Crown Royal Maple. Yes it deserves its own thread.

Evan Williams 1738(Not Regular E.W.) with Pepsi is probably the best whiskey I've ever taste and I have tried alot of them. At 13-14.00 dollars a bottle it is light years better than Jack Daniels and Maker's. As far as Crown is concern, I never could stomach it, if you know what I mean.

in my case, and i'm sure a lot others, i hate drinking alcohol straight up...and bottom shelf liquor is even worse going down...i prefer it mixed...

I'm 28 and been drinking for 10yrs now...and im JUST now able to stomach drinking straight up. Its tough at first and you have to get used to it but now 2 Jack on the Rocks and im good for a couple hours :smokin

I've had the Crown Royal Maple, you MUST drink that straight because it is so damn sweet off jump.

Like, I don't see how ANYONE drinks vodka straight up....my gawd you must have a metal throat. I don't care if its Kettle One, Goose, Ciroc, Belve whatevs...I can't do vodka straight....mix it up like a girl i dont give an F

that camo pouch is dope!

I'm going to tread lightly here for fear of coming off as a whiskey\bourbon snob and\or alcoholic. Why are you people mixing blended whiskey (or any bourbons or whiskeys for that matter)? I don't understand. Not only does it ruin the flavor of the alcohol that you, in the case of Crown Royal, just spent entirely too much for, it also makes your mixer of choice just taste flat. Why spend money on something that you will inevitably ruin with sugary mixers? Crown is (too) smooth; why the need to kill it? It's already a blended for ****'s sake! If you aren't really enjoying the liquor for what it is, why not just buy a cheap rail or well liquor?
Also, when you mix your alcohol with sodas you are more prone to headaches and hangovers. I think you are approaching your alcohol consumption from the wrong angle. Enjoy it for what it is. Enjoy what you are supposed to be tasting, not what you can make it by ******g it over with soda. I'm guessing you all aren't frumpy secretaries splitting a MaNgO MaDnEsS Appletini with Saundra from accounts receivable at a TGIFriday's for Becky's 45th birthday (her first birthday since her husband left her for a slightly younger fatty). I'm not telling anyone to 'man up' or what have you. Not my style. I'm just saying you guys are not only wasting your money, but you are also not enjoying the craftsmanship that went into making your tipple.
If you have to mix it to enjoy it, you are drinking the wrong thing. Mixers are the paper bag you have to use to stomach screwing the girl with a hot body and ugly face.

View media item 188796

Last edited:
Copped a bottle this weekend cause of this thread. I enjoyed it. I like the brown pouch. I need to cop another one so that I can be them as socks.

I agree that higher quality liquors should be drank straight....BUT

Jack Daniels honey + a splash (literally) of Gold Peak Ice Tea = Based God's gift to earth.

I'm going to tread lightly here for fear of coming off as a whiskey\bourbon snob and\or alcoholic. Why are you people mixing blended whiskey (or any bourbons or whiskeys for that matter)? I don't understand. Not only does it ruin the flavor of the alcohol that you, in the case of Crown Royal, just spent entirely too much for, it also makes your mixer of choice just taste flat. Why spend money on something that you will inevitably ruin with sugary mixers? Crown is (too) smooth; why the need to kill it? It's already a blended for ****'s sake! If you aren't really enjoying the liquor for what it is, why not just buy a cheap rail or well liquor?

Also, when you mix your alcohol with sodas you are more prone to headaches and hangovers. I think you are approaching your alcohol consumption from the wrong angle. Enjoy it for what it is. Enjoy what you are supposed to be tasting, not what you can make it by ******g it over with soda. I'm guessing you all aren't frumpy secretaries splitting a MaNgO MaDnEsS Appletini with Saundra from accounts receivable at a TGIFriday's for Becky's 45th birthday (her first birthday since her husband left her for a slightly younger fatty). I'm not telling anyone to 'man up' or what have you. Not my style. I'm just saying you guys are not only wasting your money, but you are also not enjoying the craftsmanship that went into making your tipple.

If you have to mix it to enjoy it, you are drinking the wrong thing. Mixers are the paper bag you have to use to stomach screwing the girl with a hot body and ugly face.

bro, chill, I don't like mixing good liquor either, (not saying crown is good) but chill out. You sound really upset. Like if someone told you, your girl taste like honey nut cheerios.

bro, chill, I don't like mixing good liquor either, (not saying crown is good) but chill out. You sound really upset. Like if someone told you, your girl taste like honey nut cheerios.

You got 'upset' out of all of that? I'm upset? I was trying to save people money and trying to let them know how the bourbons, vodkas or whatever were crafted to be consumed. You should quit.

Well i had it for the first time last night......its meh.

I will not buy a bottle (had a small bottle last night just to try it out). Its the same way i feel about Jack Honey. I don't really mind the taste but it serves no purpose to me. When mixed with soda its too sweet. It is good for shots....thats about it. I can't really enjoy it straight because its just too sweet.

But i mean its by no means bad or terrible. Just mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom