Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

yeah danny green + seth + a backup big should make the fans happy

the only thing that pisses me off was their stance on Dlo and standing pat on day 1 too much (JJ/Bogan/Ed Davis)

If Dallas tried to get either ratsull or brogdon I would have been happy. Hell even boggers or Randle. Maybe they did and we just don’t know

Far as it appears they went after bev, green, Kemba

Idk I can’t really be happy with that at all though Seth has always been one of my favorites

Randle for 2 years and 20ish million would have been perfect.

A Randle, Seth, Danny Green offseason would have me out here with my shirt off saying we winning it all.

mavs saw him as a defensive liability

I keep seeing tea leaves that once this Green thing goes down they have a trade in the works

I love Marcus Morris... I'd bring that guy in and not think twice about it.

I like Oubre - wish he shot the ball better from range.

Is the plan really going into the season with Brunson/Seth at point?

Curious to see what else they have brewing. Roster construction's going to be weird. Gonna rely a ton on Luka creating everything again.

That would work for me. Both guys are going to get pretty reasonable term/dollar deals... And both guys are very tradable if it gets down to it and a contender needs a piece at the deadline.

it's really not that bad lol

green + morris + curry would be a nice offseason
Probably not, but still doesn’t feel right justifying it. Just me. If Cuban didn’t have his history then it’d be a diff story but it all adds up

If they can secure morris and green it’ll be a lot better optically

think I'm in the minority but they add a wing and I like this offseason

Wright is nice seen him since his utah days

Dallas held serve imo. With reasonable expectations I can’t hate it but I also don’t love it

They didn’t do anything foolish. If you had to pick the worst thing they did, it was Powell’s deal. So, not terrible

With delon I’m excited about his length I just hope he can spot up. If he can, And porzingis is stable, they could compete for the playoffs

If Delon Wright can shoot >35% from deep playing next to Luka, he’s a gold mine.

Digesting what went down overall throughout the league, I'm slightly more pleased with how things went in the context that some of these players that I really wanted realistically had no chance of coming here

Looking at the Brogdon trade, I mean Indiana traded a first and 2 seconds for him... I doubt they were going to find a better package than that

Boggers got a huge deal from Utah

Ratsull's situation was unique and I also never fully bought into the idea that he'd be a good fit with Luka

From all reports, Kemba was almost set to come here if not for Horford getting that offer from Philly... so I can't be mad at that

Netting Seth was enormous, I mean there isn't a better fit off the bench who can possibly even start. Adding a low risk high reward guy like Wright was a good get. Retaining everyone without crippling the books was also great

I have no clue what to expect from Porzingis. Maverick pods are unsurprisingly slurping the hell out of him but yeah, I'm honestly not that optimistic due to his health. If he isn't what he's billed to be, I don't see any way for them to even compete for the 8th seed.. but... if he plays into shape and stays healthy at least the parts fit together

Back
Top Bottom