Dame Dash says Steve Stoute is a "Culture Robber"...

Why are people still on curren$y's side?

Dame fronted all the $$$$ for MCC
Put him up in a TriBeca Loft
Got him free production from Ski-beatz

And Spitta just up's and signs to warner for a 360 

what he said made a lot of sense, I don't know much about curren$y but I know he was doing his thing independently.

People may not like Dame, and for good reason, but what he talked about I feel it has some weight. Especially those how have comfortable jobs that protect the status quo and the snakes that feed them.

Interesting to see how far Dame takes this. I say air'em out.

Whether you believe dame or not you gotta respect the gems he was dropping

You not gonna find many in hip hop dropping that kinda knowledge with the history to back it up

Even flex admitted to dame teaching him so this isn't some scheme on dames part

Last edited:
Kinda went in on Ebro too but it's true why is Flex still on HOT97 when he doesn't fit the demographic :lol: and then Combat wanted to give the politically correct answer

b , theres a point in that interview where dame actually said "why is flex 46?" . ..  i lost it 

Yeah it was funny when he commented on that, him dying his beard and him trying to appeal to 15-24 year olds.

Saying he should be on BLS :lol:

Yeah it was funny when he commented on that, him dying his beard and him trying to appeal to 15-24 year olds.

Saying he should be on BLS :lol:

trying to appeal to 15-24 year olds?

3 months ago Dame was selling screen-printed Elite socks out of his trunk. flex is extra corny to me, but he's been that way for DECADES. dame just sounds hurt, wondering why no one more important wants to get into 'CEO beef' with him.... it's because they are real CEOs dame. they have work to do.

dame's just the ultimate hypocrite to me man. always sidestepping questions by saying 'a man doesnt talk about another man's business' ... then he brings up other mens' business and tries to air them out and deflect. {()}

if all you read/hear are Dame quotables... it's hard not to be a fan or at least entertained. but when you dig into the facts and legalese of his past transgressions... it's really hard to take him seriously. this is a dude that made up death threats and had his ex-wife arrested because she was suing him for custody of their child.

he has no authority over what a man should or shouldn't do.

to answer a previous question about Combat Jack...

nothing major really. i just dont enjoy his interview structure or what he adds to the conversation. these dudes have been doing this way too long to always seem so unprepared.... cant just keep saying 'we arent professionals b' when a conversation goes nowhere or a room full of people are talking.

probably still the best hip hop podcast tho.

I wish I knew more back story, but just from an outside perspective, Dame just sounds salty.

Also, from a story I heard a very long time ago, I heard the Dame/Curren$y situation revolves around the sum of $250,000.

I would love to see him & Ebro discuss their differences because Ebro wouldn't be man handled in the convo, but he would still be able to give actual responses without screaming about irrelevant things...

and :smh: at flex still throwing shots at Dame this weekend by bigging up Puff's money .... he sounded real hurt on air.

Dame dropped some gems but...
this

He clearly is not. He knows people get mad at him but you hav eto understand the people he upsets usually arent people he is trying to be friends with. Those people are just business people. The environment he is from is accepting on the personality. He is from a community where fear is what people feast on.

Dame's perspective was very insightful no matter who's side you're on. Kinda questionable how Flex was going in on him the first time on HOT97 especially with no reply from IE, but what do I know. #coolstorybro

Last edited:
He clearly is not. He knows people get mad at him but you hav eto understand the people he upsets usually arent people he is trying to be friends with. Those people are just business people. The environment he is from is accepting on the personality. He is from a community where fear is what people feast on.

This isn't true. The industry was accepting of him, because he had Jay-Z and he could make them money. That was the only reason.

That's why nobody wants to deal with Dame and they were begging Jay-Z to leave him. Puff has ******* moments, but it's not 24/7.

Nobody else goes to his extreme. Combat retweeted several tweets from other people the past few days.

hot 97 taking the coward route tryna be funny using "culture vulture" throughout the show . ima be disappointed if they wait until everything dies down to invite dame up . dame vs ebro should be good , i have a feeling rosenberg and ciph wont speak up at all .

id like to see him do the bc cause of the questions charlamagne and envy wont be scared to ask 

I would love to see him & Ebro discuss their differences because Ebro wouldn't be man handled in the convo, but he would still be able to give actual responses without screaming about irrelevant things...

and :smh: at flex still throwing shots at Dame this weekend by bigging up Puff's money .... he sounded real hurt on air.

Of course flex is hurt lol dame said some slick funny **** about him...it had me *alonzo mourning gif* flex

This isn't true. The industry was accepting of him, because he had Jay-Z and he could make them money. That was the only reason.

That's why nobody wants to deal with Dame and they were begging Jay-Z to leave him. Puff has ******* moments, but it's not 24/7.

Nobody else goes to his extreme. Combat retweeted several tweets from other people the past few days.

I am not talking about the industry environment i am talking about the NYC HARLEM environment. The industry didnt like him because most of the dudes in the industry arent street cats like that.

I am not talking about the industry environment i am talking about the NYC HARLEM environment. The industry didnt like him because most of the dudes in the industry arent street cats like that.

Dame isn't technically a street cat. He went to a private school and his family was middle class.

The streets aren't accepting of that either. On the streets he would either tone it down or he'd end up dead.

I get what dude is saying though.

As far as the industry go and how political everything can be and everyone acts, Dame is pretty "street" in how he handles his.

Good points being made. Especially about the connection between ethnic community and money management.

Dame isn't technically a street cat. He went to a private school and his family was middle class.

The streets aren't accepting of that either. On the streets he would either tone it down or he'd end up dead.

So a dude from Harlem who sweept the floors from Barber Shops isnt a street cat? You make it seem like dude is not even from NYC, most NYC people got that toughness in them. The streets are accepting of everyone besides frauds, I guarantee you Dame got his demeanor from hanging out with similar dudes on the stoops, some people are just tough skinned people and treat people like they are tough skinned. Dame is a person who likes to roast people and roasting is popular in the streets, not sure when the last time you've been there.

So a dude from Harlem who sweept the floors from Barber Shops isnt a street cat? You make it seem like dude is not even from NYC, most NYC people got that toughness in them. The streets are accepting of everyone besides frauds, I guarantee you Dame got his demeanor from hanging out with similar dudes on the stoops, some people are just tough skinned people and treat people like they are tough skinned. Dame is a person who likes to roast people and roasting is popular in the streets, not sure when the last time you've been there.

I'm from New York. I know where Dame grew up.

I don't care what he did as a kid. Most people wouldn't consider Dame a street cat. Dame didn't grow up in the projects. Dame grew up on a middle class block.
Most people who act like Dame do it as a form of overcompensation. Maybe because of anger losing his mother early, I don't know.

Street cats only act like Dame in movies. The ones who do act like Dame to varying degrees, Puff and Irv. Same thing, all for the most part middle class dudes. There's people who seek trouble and those who grow up amongst it where it's a way of life.

I think you're getting street cat mixed up with someone who hustles, as in their work ethic. Dame used to throw parties and stuff in Harlem with his crew. He has the environment in him, but I wouldn't call dude a street cat.

false
I'm from New York. I know where Dame grew up.

I don't care what he did as a kid. Most people wouldn't consider Dame a street cat. Dame didn't grow up in the projects. Dame grew up on a middle class block.
Most people who act like Dame do it as a form of overcompensation. Maybe because of anger losing his mother early, I don't know.

Street cats only act like Dame in movies. The ones who do act like Dame to varying degrees, Puff and Irv. Same thing, all for the most part middle class dudes. There's people who seek trouble and those who grow up amongst it where it's a way of life.

I think you're getting street cat mixed up with someone who hustles, as in their work ethic. Dame used to throw parties and stuff in Harlem with his crew. He has the environment in him, but I wouldn't call dude a street cat.

In interviews before he said he was out there selling drugs and hustling in the streets too. How much of that is truth and to what levels we don't know, and of course that doesn't make someone a G, but he does have that side to him in his background.

If you're affiliated with street dudes, you're a street dude by affiliation, just because he wasnt out there doing the same hustle as every other street dude doesnt make him any less of a street dude, growing up in a middle class hood is irrelevant, its not where you from its where you at & dame was in the streets getting it, him being about that life idk i doubt that

Yall forgetting His mom passed when he was in his early teens, so he been on his own since a youngin, & he said he never worked for anybody, so just do the math

Back
Top Bottom