Crown Royal Maple. Yes it deserves its own thread.

I heard this was good. How much does a bottle of this go for? Im a wine drinker but looking for something different.

This **** is awful. I'm not a fan of Crown Royal in general (I think it's too sweet and lacks any modicum of bite). This stuff tastes like breakfast. It's what you'd drink if you owned a Vermont Bed and Breakfast. Mix this stuff with Eggnog and you'd have a drink that tastes like a IHOP breakfast.

Never had it but had the reg CR and its
sick.gif

just bought a bottle. if you like maple syrup, youre gonna love it. if you dont then you may find it a little too sweet

try it with coke. its delicious!

Joint is like NWO.....

JUST

TOO

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

View media item 165380

I think like most liqours.....you pay for the marketing, the fancy bottle or in this case the Crown Royal pouch.

All these new flavors of whiskeys/rums/vodkas are getting extreme. Vanilla and Black everything.

Regular Crown is decent. Haven't tried the Crown Reserve or XR though.

View media item 165379
It's exactly what you'd imagine, crown royal with a hint of maple syrup taste. Got it for 17 bucks on base. Is it just me or does crown royal black taste exactly like the og crown?

I want to try this but at the same time I don't. Because Jack is becoming too syrupy for me, don't know how much I like it.

Someone recommended this to me but said its a night and day difference when you use vanilla coke instead of regular coke.

try it with coke. its delicious!

Someone recommended this to me but said its a night and day difference when you use vanilla coke instead of regular coke.

I'm going to tread lightly here for fear of coming off as a whiskey\bourbon snob and\or alcoholic. Why are you people mixing blended whiskey (or any bourbons or whiskeys for that matter)? I don't understand. Not only does it ruin the flavor of the alcohol that you, in the case of Crown Royal, just spent entirely too much for, it also makes your mixer of choice just taste flat. Why spend money on something that you will inevitably ruin with sugary mixers? Crown is (too) smooth; why the need to kill it? It's already a blended for ****'s sake! If you aren't really enjoying the liquor for what it is, why not just buy a cheap rail or well liquor?

Also, when you mix your alcohol with sodas you are more prone to headaches and hangovers. I think you are approaching your alcohol consumption from the wrong angle. Enjoy it for what it is. Enjoy what you are supposed to be tasting, not what you can make it by ******g it over with soda. I'm guessing you all aren't frumpy secretaries splitting a MaNgO MaDnEsS Appletini with Saundra from accounts receivable at a TGIFriday's for Becky's 45th birthday (her first birthday since her husband left her for a slightly younger fatty). I'm not telling anyone to 'man up' or what have you. Not my style. I'm just saying you guys are not only wasting your money, but you are also not enjoying the craftsmanship that went into making your tipple.

If you have to mix it to enjoy it, you are drinking the wrong thing. Mixers are the paper bag you have to use to stomach screwing the girl with a hot body and ugly face.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with people who say it taste good. Crown maple tast like straight syrup. Way too sweet for me

I'm going to tread lightly here for fear of coming off as a whiskey\bourbon snob and\or alcoholic. Why are you people mixing blended whiskey (or any bourbons or whiskeys for that matter)? I don't understand. Not only does it ruin the flavor of the alcohol that you, in the case of Crown Royal, just spent entirely too much for, it also makes your mixer of choice just taste flat. Why spend money on something that you will inevitably ruin with sugary mixers? Crown is (too) smooth; why the need to kill it? It's already a blended for ****'s sake! If you aren't really enjoying the liquor for what it is, why not just buy a cheap rail or well liquor?
Also, when you mix your alcohol with sodas you are more prone to headaches and hangovers. I think you are approaching your alcohol consumption from the wrong angle. Enjoy it for what it is. Enjoy what you are supposed to be tasting, not what you can make it by ******g it over with soda. I'm guessing you all aren't frumpy secretaries splitting a MaNgO MaDnEsS Appletini with Saundra from accounts receivable at a TGIFriday's for Becky's 45th birthday (her first birthday since her husband left her for a slightly younger fatty). I'm not telling anyone to 'man up' or what have you. Not my style. I'm just saying you guys are not only wasting your money, but you are also not enjoying the craftsmanship that went into making your tipple.
If you have to mix it to enjoy it, you are drinking the wrong thing. Mixers are the paper bag you have to use to stomach screwing the girl with a hot body and ugly face.

Ha.....I agree to the max.

My mom worked part time in the restaurant business and would always tell me this growing up about foods/alcohol.

I'm no alcohol elitist, but if you are going to mix and over saturate your expensive Whiskey/Vodka/Cognac with a sugary mixer......you might as well get bottom shelf liqour.

Top shelf alcohol doesn't need to be diluted and watered down with mixers. You are defeating the purpose of spending more on quality liqour. The taste is what you are paying for and you are throwing it away.

I'll pour some and dip a cigar in it.

regular crown is horrible but this...it's not bad.

mixed mine with a bottled starbucks vanilla frapp

I had it and it was pretty good actually, :shrugs:

I like regular Crown too

It's okay, I like Honey jack better, however few weeks ago I killed everything but an eight of the 750 ML with OJ. Let's just say I don't recall that night past 1AM :tongue:

Ha.....I agree to the max.
My mom worked part time in the restaurant business and would always tell me this growing up about foods/alcohol.
I'm no alcohol elitist, but if you are going to mix and over saturate your expensive Whiskey/Vodka/Cognac with a sugary mixer......you might as well get bottom shelf liqour.
Top shelf alcohol doesn't need to be diluted and watered down with mixers. You are defeating the purpose of spending more on quality liqour. The taste is what you are paying for and you are throwing it away.
I'll pour some and dip a cigar in it.

in my case, and i'm sure a lot others, i hate drinking alcohol straight up...and bottom shelf liquor is even worse going down...i prefer it mixed...

Crown Maple is alright. I prefer XR. Smoothest out of all the Crown line. Always have at least two bottles of it at my crib and plenty at my folks liquor stores.

ive never heard anyone describe crown as smooth before. adding coke to crown is doing a disservice to coke. go irish if youre gonna do whiskey. #whiskeysnob

Back
Top Bottom