cracks on cracks on cracks vol Blackberry!

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

iPhone 4 does not lack in messaging ....IMO
Texting on an iPhone >>> BBM

Naw b. Texting on a Blackberry keyboard > any touchscreen. I love the Blackberry keyboard, I bet money I could out type anyone with a touchscreen keyboard. 
laugh.gif

i can blind text on an iPhone4 B.. come at me. 

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Will have to see it in person to even fathom the idea of thinking about considering buying it. My 9700 requires a battery pull almost every hour after I had updated it's OS when it asked me to.
i hate the bb now. i cant even browse the internet like i did before the update because the browser crashes if the site is too large.

Anyone considering a BlackBerry OS 7 device should know they'll never be able to upgrade to BlackBerry's next major OS, which will be on the QNX platform. They're reportedly coming out with a QNX device in early 2012, but you know how RIM is with release dates.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Just very frustrating to see a company like RIM release these new devices and try to sell them has ground breaking when really, in comparison to Apple and Android they are light years behind.

Using the Torch now and will continue to use until the iPhone 5 and the new Bold comes out. At that point and time it could be a 'game time' decision whether I leave BB for good.

I'm with you on the game-time decision, but how is Blackberry light-years behind Apple and Android other than apps?

Blackberry to me is simpler and easier to work with.Ill use an ipod touch to play games and jam music.I prefer bbm since i can text my international homies

Using a Bold 9000.. the only thing I like about it is the keyboard and wifi (I use opera mini as well). I guess doing business on the phone is easy too. I hate how everything takes forever to load, even after I did a full reset on the device. Also, the limited app space.. and weak apps. Can't wait til the iPhone 5 releases next month, I'll be making the switch.

Windows mobile 5 > blackberry

Sike Naw but I'm always excited when a mobile platform revamps itself

9780 is perfect for me. Only thing I could see myself wanting on it is 4G and a front facing camera for video-chat. I prefer the design of the 9780 to that of the new Bold posted.

Went from android to bb for a month then copped another android. Joint was so slow and the browser was worthless. I wanted to off myslef.

There's still no major improvement with OS7. Usually when software makes a big number jump, it should signify progress. All they did was redesign icons and make it more "touch friendly." 
Can't wait to dump my CrapBerry 9700 for the new iPhone. 
pimp.gif

Sad to say but Rim is gona take an EL aquí
eyes.gif
Took them too long to produce a phone to compete with the likes of an EVO4g or iphone 3Gs/4. Even losing in the tablet game and they had one of the best tabs IMO, the playbook was no joke. But the long wait since last Christmas had people thinking it was a fluke so they did the ipad or Galaxy tab thing. The new iphone most likely will have that iMessage client or whatever, people won't need BBM anymore. This is coming from a Blackberry user, well at least as my secondary device
ohwell.gif
, android FTW

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I am an OG BB user and I don't believe that BB can be justified any longer. That 9900 is looking VERY good but there is no way, no way, no way that I am going to be in the store and choose it over a Droid Bionic (in the near future) or an EVO 3D (sprint). Hell, I wouldn't even choose it over any high powered android phone or Iphone.

No flash support on these new phones (reported). They are just barely getting 720P recording (1080p on phones is out now). And then the App support is buns.

When I had a BB up until last year my argument was

"I don't like touchscreens"

"I don't need my phone to do that" (yeah but you don't need it,....................until you need it)

"I don't wanna play games on my phone"

"I need BBM"
roll.gif

"I don't need apps like that. I just wanna browse the internet on occasion"

"Waiting on BB6, it is gonna change the game"

And then I copped an EVO 4g to try it out and could not believe what I had been missing out on. And for the same price too?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This phone has absolutely changed the way I use cell phones.

This

I know there is a lot that BB do wrong, but personally I love the phones they have made, particularly the Bold's.

Yes the android, apple and whatever phones give you more useless stuff and fancy touch screens (I sound like a grumpy old man)

My criteria for a phone is -

Battery life
Signal strength
Ease of use

And all the BB's I have had tick those boxes. Would I like all those little apps sure, do I need them on my phone no.

I will upgrade to that new Bold when it comes out.

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

There's still no major improvement with OS7. Usually when software makes a big number jump, it should signify progress. All they did was redesign icons and make it more "touch friendly." 
Can't wait to dump my CrapBerry 9700 for the new iPhone. 
pimp.gif

Coming from someone running OS5, OS7 is a big difference.  From what I've read about iOS5, the only major differences than BB OS7 is the wireless sync, some shortcuts, twitter integration, newspaper subscriptions, and a browser reader.  Of course, you get their apps as well vs bb's apps, or lack thereof.  Maybe someone can shed some light on if it'll stream from their cloud
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

I know there is a lot that BB do wrong, but personally I love the phones they have made, particularly the Bold's.

Yes the android, apple and whatever phones give you more useless stuff and fancy touch screens (I sound like a grumpy old man)

My criteria for a phone is -

Battery life
Signal strength
Ease of use

And all the BB's I have had tick those boxes. Would I like all those little apps sure, do I need them on my phone no.

I will upgrade to that new Bold when it comes out.

There are plenty of apps that you will use which will elevate your experience. Trust me, you sound exactly how I did. But if you want a BB then do your thing

Back
Top Bottom