Dame Dash says Steve Stoute is a "Culture Robber"...

How do some of you go from culture vulture from uncle tom?

Steve Stoute isn't a tom anymore than anyone else who works in corporate America.

So hes a culture vulture because he takes the rappers ideas & makes it happen for them with his connections, dame just mad stoute was the main reason why jay left him

Flex doing everything Dame said he would :lol:

It's always a black dude in the business ready to go to bat for one of these dudes.

It's crazy because Flex basically stated in simplest Form... You or your company wouldn't be anything without those white guys helping you :smh:

It's a don't bite the hand that feeds you mentality only thing about that is that Rocafella were legit partners with Def Jam & Jay, Dame, Biggs worked hard as **** to build that record company up & controlled the messages and what they wanted to do with the music, videos, clothes etc etc.

Outside of Curren$y their wasn't one artist who came out that situation saying dame ain't have their back, or dame made them do something artistically that they weren't comfortable with. I mean look at the records they sold back then & look at their images & the content off their music Roc-A-Fella kept it true to their roots 98% (That sunshine video was the first and only attempt :lol:)

We can't say that Dame didn't personally take his earnings and invest in black business, Invest in his Artist, invest in building the culture of hiphop up and making it stronger. Truth of the matter is Dame, Irv, Dee & Wah SAVED Def Jam and Lyor, Kev Lyles etc etc owe them just as much if not more for building their brand up to that stature and making them look good.

But what else is expected from Corny *** flex, a bunch of screaming, claiming that he's more important than dame dash because he's hot in the digital world? :smh:

Dame is gonna calmly and hilariously roast Flex and i will be :rofl:

How do some of you go from culture vulture from uncle tom?

Steve Stoute isn't a tom anymore than anyone else who works in corporate America.

I Don't want to quite call him a Uncle Tom but i get where Dame is coming from with the Culture Vulture... Based off accounts of MANY artist he's jsut not a loyal guy and someone who will try to make money off of you even at the expense of hurting your brand in the future. He only cares about the money & keeping his bosses (Who happen to be mostly white) happy, he has no regards for the artist after the deal is done, has no regards for how it may portray an artist or hip hop culture in general as long as a deal is made.

Hence why he's had beef with everyone from Puff, Dame, Nas, 50 etc etc he's a snake who's only out for the money those kind of people are weak and will do anything in order to get there way, that kind of personality i don't respect.

He's a very smart business man and has great ideas on expanding brands, but has no limitation on what he's willing to rupture or interfere with, nor any of the long lasting effects.

Flex doing everything Dame said he would 
laugh.gif

It's always a black dude in the business ready to go to bat for one of these dudes.
It's crazy because Flex basically stated in simplest Form... You or your company wouldn't be anything without those white guys helping you
mean.gif

It's a don't bite the hand that feeds you mentality only thing about that is that Rocafella were legit partners with Def Jam & Jay, Dame, Biggs worked hard as **** to build that record company up & controlled the messages and what they wanted to do with the music, videos, clothes etc etc.

Outside of Curren$y their wasn't one artist who came out that situation saying dame ain't have their back, or dame made them do something artistically that they weren't comfortable with. I mean look at the records they sold back then & look at their images & the content off their music Roc-A-Fella kept it true to their roots 98% (That sunshine video was the first and only attempt
laugh.gif
)

We can't say that Dame didn't personally take his earnings and invest in black business, Invest in his Artist, invest in building the culture of hiphop up and making it stronger. Truth of the matter is Dame, Irv, Dee & Wah SAVED Def Jam and Lyor, Kev Lyles etc etc owe them just as much if not more for building their brand up to that stature and making them look good.

But what else is expected from Corny *** flex, a bunch of screaming, claiming that he's more important than dame dash because he's hot in the digital world?
mean.gif

Dame is gonna calmly and hilariously roast Flex and i will be
roll.gif
repped

I Don't want to quite call him a Uncle Tom but i get where Dame is coming from with the Culture Vulture... Based off accounts of MANY artist he's jsut not a loyal guy and someone who will try to make money off of you even at the expense of hurting your brand in the future. He only cares about the money & keeping his bosses (Who happen to be mostly white) happy, he has no regards for the artist after the deal is done, has no regards for how it may portray an artist or hip hop culture in general as long as a deal is made.

Hence why he's had beef with everyone from Puff, Dame, Nas, 50 etc etc he's a snake who's only out for the money those kind of people are weak and will do anything in order to get there way, that kind of personality i don't respect.

He's a very smart business man and has great ideas on expanding brands, but has no limitation on what he's willing to rupture or interfere with, nor any of the long lasting effects.

A snake or questionable business tactics doesn't make you a Tom, it makes you a business man. He has just learned to play it on a higher and better level than some others.

Just like they don't care about Stoute beyond what he can do for them, it's the same way. That's business.

Dudes far from a Tom.

Dame has personal animosity towards a lot of people in the industry. Some he didn't like while on top. Some he blames for no longer being on top.

Dame shouldn't be praised as much as he has been, because he's really a warning.

