CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by BigEli500

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! how in the BLUE hell did that guy to that to his shoes!? That looks amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. Please, tutorial for all of us. Also, how long does this last? Does it fade?
Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs 

I have some BEAT 11s from the DMP i need to get my hand some some sea glow..... Good weekend project... Hmmmmmmm........

i have to try dis...
quick question...ive never used sea glow...so on the 09 space jams
do u brush the sea glow over the blue part on the sole or not?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

well, carolina V's have blue tinted ice:

jordan5blackblue01.jpg

do they yellow?

i have a pair but i've only worn them a couple times so i don't know...

They don't yellow, they turn a deep dirty looking blue. Not quite green though.

Read through thiswhole post and didn't find the answer to my question, but it may be answered somewhere else.

Any way, I have a few DS pair of 11s, Foams and 16s. If I Sea Glow my DS Foams, 11s, etc., will this slow the process of the soles yellowing?

I know shoes are meant to be worn and they'll yellow eventually, but I'd like to prevent it as best as possible.

Another question I just thought of. How will the soles feel after using Sea Glow? I read they become a little slipper on slick surfaces like concrete, wood, etc. This true?

Long post, sorry!! All help appreciated in advance. Thanks.

Anyone ever try this process with a different color for the Space Jams? I have a VNDS '09 pair coming in soon that's a little dirty:

So I was wondering what color of RIT dye and sea glowing would get these back to a DS color?

EDIT: Pics didn't post.

WHITE dye anybody? Is it any different between Sea Glow with no dye at all?

I'm not interested in having light green soles trying out blue dye on piss-yellow XIs.

Originally Posted by IcySoles24

I did mines a while back...never got around to posting pics over here.

3f7362c2562a37a8e8010ee6061d2430a52d4a8b.jpg

2a71685d3be6020f2a7ed204f399a5db779f64fa.jpg

fde26635b83e5eee07906d20607f917ba04e957e.jpg

a3226845ef3b8ee400305422b6de9fbd62f9f747.jpg

Dam thats sexy! If u been wearing either of them can u post new pics? I wanna see how they hold up. I dont think I ever seen pics with the dyed soles after they been worn a lot. Anybody got some?

Originally Posted by AnimeBaller14

Is there a perfect dye color maybe shiny white/silver/gray or something to make it pure icy but with no blue tint. you know what i mean? to make it more legit. because having the soles too blue seems not that legit.

If I had some beaters id be expirementing. But anybody try other colors besides blue? Mixing a white and silver sounds right to me. Its time to defeat the system. Im done with yellow soles.

Originally Posted by nero1son

I was thinking about doing this to my oreo 6's but with a black dye to make them look like the motorport 6's soles and give them that dark tinted look has anyone done this i think it would look nice any opinions??

I had this Same Idea it think it would be
pimp.gif

Here are my Concord's that I just finished up. Sea-glowed them a few times first, then used the RIT Dye process twice. I think they turned out great.

do you guys think it would make a difference if i use the powder or the liquid version? for some reason i have the liquid version at my house...must have been left behind by the old owner when we bought the place.

make a difference?? anyone care to share some insights?

Originally Posted by airpeters01

Here are my Concord's that I just finished up. Sea-glowed them a few times first, then used the RIT Dye process twice. I think they turned out great.
^^^^
Great Job up there!  That's just the right shade that's pretty close to the OG's.  SOLID!!

Originally Posted by airpeters01

Wow.  I've used those products and I can tell you spent some time on those.  Well worth it.
smokin.gif

Those Concords are simply spectacular. Great job.
And I love how you've added little "shines" on one of the photos. You can't tell me those occurred naturally from the sun light. Or did it... ? 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom