction is a good thing. The thing I'm not getting is how cats acting like this wasn't reported when it happened? I thought this had already been established when this actually happened. Guess anything to feed to people that already dislike dude already.
The article said that the shooter could not be established when the incident happened. But in an unrelated investigation, and informant claimedJones essentially put a hit on the three men who were shot at.

He will not win any lawsuit unless ESPN fabricated the story. And they do not do that, no matter what many of you believe. You don't put press credentialson the line to make up some story about the Cowboys.

Was watching Mike & Mike this morning and they were saying part of Ed Werder's report was that T.O. may be next...take that for what it's worththough.

LOL at "lawsuit" against ESPN.

ESPN has this section now that is trying to be like HBO's Real Sports. They have investigators, they spend months working on stories behind the scenes, andthey have talent for this that have nothing to do with anything else concerning ESPN (i.e. reporting on games, being an anchor, etc). It's a whole separatedivision and they got some serious journalists. And these dudes are going to be on the money 99% of the time....because unlike Sportscenter or"reporter" stories they don't have to rush anything to the air or have deadlines. They can spend months getting things right and investigatingand making their show credible.

This is just another notch you can add to Adam Jones' belt, and once again I will look forward to the latest new incident in a couple weeks I'm sure.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

LOL at "lawsuit" against ESPN.

ESPN has this section now that is trying to be like HBO's Real Sports. They have investigators, they spend months working on stories behind the scenes, and they have talent for this that have nothing to do with anything else concerning ESPN (i.e. reporting on games, being an anchor, etc). It's a whole separate division and they got some serious journalists. And these dudes are going to be on the money 99% of the time....because unlike Sportscenter or "reporter" stories they don't have to rush anything to the air or have deadlines. They can spend months getting things right and investigating and making their show credible.

This is just another notch you can add to Adam Jones' belt, and once again I will look forward to the latest new incident in a couple weeks I'm sure.
Exactly....remember when they pulled the card out on Miguel Tejada?

laugh.gif
@ Pacman "trying" to sue ESPN...good luck with that, felon.

i dont get it, this happen 2 years ago the police looked into it, now ESPN found out about it months ago so now took it to the public?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i dont get it, this happen 2 years ago the police looked into it, now ESPN found out about it months ago so now took it to the public?
You're the second Cowboys fan to post the same thing.

The article said that the shooter could not be established when the incident happened. But in an unrelated investigation, and informant claimed Jones essentially put a hit on the three men who were shot at.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Was watching Mike & Mike this morning and they were saying part of Ed Werder's report was that T.O. may be next...take that for what it's worth though.

if TO gets released then Jerry has officially lost it. It would be a move to clean house and not make the team better. But lets be real there is no way Dallasgoes into the new stadium without TO.

I think it's pretty clear the locker room was severely divided at the end of the season... And whether some of you want to admit it or not, Adam Jones andTerrell Owens were major players in that division...

I don't want to see T.O. gone, because I don't think the advantages of him leaving outweight his impact on games... But in some ways, I do feel like itwould be good for Tony Romo to have that whining baby out of the locker room so he can focus on throwing the ball to open receivers and not keeping TerrellOwens happy... I think Terrell Owens, as much as I think that whole story was a bit fabricated, is a divisive force in the locker room. He's polarizing tofans, and I'd bet he's the same way in the locker room. That's just his personality...

If Jerry and the crew think getting rid of him would do more good for this team from an addition by subtraction standpoint, I'm fine with him being cut...

Like I said, clean up the locker room... If you find the "anonymous source" that was feeding Ed Werder information, cut him too... Don't care whoit is...

I think it's pretty clear the locker room was severely divided at the end of the season... And whether some of you want to admit it or not, Adam Jones andTerrell Owens were major players in that division...

I don't want to see T.O. gone, because I don't think the advantages of him leaving outweight his impact on games... But in some ways, I do feel like itwould be good for Tony Romo to have that whining baby out of the locker room so he can focus on throwing the ball to open receivers and not keeping TerrellOwens happy... I think Terrell Owens, as much as I think that whole story was a bit fabricated, is a divisive force in the locker room. He's polarizing tofans, and I'd bet he's the same way in the locker room. That's just his personality...

If Jerry and the crew think getting rid of him would do more good for this team from an addition by subtraction standpoint, I'm fine with him being cut...

Like I said, clean up the locker room... If you find the "anonymous source" that was feeding Ed Werder information, cut him too... Don't care whoit is...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

how did pacman "divided" the locker room? cause i never heard that one before
This is clearly one of those "your past reputation outweighs your present" type of situations. Because Pac is a troubled dudes...itgives dudes open lanes to come out and easily blame him for #[email protected] when there's no real connection there.

This whole ESPN thing is confusing as hell to me. How did the NFL NOT know about the whole "informant" deal?

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I don't get it...

ESPN made note that the police didn't provide new information...but they "found" information that the NFL apparently missed in its investigation. That doesn't add up to me. And why is ESPN doing criminal investigations now?

Its called Investigative Journalism.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I don't get it...

ESPN made note that the police didn't provide new information...but they "found" information that the NFL apparently missed in its investigation. That doesn't add up to me. And why is ESPN doing criminal investigations now?

Right. Who's going to find something first: an ESPN journalist who probably got a tip to go looking in that direction OR NFL security whichhas plenty of other things to look after?

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I don't get it...

I know what it is...I'm just saying I find it hard to believe that the NFL and Jerry Jones had no idea of it prior to his reinstatement.

Right. Who's going to find something first: an ESPN journalist who probably got a tip to go looking in that direction OR NFL security which has plenty of other things to look after?
I'm saying...it's still official police business. I just don't understand how something new in the case is introduced...but the NFLand the Dallas Cowboys don't have a CLUE about it. I'm not buying the "plenty of other things to do" excuse.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by Proshares

Was watching Mike & Mike this morning and they were saying part of Ed Werder's report was that T.O. may be next...take that for what it's worth though.

if TO gets released then Jerry has officially lost it. It would be a move to clean house and not make the team better. But lets be real there is no way Dallas goes into the new stadium without TO.

Well what was said was basically what Nowitness said...they're going over their roster looking at players who are not worth the trouble that theybring...T.O.'s name was just brought up in the midst of the conversation and they both went on to say that Dallas could put Roy as #1...but hey this is allwhat I heard this morning...I'm split on the T.O. situation.

Back
Top Bottom