Dallas Peeps Back At It

Originally Posted by siemprefresco14

^^^ na I'm not salty, its just that people think they deserved 2 be talked 2 just because they're in some dudes store buying clothes/kicks. People at that store aren't there 2 make u feel good about your purchase or anything so jus fall back and do what you went there for
Wow. As a customer, i would expect some contact,respect, and appreciation. I guess he must be doing well in business to where he doesnt have to..Some friendly customer service = postive experience=revenue=recommendations....

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

that dude farris showed me nothing but love when i met him
same here.. farris is a cool dude, so is everybody else who works there.

MHT214- its a clothing store not a hotel you cantexpect dudes to be giving you special treatment just because you shop there, I've never seen anybody get disrespected in there, your probably just a littleTOO sensitive dude

Originally Posted by MHT214

^^^ na I'm not salty, its just that people think they deserved 2 be talked 2 just because they're in some dudes store buying clothes/kicks. People at that store aren't there 2 make u feel good about your purchase or anything so jus fall back and do what you went there for
Wow. As a customer, i would expect some contact,respect, and appreciation. I guess he must be doing well in business to where he doesnt have to.. Some friendly customer service = postive experience=revenue=recommendations....

Exactly. It might work at Supreme or Bape NY. Besides, I've known D since he first opened up. You guys don't know the whole story.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

that dude farris showed me nothing but love when i met him
same here.. farris is a cool dude, so is everybody else who works there.

MHT214- its a clothing store not a hotel you cant expect dudes to be giving you special treatment just because you shop there, I've never seen anybody get disrespected in there, your probably just a little TOO sensitive dude

On the contrary brah. Im just voicing my opinion about the subject, is that ok?
I easily see both sides of the arguement. Sorry if you dont cite with me.
laugh.gif
Just dont own a business...

DEAD.

^^^^Yea its ok for you 2 voice your opinion but there is no argument here, but no matter how u feel people are still gona be hitting up Adikt coppin sneakersand gear. So you and anybody else that doesn't know those dudes personally can pretty much just shut it from here on out

I want to talk about burgers all the time. But then again I don't work or go to Micky D's. Burgers are good for you just like shoes are tho, in adifferent sense tho.

Dude has no major point. If ADIKT wants business then they should be more friendly and less snooty. Plus the clothing is really my style. Im not a lil dude andim not a bid dude trying to wear lil guys clothing. ya know? There kicks are mainly bright colored and ISSish... Althought the we run dallas tee is very nice.

thats why i dont mess with Adikt anymore. ill just cop off karmaloop or if i have to go up there.

and 1/2 cents wont drop here.

Too bad its near impossible to get Nike accounts nowadays or I would definently do something to change that...

However it simply isn't worth it to sell trash reeboks/adidas followed by Nikes just to prove something of a lasting relationship with them...

I understand the business model though it makes perfect sense and it is what separates them from everyone else. I just wish it was a bit easier.

I am the owner of Adikt and I was really reluctant to respond to this thread. Not because I don't care but I don't want to come off "snooty","snotty", or any other negative portrayal that we have been called in this thread. If I didn't care or if this didn't upset me I would leaveit at that and let you guys think what you will. That would be "snooty". There were topics that were brought up that I feel I need to defend and/orexplain and I will do my best to give some perspective in this response. But there were also some things that I truly don't understand where it came from.

We don't "sell you product" because I feel the product should sell itself. I don't pay my guys commission because I don't want them toforce a pair of sneakers on you if you weren't already sold on them. We get plenty of people in the shop that require extra service and we are happy togive it to them, BUT most of these people aren't usually people on forums, they don't know what's hot, they aren't sneakerheads, or collectors.I guarantee if someone who asked for advise or a recommendation we are more than willing to help them out completely unless the shop's filled with peopleand there's not enough of us to take that extra step. I also guarantee that if one of my guys doesn't help you when you ask for it, I let them knowabout. So if you feel like that was the case, I apologize. As far as people thinking we don't want to check on a size for you, that is definitely not thecase. At any given point there's really only me and one, sometimes two guys that actually work at Adikt. We have guys that have previously worked andsometimes will pick up a shift or two but officially there's never more than three of us. So that being said, we usually know what we have in stock. So ifyou ask for a shirt or a pair of shoes and we tell you we don't have it without looking, its because we know we don't have it. Hell, I've literallypretended to go back and "look" for a pair when I knew we didn't have it just so they wouldn't think I was writing them off or being lazy.

Trust me when I say that we are into the culture, we've all been down since day one. But not all of us are into everything or even the same stuff. I cantalk to you all day long about Air Max's from the 90's, 2000's and anything else that came out when I fell in love with sneakers. I will be thefirst to admit I don't know anything SB related after the pink boxes maybe a few of the first gold boxes but that's it. I'm just not into them thatmuch anymore. I stopped collecting Jordans because I can't wear them for longer than an hour before I can't stand in them. The rest of the guys areinto what they're into and I'm sure they will be more than happy to talk about what they are into and what they know. But some days I just have toomuch work to do. Bills, website, newsletter, ordering, taxes and anything else you can think of, I do it myself.

I wish I could have ordered 20 pairs of Eggplant Foamposites all in the sizes you all wanted. But I have to place orders 6 months in advance and witheverything I order, I take a risk of that particular item flopping and I'm stuck with 20 pairs of $200 sneakers. Trust me, I read the post about everyonecoming in and asking me to order them. I tried, I called my rep and begged for any sizes they had left in those. I have to base my ordering on what type ofshoe has been selling. Retro basketball shoes, believe it or not, has not sold well at the shop. Shoes over $110 has not sold well in the shop. Based off thosetwo assumptions, the $200 Eggplant Foamposites were not ordered. My ordering is based off my customers, unfortunately not from forums a month before the drop.I wish it were that easy, I'd never have to put shoes on sale.

Another shocking fact, we have given discounts and we will give discounts. Ask any regular, I've hooked them up plenty in the past. But, if the shoes areon sale already and you buy a couple of them and ask for a hook up, it probably won't happen. I promise you, almost all the shoes we have on sale are belowmy cost already. That means I'm already losing money on your purchase, its hard for me to want to give up any more money. Trust me when I say that mark upon Nikes aren't that great. Also, if the shoes are hot, let's say the Black Fridays, and you come in and want a "hook up" and there are aline of people who are willing to pay more than the $150 retail price for them, you think that's reasonable? I know plenty of shops that would'vemarked them up way above $150 to begin with. In the end, I have rent and bills to pay. I truly appreciate your business but I have a business to run as well.

The last thing I'm going to address (if anyone is still reading) is local support. No one is more upset that there's not more of a local scene inDallas. Why do you think Houston or Atlanta gets all the amazing drops? Nike bases releases on the local scene and whether the market can sustain a drop.There's nothing worse than a shop getting an amazing drop and it doesn't sell out. I'm not saying there isn't a scene here but its not big orapparent as those other cities. But there's no reason why we can't reach that point. As far as Kixpo is concerned, Nuke is right, we were presentedwith an opportunity to take part. I was under the impression that we were not presented with with same opportunity as some of the other shops in town, I couldbe completely wrong or got some bad info, but that's something we will address privately. We were apart of Kixpo the first year, Sneaks Up in SA, andSneaker Summit in Houston several times.

I hope that helps clears up anything negative anyone wants to say about ADIKT. As far as the personal stuff, I don't think you know me or the guys at Adiktwell enough to put us in that light.

What's up D? Its been awhile. I was a bit disheartened at all the negativity towards the shop. Just to add another perspective, I can speak for the folksin SA when I say that you and your shop have been more than welcoming to us in the past, both with support for the Sneaks up show and just in general. Bottomline my personal experience has been positive at ADIKT. We (as in Texas) don't really have many speciality spots for sneakers (or sneaker boutiques), so wereally should really support everything that is available to us. Many times the owners have to do double work to get any "exclusives" because themajor companies (Nike, adidas, etc.) don't really see Texas as a competitive market compared to a New York or LA.

*and the 1/2 cents were made available to us as well but like I said in my earlier rant, weren't ordered because of lack of sales in "basketball"shoes. It kills me to go to the Nike showroom and see a hot pair of sneakers that I just know wouldn't sell well in my store. What kills me more is thefact that I have to allocate that money to pairs of shoes I personally don't like but know will sell in the shop. But that's a whole other rant.

whats good darren...darren is a cool cat to me everytime i show up....+$%* i think i go to his shop like 3 times a month....but yea, now i understand why youdidnt order the foams...you based it on what sells in the shop....and yea i feel you darren on those bills many of my uncles, cousins have there own businessand i know thats **$ gets stressful.... btw i be at the shop this sat. to copp some gear .

bc60997- its not a cosignment shop, and they dont carry older shoes(matter fact they got a pair of laser V still sitting on the shelves but for like 3 bills) ithink... but they do get all the hot jb releases.

JRthumber85- its off cockrailhill and wheatlend rd. in the duncanville area. just go to yellow pages and type big mikes.

Much respect for coming out here and clearing the air. And i totally agree, like i said a few pages before, Dallas has as much potential as Houston andAtlanta, we just need to step it up.

Pretty respectable Darren...

I completely understand what you are saying with the controversy between buying what you like and what sells...In the end you are running a business...

My question to you is, "If we get a big enough fan base for a particular shoe far enough in advance (6 months) could that warrant you ordering themregardless to them being air max or nike basketball?"

Originally Posted by dyoung330

I am the owner of Adikt and I was really reluctant to respond to this thread. Not because I don't care but I don't want to come off "snooty", "snotty", or any other negative portrayal that we have been called in this thread. If I didn't care or if this didn't upset me I would leave it at that and let you guys think what you will. That would be "snooty". There were topics that were brought up that I feel I need to defend and/or explain and I will do my best to give some perspective in this response. But there were also some things that I truly don't understand where it came from.

We don't "sell you product" because I feel the product should sell itself. I don't pay my guys commission because I don't want them to force a pair of sneakers on you if you weren't already sold on them. We get plenty of people in the shop that require extra service and we are happy to give it to them, BUT most of these people aren't usually people on forums, they don't know what's hot, they aren't sneakerheads, or collectors. I guarantee if someone who asked for advise or a recommendation we are more than willing to help them out completely unless the shop's filled with people and there's not enough of us to take that extra step. I also guarantee that if one of my guys doesn't help you when you ask for it, I let them know about. So if you feel like that was the case, I apologize. As far as people thinking we don't want to check on a size for you, that is definitely not the case. At any given point there's really only me and one, sometimes two guys that actually work at Adikt. We have guys that have previously worked and sometimes will pick up a shift or two but officially there's never more than three of us. So that being said, we usually know what we have in stock. So if you ask for a shirt or a pair of shoes and we tell you we don't have it without looking, its because we know we don't have it. Hell, I've literally pretended to go back and "look" for a pair when I knew we didn't have it just so they wouldn't think I was writing them off or being lazy.

Trust me when I say that we are into the culture, we've all been down since day one. But not all of us are into everything or even the same stuff. I can talk to you all day long about Air Max's from the 90's, 2000's and anything else that came out when I fell in love with sneakers. I will be the first to admit I don't know anything SB related after the pink boxes maybe a few of the first gold boxes but that's it. I'm just not into them that much anymore. I stopped collecting Jordans because I can't wear them for longer than an hour before I can't stand in them. The rest of the guys are into what they're into and I'm sure they will be more than happy to talk about what they are into and what they know. But some days I just have too much work to do. Bills, website, newsletter, ordering, taxes and anything else you can think of, I do it myself.

I wish I could have ordered 20 pairs of Eggplant Foamposites all in the sizes you all wanted. But I have to place orders 6 months in advance and with everything I order, I take a risk of that particular item flopping and I'm stuck with 20 pairs of $200 sneakers. Trust me, I read the post about everyone coming in and asking me to order them. I tried, I called my rep and begged for any sizes they had left in those. I have to base my ordering on what type of shoe has been selling. Retro basketball shoes, believe it or not, has not sold well at the shop. Shoes over $110 has not sold well in the shop. Based off those two assumptions, the $200 Eggplant Foamposites were not ordered. My ordering is based off my customers, unfortunately not from forums a month before the drop. I wish it were that easy, I'd never have to put shoes on sale.

Another shocking fact, we have given discounts and we will give discounts. Ask any regular, I've hooked them up plenty in the past. But, if the shoes are on sale already and you buy a couple of them and ask for a hook up, it probably won't happen. I promise you, almost all the shoes we have on sale are below my cost already. That means I'm already losing money on your purchase, its hard for me to want to give up any more money. Trust me when I say that mark up on Nikes aren't that great. Also, if the shoes are hot, let's say the Black Fridays, and you come in and want a "hook up" and there are a line of people who are willing to pay more than the $150 retail price for them, you think that's reasonable? I know plenty of shops that would've marked them up way above $150 to begin with. In the end, I have rent and bills to pay. I truly appreciate your business but I have a business to run as well.

The last thing I'm going to address (if anyone is still reading) is local support. No one is more upset that there's not more of a local scene in Dallas. Why do you think Houston or Atlanta gets all the amazing drops? Nike bases releases on the local scene and whether the market can sustain a drop. There's nothing worse than a shop getting an amazing drop and it doesn't sell out. I'm not saying there isn't a scene here but its not big or apparent as those other cities. But there's no reason why we can't reach that point. As far as Kixpo is concerned, Nuke is right, we were presented with an opportunity to take part. I was under the impression that we were not presented with with same opportunity as some of the other shops in town, I could be completely wrong or got some bad info, but that's something we will address privately. We were apart of Kixpo the first year, Sneaks Up in SA, and Sneaker Summit in Houston several times.

I hope that helps clears up anything negative anyone wants to say about ADIKT. As far as the personal stuff, I don't think you know me or the guys at Adikt well enough to put us in that light.
Now that both you and T21D have came to me saying whats really good, I feel were you are coming from. I hope my words were only taken with a grainof salt.

Originally Posted by dyoung330

*and the 1/2 cents were made available to us as well but like I said in my earlier rant, weren't ordered because of lack of sales in "basketball" shoes. It kills me to go to the Nike showroom and see a hot pair of sneakers that I just know wouldn't sell well in my store. What kills me more is the fact that I have to allocate that money to pairs of shoes I personally don't like but know will sell in the shop. But that's a whole other rant.
eek.gif
tired.gif

Yall can put all the stonefaces u want, but u kno earlier it was like no holds barred on Adikt in here, everybody wanted 2 put in there little 2 cents, now Dcomes in here, said what he had 2 say and everybody act like they on the band wagon all of a sudden. That's some straight up chump $@#%

Ayo, Akuma...Whats good with Big Mikes Fort Worth nike account?

I called up a few times in advance for the eggplants and was told they were a no go.

Will there be 1/2 Cents, Griffeys, LeBrons?

Adikt, any plans on opening a shop in fort worth?
nerd.gif

Yall can put all the stonefaces u want, but u kno earlier it was like no holds barred on Adikt in here, everybody wanted 2 put in there little 2 cents, now D comes in here, said what he had 2 say and everybody act like they on the band wagon all of a sudden. That's some straight up chump $@#%

I should be the bigger man, but whatever.
You corny. Everyone was simply giving thier personal experience with Adikt.(Which BTW, i never said i had a bad one.) BUT FOR which by the way your boy D hasapologized. Maybe you should read his post again. As for me, everything i stated was non biased. I simply respect the fact that he is owning up to whatever his'employees' have done before to tarnish Adikt's appearance and has cleared the air as to why he doesnt order certain things etc......

Back
Top Bottom