"Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead" VOL. Da logic of a cop

jjs

A father's attempt to teach his son a lesson for taking his truck without permission ended in tragedy Monday after a local police officer shot the teenager dead.

James Comstock told the Des Moines Register he called the police on his son Tyler after the latter took the former's truck in retaliation for refusing to buy him cigarettes.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson reportedly spotted the lawn care company vehicle and pursued it onto the Iowa State University campus, where a brief standoff ensued after Tyler allegedly refused orders to turn off the engine.

McPherson eventually fired six shots into the truck, two of which struck Tyler who was later pronounced dead.

The official report claims the action was necessary in order "to stop the ongoing threat to the public and the officers."

Tyler's dad says he was unarmed at the time.

"So he didn't shut the damn truck off, so let's fire six rounds at him?" exclaimed Gary Shepley, Tyler's step-grandfather. "We're confused, and we don't understand."

James said his son had his fair share of minor troubles with the law, and was distraught over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, but was in the process of turning his life around, and was working on obtaining his GED at Des Moines Area Community College.

"He was a smart kid. He made his own computers. He was interested in IT," James told the Register.

The family's demands for answers got even louder following the revelation that a member of the Ames police department suggested twice that officers call off the chase.

"He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him," James said. ""It was over a damn pack of cigarettes."

McPherson is currently on paid leave pending the results of his department's investigation.

View media item 646193

Wait whut? :smh:

6 shots? :x

dad's fault 
mean.gif

How is this possibly the dad's fault? The ONLY fault here likes with the kid and the pig. 

I'd be terrified if I lived in Ames, knowing that blood thirsty lunatics like the Adam McPherson are out there with a badge and a gun. 

I hope McPherson is convicted of murder but we all know that won't happen. We need serious reform in this country. Patrol officers have no business being armed with lethal weapons. 

This pig pulled me over last weekend in Berkeley and had the nerve to ask me why I had my hands in the air  in plain sight out in front of me the entire time he was questioning (read:harassing) me. 

ONLY on NT is the VICTIM of motor vehicle theft at fault for an ensuing crime they had nothing to do with. 

Last edited:
Win/Win Lose/Lose Win/Lose Lose/Win , Nothing good can come out of any of this, who's really to blame?: Ex GF, Son, Dad, Cop, Timing?????? Unfortunate for the loss of life, these type of questions are becoming more and more repetitive in the US.....

Why shouldn't the dad have called the cops? 

He's supposed to let his snot nose son drive around with HIS truck that was STOLEN from him?

You can blame the father for how he raised his son but you can't blame him for responding conventionally  to his son's criminal actions. 

Then the dad shouldn't be talking all that "my son is getting his life together", "he was having a rough time because of his GF"

If that was really the case, then the dad looks like a douche for callin the cops, on akid that was trying to pull through a tough time, just because the son didn't get permission

i have to say it's a bit extreme to call the cops to teach your kid a lesson, because they have other **** to do. But 6 shots? for what?
mean.gif
i wish there was more to the story.

He's supposed to let his snot nose son drive around with HIS truck that was STOLEN from him?

You can blame the father for how he raised his son but you can't blame him for responding conventionally  to his son's criminal actions. 
Then the dad shouldn't be talking all that "my son is getting his life together", "he was having a rough time because of his GF"

If that was really the case, then the dad looks like a douche for callin the cops, on akid that was trying to pull through a tough time, just because the son didn't get permission
What the hell does that have to do with him calling the cops after his truck was stolen or pigs murdering an unarmed individual?

You're 15 though, sit and watch adults talk.

Last edited:
I don't blame the dad.  There are just week parents in America and they need help.

He felt he needed the cops, that's on him.

I blame the police.  No shots needed to be fired and the situation would've turned out ok.

not defending the officer's choice but after all these stories...

why the hell do people still refuse to do simple things when cops tell them to

To be more clear I mean that hypothetically if all parties played the would've, could've, should've game. So why shouldn't have the dad called the cops? Cuz it resulted in his sons death. Of course he didn't know how the events would unfold, but I bet he regrets it now.

Last edited:
After reading the thread title. A certain word or should I say slang use of the word "the" made me think another niketalker made this thread.

What the hell does that have to do with him calling the cops after his truck was stolen or pigs murdering an unarmed individual?

You're 15 though, sit and watch adults talk.

Because if our son is really going through a tough time, and gettin his life together, why call the cops on him? That why the dad looks foolish. Since his call help set these events into motion, he story about his son makes the phone appear unnecessary.

BTW: I'm 27. There is another member with a near identical SN. So you kill that noise B

I'd be terrified if I lived in Ames, knowing that blood thirsty lunatics like the Adam McPherson are out there with a badge and a gun. 

I hope McPherson is convicted of murder but we all know that won't happen. We need serious reform in this country. Patrol officers have no business being armed with lethal weapons. 

This pig pulled me over last weekend in Berkeley and had the nerve to ask me why I had my hands in the air  in plain sight out in front of me the entire time he was questioning (read:harassing) me. 

ONLY on NT is the VICTIM of motor vehicle theft at fault for an ensuing crime they had nothing to do with. 

this is a great post. Allow me to shime in please.

first off, in my city I'd be terrified to raise a kid do to the simple fact that cops harass so many people in the hood. I've heard damn horror stories about cops and what they do to people. My people deadass live in fear of the cops more than they do of the criminal.

And yes, the reason why I hate cops is because they have so much power and authority over the rest of the population. May I ask why? Because they have a badge and a gun? Eff that. If someone on the street is harassing or threatening me, I'm striking to make sure nothing bad happens to me. Now you're going to tell me because of this badge I would probably end up dead vs how it would go down if it were just another person. They're supposed to Protect and Serve, not once has 911 or the police done anything for me. They filed a report when someone stole my sister's car though. :smh:

I wish the government allowed us to protect ourselves. Eye for an eye. Yea the whole word will go blind, but ****, crime will go down without a doubt.

I understand what you're trying to get at but...why should someone be killed for not listening to the police in this situation? From what I understand he didn't have a weapon, and was in a "standoff" with police. He wasn't a threat to anyone...they could have talked him down and tried to end the situation peacefully. People make mistakes everyday but a person with a badge and gun shouldn't be your judge, jury and executioner

We can place blame at all parties involved but at the end of the day an unarmed kid was killed by a trigger happy police officer who felt his life was in danger...

Sad story all around...the kid is dead, the father will forever have to live with his decision, and if the justice system doesn't fail, the officer will have to pay for his actions as well

How is this possibly the dad's fault? The ONLY fault here likes with the kid and the pig. 

I understand what you're trying to get at but...why should someone be killed for not listening to the police in this situation? From what I understand he didn't have a weapon, and was in a "standoff" with police. He wasn't a threat to anyone...they could have talked him down and tried to end the situation peacefully. People make mistakes everyday but a person with a badge and gun shouldn't be your judge, jury and executioner

We can place blame at all parties involved but at the end of the day an unarmed kid was killed by a trigger happy police officer who felt his life was in danger...

Sad story all around...the kid is dead, the father will forever have to live with his decision, and if the justice system doesn't fail, the officer will have to pay for his actions as well

no truer words have been spoken.
also what the hell. I wouldn't even be mad if the father killed the cop.

Back
Top Bottom