Cypress Hills, Brooklyn - Would staying there 1 night be wise?

was looking around for a place to stay in NYC Saturday night for cheap...looking into booking a hostel at a YMCA

just not familiar with the area...the YMCA is right along the cemeteries just north of it

and i think the closest train station is maybe a half mile from the Y...just just plan on taking it to Manhattan early in the day and back to Brooklyn at night after bar hopping

lol...wow, man...
I'll give you a tour lol...childhood neighborhood (considered part of east ny)

it's alright..it's not that hood or anything like that...just don't go up to fulton street...

where you coming from?

i heard mixed things about the area...not really major crimes from what i've heard

more robberies than anything else but my wife won't be down for something too sketchy

coming from Central PA

how about getting on the J train on Fulton??

from Jamaica ave you take force tube ave, ridewood ave, and norwood ave to get to the J train at the intersection of fulton and arlington

would probably prefer to take the J train into the city since we wouldn't have to transfer to get to an area we could start our day

Not that bad from what I remember. I lived there from 1st to 6th grade. Euclid Avenue next to Blessed Sacrament Church haha. But yeah I used to walk out and about as a kid by myself all the time, no problems.

well it's only a walking distance from the Y to the Norwood train station for the J train. The reason why I suggested the bus is because it's right there in front of the Y.  Much easier for you. Depending on what part of manhattan you're going in, you might have to make a transfer anyway.
The neighborhood is alright during the day time. It's not that bad at all. It aint a warzone lol or anything like that. 

But what part of manhattan do you want to get into? There are a few ways that I can tell you right now but it really depends on what part.

Pull your skirt down b

You staying there one night, not chiling under the J train, with a wrong color bandana, gold chain out, holding an ipad with a sign that says "vulnerable tourist" on your back.

In other words you can go just about anywhere and be fine so long as you mind your business, pay attention to your surroundings, and don't look like a sucker or easy target.

have fun in ny btw

Btw, I grew up on Norwood ave and lived there for almost 20 years. From time to time I do visit there. Pm me if you ever need anything. Even if it's for one day lolSpeaking about cypress hills, Jackie Robinson is buried at that cemetry. Just a little random fact I wanted to throw out there lol

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Btw, I grew up on Norwood ave and lived there for almost 20 years. From time to time I do visit there. Pm me if you ever need anything. Even if it's for one day lolSpeaking about cypress hills, Jackie Robinson is buried at that cemetry. Just a little random fact I wanted to throw out there lol

Jackie was Jewish?

Wrong cemetery lol I'm talking about the one that's next to cypress hills train station

Not the one near highland park

(())... jus pay to stay somewhere by where ur goin scrubski... hotwire will hook u up for a benji, your wife will appreciate it

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

r.i.p in advance. brooklyn aint no joke son.

Lol you act like dude is going to pitkin avenue or brownsville. He'll be alright in these parts.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

r.i.p in advance. brooklyn aint no joke son.

Lol you act like dude is going to pitkin avenue or brownsville. He'll be alright in these parts.
nah judging from what OP wrote he would probably some how manage to end up in a body bag walking in mill basin.
stay safe OP

go to airbnb.com and search "manhattan." You can easily find an entire apartment to rent pretty much anywhere in NY for less than $120 a night. I've done it a bunch of times and have had nothing but positive experiences.

Wrong cemetery lol I'm talking about the one that's next to cypress hills train station

Isn't that one the Jewish one? The one directly on the ave? I don't venture too often over there. You know, because of the vicious gang fights that take place on the regular.

Gang fights? Lol it hasn't been like that in more than a decade.

I think the one you're talking about is the one next to lane high school. Yeah that's a Jewish cemetery.

But I'm talking about the cemetery that's directly next to cypress train station. Across from that supermarket on Jamaica ave. (where the j train makes a turn) that one is the cemetery where Jackie Robinson is buried.

Anyways that Jewish cemetery that youre talking about is much farther away from where o.p. would stay over.
There's another cemetery where alot of the WWII veterans are buried. That one is closest to the y. (between hale and Norwood ave) then if you go further down (before you pass that big intersection leading to cypress hill station), there's an old Jewish cemetery. Lol I thought you were talking about that one.

i live right by there the elderts lane stop on the j since when is cypress hills a bad place
laugh.gif

Thought about doing airbnb.com but my wife wasn't real keen on the idea...she was weirded out at the thought of kinda ceasing at a random persons apartmentI think I'd be cool if you had a good host...offering to make you a sandwich and %**@ if they're real niceMight be tough kinda short notice tooMight try my hand on priceline.com again

Btw, Los Almighty

this is the cemetery I was talking about

CEM1003_109841434632.jpg
   They changed the sign tho..

and this is Jackie Robinson's spot

Jackie+Robinson+1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom