Damn Nautica, hate it had 2 be u. VOL Yachty collab.

Rapper Lil Yachty brings new life to Nautica with his capsule collection
Aria Hughes | WWD

“I’m not a designer,” said Lil Yachty, who held court at the presentation of his capsule collection for Nautica. “I just have my own style.” Since becoming a public fixture, the 20-year-old rapper has made Nautica his go-to, specifically the vintage styles with pronounced logos that fit nicely with his distinctive, boating-inspired image.

His formal relationship with Nautica, which he said his manager never thought would happen, began in 2016 when he modeled for the brand’s Urban Outfitters assortment. The partnership deepened earlier this year when he was named a creative designer for the company, which has led to the Lil Yachty Collection by Nautica, a tight assortment he collaborated on with Steve McSween, the heritage brand’s vice president of global men’s design.

“He brought his favorite Nautica vintage pieces and I brought mine, and 10 of them were the same,” said McSween. “And we built the line around classic Nautica pieces from the Nineties.”

1400x788

The Lil Yachty collection by Nautica. (Chinsee / WWD / REX / Shutterstock)
The collection featured puffer coats, zip-up fleece jackets, vests, polo shirts and drawstring shorts in a tight color palette of yellow, red, hunter green and navy. The lineup was logo heavy and sprinkled with new details and fabrics including white zippers, mesh panels placed over a flocked “N” logo and Sherpa, which was used for varsity jackets and bucket hats.

Lil Yachty has been a proponent of being different — see the cover of his album ‘Teenage Emotions” — and he brought that to the presentation’s diverse model casting, which was refreshing to see. Nautica has provided the artist with a platform to extend his vision, and he’s injected some new energy into the more than 30-year-old company. It’s an ideal partnership.

http://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-wwd-lily-yachty-nautica-holiday-20170908-story.html

What's the news? This partnership was announced last year

most people thought it was a simple endorsement deal.

homie out here designing variant tommy Hilfiger :smh:

fly Nautica gear has always been its white/grey/navy pieces wit da sailboat logo..

vibe-vixen-camron-nautica-300x451_fa_rszd.jpg

That red jacket kinda fire though
I'm feeling that Yellow and Navy jacket.

this thread aint finna go like how ninja thought it was.

all jacket/vest pieces look fye. everything else looks like somethig nautica or any similar brand would have released this season anyways.

thanks for putting me on ninja that red bubble is butter.

I'd wear those black and yellow pants and jacket matter fact nothing wrong with those fits except the pant length on some might be a inch too short for me

the nautica jackets with the little orange floating thing hanging off zipper was fire back in the 90s

He's the wrong one for this

how? seems like a perfect fit with the boat gimmick and the fact that he's hot rn and nautica wasnt really popping with this current generation of 96 and below babies before he popped up.

feelings on his music aside its dope that a brand reached out to the artist and broke bread instead of doing like brands usually do and try to copy his style the following season.

If we're keeping it real, Tommy Hilfiger and Nautical made pretty much the same stuff, but one had a prep culture theme and the other had a boating theme.

I always thought if both brands bought back classic pieces with the OG logos, they'd do a lot a better than they are now.

I'd pay a smooth $100+for a nautica sweatsuit with the boat logo on the (single) back pocket of pants.

And that oldTommy logo with the griffin/lion and the wreaths and their collared shirts with the blue neck lining were always fire to me.

Back
Top Bottom