Da V8 cant outrun this Vol. New cop cars

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Pigs can't drive, though.

This is a true fact.
 i saw a cop not paying attention plow over the center median and blow all 4 tires at like 40 mph.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

^ I don't doubt thats what the one they lent MT can do, but all manufacturers (American included) have been known to give shows like C&D, MT & Top-Gear slightly modded versions of their cars for more impressive results.  

Not really that farfetch considering a turbo flat 6 on a Porsche 911 Turbo S can get to 60 in 3 seconds. The GT-R is twin turbo and the 2012 manages to squeeze out 45 more hp/17 lb/tq while becoming lighter than the older gen.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by 17

Did our taxes pay for that?
Unlikely...It was probably seized from a drug dealer or tax evader

Tax dollars are definitely going to pay for its $10,000 a day maintenance though
it's a 2012 so i would think it was tax dollars

how many ppl here have actually outran a cop?

ive been pulled over more times than i can count an ive never once thought lemme gun it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

how many ppl here have actually outran a cop?

ive been pulled over more times than i can count an ive never once thought lemme gun it.

Define outran

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

I remember the episode when Clarkson drove the GTR in Japan and literally broke his neck while driving it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

I'll take the Gallardo the police in Italy use over the GT-R.
LamborghiniCopCar.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they already totaled it.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

LamborghiniCopCar.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they already totaled it.
I honestly don't know, wouldn't be surprised if it was, think they only had one or two of them.

Saw the original thread on another site. That car was worked on a by a buddy on acurazine.com and he said he couldn't give personal info but the guy who drives the GT-R said its his personal car. So before you guys start bashing the police on wasting your tax dollars, please mind your own business.

why would the guy make his personal car look like a undercover detect with lights an all?

matter fact is that legal?

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Saw the original thread on another site. That car was worked on a by a buddy on acurazine.com and he said he couldn't give personal info but the guy who drives the GT-R said its his personal car. So before you guys start bashing the police on wasting your tax dollars, please mind your own business.
U mad?

Don't police in the US always drive American. I've never seen a Japanese police car driven by a law enforcement agency in the US, could be wrong though. Highly doubt they would blow money on one GT-R.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

why would the guy make his personal car look like a undercover detect with lights an all?

matter fact is that legal?
Not legal in Cali. I got a ticket ~10 years ago when I put those blue snake eyes lights on my windshield washers. I was told it was illegal because I was imitating a cop car with the blue light it is emitting so I can't imagine a full blown flashing red and blue lights being legal but different stats have different laws so I'm not sure.

LamborghiniCopCar.jpg
those gallardos are ugly compared to the new ones

plus GTR is faster

I'll give it a few months before the pig driving it kills himself and wraps it around a tree or pole trying to chase a car or motorcycle.

Don't police in the US always drive American. I've never seen a Japanese police car driven by a law enforcement agency in the US, could be wrong though. Highly doubt they would blow money on one GT-R.

Its an undercover car. I've seen Japanese ones before. In fact there was a cop riding around here some years ago with a boosted 350Z.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Its an undercover car. I've seen Japanese ones before. In fact there was a cop riding around here some years ago with a boosted 350Z.
Yeah i can see how there are undercover units being different cars, that boosted 350z was probably confiscated and then used by the department instead of being auctioned off. Dude at the top of this page also said this GT-R is owned personally by a cop and had it outfitted to look like a cop car.

I'm talking about has a police agency in the US ever bought a fleet of Japanese cars to use as their main patrol cars. As in is there a PD out there that drive Camrys or Accords over the Crown Vics and Chargers.

Back
Top Bottom