Dallas Cowboys are the most watched Sports Team on TV

I notice how the h8ters is quick to post a topic on some BSPN rumor about an Owens implosion with Jason Witten but +$$% like this gets overlooked.

http://www.latimes.com/sp...2008dec26,0,2395843.story

DIANE PUCIN / ON SPORTS MEDIA

[h1]Dallas Cowboys are still a top draw in sports TV[/h1]

According to the numbers that come in to Nielsen Media Research, which measures what people are watching on television, the Dallas Cowboys are stillAmerica's Team.

Really.

"I'm not surprised," said Tom Ziangas, senior vice president for sport at Nielsen. "No. 1, the Cowboys are still very competitive on the field. No. 2, it's always a soap opera.

"I'm not a big Cowboys fan, but I do understand the Cowboy phenomenon. There's been the mystique of Gil Brandt, Tom Landry, now a flamboyant owner, Jerry Jones, a line of coaches who are personalities. The numbers don't lie. People love it."

For example, the Sept. 15 "Monday Night Football" game on ESPN in which Dallas beat Philadelphia, 41-37, had 18.6 million viewers, the most ever for a cable program.
The Cowboys' 20-8 victory over New York Giants on Dec. 14 was seen by 23 million, making it the most-watched game in the three years of Sunday nightfootball on NBC. The Cowboys-Green Bay Packers game Sept. 21 and the Cowboys-Washington ******** game on Nov. 16 are, so far, the second- andthird-highest-ranked Sunday night games this year.

The Dec. 20 NFL Network Saturday game (usually the NFL Network games are on Thursdays), in which the Baltimore Ravens beat the Cowboys, 33-24, drew 5.76million viewers, the highest-rated NFL Network game this season and second-highest NFL Network numbers in two years. What's No. 1? The Packers-Cowboys gamein 2007 which had 10 million viewers.

"The NFL may be the best-marketed professional sports league there is," Ziangas said, "and the Cowboys are one of the best-marketed teams thereis. It's a pretty potent combination."

So there's no use complaining when we get blanket coverage on any Terrell Owens controversy or about whom Tony Romo is dating. The Cowboys play the Eagleson Sunday. It's televised nationally on Channel 11. I don't have to tell you to tune in. You already do.

Yayyyy!

laugh.gif

Whooo cares?

Why make this thread? You already know where this is gonna go, and it'll probably take less than a page to get there...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Whooo cares?

Why make this thread? You already know where this is gonna go, and it'll probably take less than a page to get there...

*TO's voice*

"I LOVE IT!. I LOVE THE HATE. KEEP IT COMING! I LOVE IT"

I just think its so funny that the people who ++*+# and complain about Dallas being "Americas Team" are the same people who are keyed in on all oftheir games every Sunday including their non games, but games which may have something to do with the Cowboys i.e. Tampa vs Chargers
laugh.gif

I don't understand why though...I guess its because they are like the yankees
try to buy championships

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Whooo cares?

*TO's voice*

"I LOVE IT!. I LOVE THE HATE. KEEP IT COMING! I LOVE IT"

I just think its so funny that the people who ++*+# and complain about Dallas being "Americas Team" are the same people who are keyed in on all of their games every Sunday including their non games, but games which may have something to do with the Cowboys i.e. Tampa vs Chargers
laugh.gif
How many times you gonna say the same *##% over and over again ?

EDIT: renegade not to say your wrong but 82 games > 16

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't understand why though...I guess its because they are like the yankees
try to buy championships

how are they trying to buy championships???
they had romo, witten, barber, ware, newman etc since the start of their careers
not to mention that there is a cap limit....

They on all the time evrywhere. I'm trying to watch a falcons panthers game and I live in NC yet for some reason i'm stuck watching the cowboys playthe cardinals or some **%@

and you are from NYC right?

obvs they the Lakers and Yankees wont compete with the NFL

quite simple when you play 16 games

stop trying to prove you are a Cowboys fan

Ever stopped to think that football fans will watch them just because a lot of the time they are the only NFL game on?

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Most watched? ok

How about biggest flop if they don't make the playoffs
laugh.gif
I think they make the playoffs though..especially if Witten is in full effect tomorrow

They've had some key injuries this year which have really hurt them. I respect the Cowboys and their fan base and I respect their organization becausethey've made some great moves.

I hope if they play us in the 1st round in the playoffs we'll be able to take them out though
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

Whooo cares?

Summed up my thoughts perfectly.

The fact that we're the most watched sports team is irrelevant.

All that matters is winning tommorrow and doing something of significance in the playoffs.

And people aren't tuning in because of their quality of play. People are tuning in because every week ESPN has a new storyline to get people to watch "What will TO do this week" or "Will Jessica Simpson be in attendance tonight?"

Penn State has the biggest alumni football following in the country

too bad that means nothing since it's been 21 yrs since out last National Title

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Of course they're the most watched.. they're always on SNF/MNF or have the most widely broadcasted games every Sunday.

And people aren't tuning in because of their quality of play. People are tuning in because every week ESPN has a new storyline to get people to watch "What will TO do this week" or "Will Jessica Simpson be in attendance tonight?"

As a Cowboys fan... scratch that. As a FOOTBALL fan (Because so many Cowboys fans aren't even football fans) you shouldn't be flaunting this. You should be ashamed that your team has vastly underperformed on the field, and is looked at as the daytime soap opera of the NFL.

Excuses. What soap opera was going on prior to Owens? Exactly.

We've had only one MNF game in the least 3 years, and 3 SNF games this year. Giants, and a few other teams had the same amount.

People act like this "Americas Team" $$#$ came out two years ago. $%!## been going on before we was in pampers.

All the h8ter in here in full effect. This is fun
laugh.gif

And for the record, its not the Lakers. Least not according to Nielson Media Research

H8ters, carry on....

P.S. Even though we'll most likely get blown out, expect tomorrow game to break more records, which were previously held by, of course, Dallas
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom