da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

I liked the XIII's when I joined here in middle school. Joints look horrible stop it. Other than I, III, and IV, most jordans are horrid

8170039.jpg

People ball in retros? Y'all feet survive?

NBA players play in retros b, not exactly earth shattering.

these is zoom air so its not really arcane cushioning either.

It comes down to this......most of the "hyped retros" that were before the Jordan 13-14 lines, they've mostly been released already. Everything you're seeing now that is priced at $190 are the retros that only a select few people actually like OR it has some "experimental" colorway that is a hit or miss with people overall.

The "sneaker bubble" didn't burst, but the hype is beginning to slow down as hyped retros are becoming less and less available while more and more "variations" of a retro are released regularly per week (let's be real, I don't think that many people like Blk/Red Jordan 13s.....and at $190, not many people will like them at that price either).

I don't like hooping in retros, they are too bulky. I tried playing in 13's and I felt like I had bricks on my feet

It comes down to this......most of the "hyped retros" that were before the Jordan 13-14 lines, they've mostly been released already. Everything you're seeing now that is priced at $190 are the retros that only a select few people actually like OR it has some "experimental" colorway that is a hit or miss with people overall.

The "sneaker bubble" didn't burst, but the hype is beginning to slow down as hyped retros are becoming less and less available while more and more "variations" of a retro are released regularly per week (let's be real, I don't think that many people like Blk/Red Jordan 13s.....and at $190, not many people will like them at that price either).

Actually I like the blk and red XIII. I would have bought em a couple years ago........ Oh wait. I did buy them a couple years ago and they've only been worn a few times.. I dont need another pair of the same shoe.

ya want motivation to cool off da kicks a lil & hop da jewelry/whip game?

IMG_20170820_033230.jpg

casualty of warfare b.

this was 20 mins ago, i had to change to a backup pair to go to da afties.....

We all knew the "sneaker heads" would shift to whatever brand, shoe was popular. If you like the shoes, it shouldn't matter if they are sitting or not. Some cats in here seem upset that retros are sitting. The sneaker market has more options for different taste, meaning it's something for everyone. Runners will fade in a bit, then the wave will switch to another category. Rinse and repeat.

Nike marketing team is world class. They will figure out away to keep the train moving. I'm sure they forecasted this rate of return when they decided to make release cycles more frequent. Consumers buy off emotions and feelings. Businesses only moves from growth and profit. These shoes cost less than $20 bucks to make. Nike doesn't have to spend money on marketing retros(ig, blogs do it for them for probably free goods or samples as we call it in my industry) so anything over cost is straight profit for them.

The Amazon move was a power move. if all the shoe stores decide to stop carrying Jordans in store, Nike still gets all of there money anyway.

Chess moves not checkers!

I wonder if it was really just a phase for people who don't buy shoes anymore and just bought off the hype

IMG_20170820_002708.jpg
IMG_20170820_002555.jpg

red suede nap is not long compared to da new one (a plus) and da newer red is slightly brighter otherwise their identical.
it might just be the angles, but the shape on both is not the same

People ball in retros? Y'all feet survive?
I always laugh when I see people balling in retros OUTDOORS and they always claim "these are so comfortable"..... c'mon now quit playing yourself, you know your feet, ankles, and knees are in pain right now

NBA players play in retros b, not exactly earth shattering.

these is zoom air so its not really arcane cushioning either.
I can understand NBA players cause hardwood isn't that hard on your footwear or your body. But most pro athletes use custom orthotics so it's not a fair comparison. And in the case of footballers(soccer players) it is widely known the cleats they use on the pitch are not exactly the same ones you can buy in the store. I don't know if that's the same for basketball players, maybe footwear companies provide them with better quality kicks than the general population? :emoji_thinking:

I wonder if it was really just a phase for people who don't buy shoes anymore and just bought off the hype

Absolutely. I can't say EVERYONE is like that. But most who "grow out" of sneakers? Yes. For the people I know, there is no growing out of it. We were raised in this, so it's part of who we are. Sounds corny but it's true, IMO.

Like how do you outgrow things you have to put on your feet that people of all ages wear? It isn't like they're Heelys or the light up L.A. Gear joints. Outgrowing those is expected. And changing styles is also expected--I don't wear J's anymore despite still loving them. But to just say "I don't like sneakers anymore"? How Sway? Did you lose both your feet? Everyone wears sneakers of some sort, so if you "outgrow" them altogether, you were never truly entrenched in the culture to begin with, IMO.

Like all these cornball YouTube videos you see of 13 year olds doing on-feet and fit of the day vids. They're not doing it because they genuinely love the sneakers. They're doing it because that's what you do nowadays. It's a passing fad for them. And again, there's nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

There are about 3500 foot lockers.

About 700 finishlines

I thought that was interesting

superblytrife superblytrife , well said. Well said.

I'll always be fascinated and intrigued by what advances, styles, etc... lie ahead, I'll still buy sneakers because I still workout and every now and then if the court has a defibrillator and the right amount of first aid equipment I may get my old as on the court and attempt to light it up. So I'll always have a need to buy sneakers, but just not as nearly as much and with the same frequency. Plus, as we've all gotten older we've just about mastered the science of maintaining the shoes we do have so we get more out of them then we did before.

My son on the other hand......

Back
Top Bottom