D.L. Hughley Breaks the News Unappreciation

Aight so this is on CNN right now. And I'm sittin' here listenin' to dude play racial cards left and right. He's basically making it clear thathe's a voter that's voting based on Baracks' skin color. Not only that, it's constant references about John McCain and questioning how he canpossibly bring change being a 72 year old white man.
smh.gif
Now I'm votingObama, but IMO, this is exactly what's wrong with our society. These are things you should generally keep to yourself. I mean, if people wanna put it outthere like that, fine. But should this even have a place on CNN? I can't stand to watch bias political television. Anybody else feel what I'msayin'?

*btw, D.L. Hughley isn't funny at all.
smh.gif

EDIT: Completely off topic, can somebody post that gif of zangeif piedriving big girl. I just thought about it.
laugh.gif
Wanna right click > save as...

Yeah, I was never a big fan of D.L. Hugley's myself. Usually when comedians make talk about race it's funny. But with him...

dude I was watching this and was about to make a thread about how bad it was but now that you have already made a thread I have to agree with you, his showsucks and probably won't last long unless he works the kinks out of it.

Originally Posted by mdresident

This is a comedy right? I don't think its meant to be takin too seriously.
I guess it's supposed to be both. They actually do talk about serious topics in between. I'm not rilly payin' attention right now. Butdude made it clear enough on Larry King Live just before this came on.

His show definitely shouldn't be on CNN. I would've understood if it was on Comedy Central or HBO but CNN should just be about news straight down themiddle.

To me it's just another black comedian using the race card in an inappropriate way to get cheap laughs.

I agree it's stupid. DL Hughley is actually much smarter than the "white people do this, black people do this" one trick he always reverts to.The show is just all over the place and his jokes are predictable and childish.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

To me it's just another black comedian using the race card in an inappropriate way to get cheap laughs.
Trust me, it's not just black comedians if that's what you think. I think the whole race card to pull laughs is wack overall. But on aside note, Kings of Comedy went dry as soon as this dude hit the stage.
smh.gif

Thank god! I'm so glad someone else finally brought this up. I was disgusted as soon as I saw CNN put him on. Personally, I'm mad at CNN and not somuch at D.L. Hughley. It isn't his fault that he's not actually funny, in fact, I'm happy for him that he can make a fantastic living off of it.Backtracking a bit, I always thought that he wasn't ever on the level of the other "King's of Comedy." Back to his current show, it isridiculous and won't last for too long after the election. It's not funny nor is it informative. Is CNN really that out of touch with young people(presumably the target of this show) that it thinks it can sell some sort of pseudo unfunny-comedy news show to us? The idea of that mindset is the onlylaughable aspect of this situation.

I found this particular entry on The Kitchen Table blog (Harris-Lacewell and Pierce) to be very insightful: http://princetonprofs.blo...black-citizenship-is.html

This is odd because I generally don't find that blog to be too fair minded all of the time but, with all due respect, I find that whole department atPrinceton to be a little off center.

The show itself is awkward and kind of uncomfortable. It's a comedy show w/ real issues interwoven but it's executed poorly.

There are a lot of changes that need to be made if they want to keep this on the air.

Hughley is funny and he's a smart guy when it comes down to it, so I see why he was offered a show. Right now, however, it's not working out well forhim. I wonder how much of his actual vision is being portrayed.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

The show itslef is awkward and kind of uncomfortable. It's a comedy show w/ real issues interwoven but it's executed poorly.

there are a lot of changes that need to be made if they want to keep this on the air.

Hugley is funny and he's a smart guy when it comes down to it so I see why he was offered a show. but right now, it's not working out well for him. I wonder how much of his actual vision is being portrayed.

i agrre, im hoping he will get it together within the next three episodes or whatever

The show is kind of a blow to CNN's credibility as a news network. Not to mention Hughley regularly exploits black stereotypes on the show.

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

Aight so this is on CNN right now. And I'm sittin' here listenin' to dude play racial cards left and right. He's basically making it clear that he's a voter that's voting based on Baracks' skin color. Not only that, it's constant references about John McCain and questioning how he can possibly bring change being a 72 year old white man.
smh.gif
Now I'm voting Obama, but IMO, this is exactly what's wrong with our society. These are things you should generally keep to yourself. I mean, if people wanna put it out there like that, fine. But should this even have a place on CNN? I can't stand to watch bias political television. Anybody else feel what I'm sayin'?

smh.gif

EDIT: Completely off topic, can somebody post that gif of zangeif piedriving big girl. I just thought about it.
laugh.gif
What's wrong with him saying that since a lot of people are voting based on skin color.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

Aight so this is on CNN right now. And I'm sittin' here listenin' to dude play racial cards left and right. He's basically making it clear that he's a voter that's voting based on Baracks' skin color. Not only that, it's constant references about John McCain and questioning how he can possibly bring change being a 72 year old white man.
smh.gif
Now I'm voting Obama, but IMO, this is exactly what's wrong with our society. These are things you should generally keep to yourself. I mean, if people wanna put it out there like that, fine. But should this even have a place on CNN? I can't stand to watch bias political television. Anybody else feel what I'm sayin'?

smh.gif

laugh.gif
What's wrong with him saying that since a lot of people are voting based on skin color.
I'm saying, does it seem right that this should be put underneath a public microscope? Essentially, to me, the idea of voting just because thepigment of his skin is different is just plain dumb. But sadly it's a truth among many people. Whether it be those voting FOR him because of his color, orthose voting AGAINST him because of his color. But what bothers me is the idea that he's using indirect racism and stereotypical gestures on the show andactually tries to carry a respectable show. You can watch a bit of it and see that he does actually have educated insight. So why doesn't he establishhimself in that manner? Why doesn't he just let go of that wack comedian side of himself? I mean, maybe this is what CNN wanted. But then that'slacking self-respect IMO. But I doubt it. He has fun on that show. I'm sure he probably wanted to pitch his little comedy ting up in there. It'llprobably be gone after the election anyway.
The show is kind of a blow to CNN's credibility as a news network.

Negative. CNN is the s***.

I actually like DL's comedy and if people are gonna vote a certain way whether openly or discreetly, it might as well be addressed

People voted for Bush because they viewed him as a guy they could sit down and have a drink with

Supposedly, he doesn't even drink which is a prime example of flawed decision making

The simple fact that this election is close shows people have ZERO common sense

People would say McCain is too old to have and make decisions for a new kid yet they'd let him make the decisions for an entire country?

Even after 8 years of Bush

I knew people had no common sense when Bush got "re-elected"

Back
Top Bottom