How you treat people on your way to the top, is how you'll be treated once you're no longer there. Karma hit Dame. Dame treated a lot of people like ****.

There's some truth in what he's saying, but it's his jaded truth. A lot of people could "expose" Dame, but they don't care. They've moved on, because he's not relevant to them anymore.

I use sound cloud to listen.

I see Ben Baller tweeted Flex about the Ain't No ***** track. I'm on mobile so I can't post all of it.

Stoute prob is a tom...especially if he making moves that's not in his artist best interest but in the interest of his white superiors

At the same time these artist need to stay up on they **** instead of handing their whole career to these people w/o being in the decision making process

Dame Dash Talks CEO Beef W/ Lyor Cohen, Responds To Funkmaster Flex + MORE

(AllHipHop News) Earlier today, Dame Dash responded to Funkmaster Flex’s rant during his appearance on The Combat Jack Show last night(June 5th). In his interview he explains why he wants to have “CEO beef”, Funkmaster Flex, Steve Stoute helping Jay Z get sued and more. Dame Dash was one of the most powerful record executives during one of Hip Hop most volatiles times in the early 2000s. During that time his Roc-A-Fella artists had engaged in beefs with D-Block, Nas and others. However, Dash now feels that CEOs should no longer benefit from rapper beef:

These CEOs have made so much money off of rap beef for so long. It’s not like when two rappers have a problem with each other they sit them down to squash it. They actually put a battery in their back. Sort of like a battery might have been in Flex’s back and have them beef with each other and make money off the winner.

Six months after Dash’s DD172 Record label released Curren$y’s Pilot Talk II, Curren$y signed to Warner Bros Records. At the time, Lyor Cohen was the chairman and chief executive at Warner, a fact Dash says Cohen used against him by using Curren$y:

I also noticed that these corporate people were trying to bomb on me and making it look like I had a beef with a rapper to keep the beef off of them. But I couldn’t really answer right then and there, because guys like Lyor Cohen were using people like Warner Bros [Records] money to fund his personal issues. So, I can’t fight a man when he’s using somebody else’s money, especially when I’m funding other businesses. So I was like, Imma let him get that off. Imma see what they do for the next five years.

Lyor Cohen left Warner Bros Records a year after signing Curren$y, which Dash viewed as making him vulnerable. Cohen is now running an independent label, 300 and Dash remarks that he doesn’t have “other people’s money to use to do all of those corporate tricks he used to do.” Dash wants to “make money off of CEO beef instead of making money off of rap beef.” One monetization method Dame has come up with is holding a public debate with Lyor Cohen. One of Flex’s claims was that Dash accused Cohen of being a culture vulture, however used his financial backing for Roc-A-Fella when Def Jam purchased a stake in the company in 1997. According to Dame, not only did he not “use any of Lyor’s money”, he sold a stake in the company to improve Roc-A-Fella’s independence.

When Flex was like ‘you used their money.’ No I didn’t use any of Lyor’s money. I used Universal’s money. I sold it. We sold it. We made equity and we sold half. The reason why we sold them half is so they can fund it. We were partners 50/50. We built equity and earned it based on a multiple. But of a businessperson, or rather, a person who has a job wouldn’t understand that.

According to Dame, when Jay Z was arrested in 1999 for stabbing record executive Lance “Un” Rivera, Steve Stoute “got Un the lawyer to sue Jay.” Around 1999 Rivera had his label Untertainment Records under Epic Records which was a subsidiary of Columbia Records, where Stoute was a record executive at.

Sounds like Curren$y took the wrong route. :smh:

I think he could've been way bigger than he is now. How did Wiz end up making a bigger splash? When they dropped "How Fly" and from there moving forward Curren$y had so much momentum until that Muscle Car Chronicle fiasco. :smh:

Damn.

I'd like to hear Spitta's side of it.

Last edited:

I think he could've been way bigger than he is now. How did Wiz end up making a bigger splash? When they dropped "How Fly" and from there moving forward Curren$y had so much momentum until that Muscle Car Chronicle fiasco. :smh:

Damn.

dont even sound like its really on him either
sounds like legalese is the real reason
and the execs tried to capitalize on something they didnt intially believe in
then when they seen he was gonna make money they wanted a piece of the pie

Damn.

Me and my homies talked about this...like his momentum after pilot talk 1 and 2 was crazy.

not sure why he wld do a 360...

he was touring frequently...few yrs ago via smokers club...etc...

it was wild what dame said about wiz too...

I think y'all reading too much into that Curren$y tweet. it was just a coincidence. I don't think it was a co-sign.

As for him and Wiz...there's no way they could be in the same position without Spitta's music drastically changing. There's an interview on HipHopDX where he says the same thing. They're both In the places they WANTED to be in.

Last edited:
As for him and Wiz...there's no way they could be in the same position without Spitta's music drastically changing. There's an interview on HipHopDX where he says the same thing. They're both In the places they WANTED to be in.

This

I don't think Currency's music is anywhere as commercial.

Dudes are comparing Orange Juice & Kush and Pillow Talk

When the big difference is the lane of music...i.e. Black & Yellow being downloaded a million times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom