Daunte Culpepper Un-retires

Courtsey of profootballtalk.com:

[h2]DAUNTE EMERGES FROM RETIREMENT[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 2:25 p.m. EDT

In an e-mail sent to various media outlets (and us), retired quarterback Daunte Culpepper has opted to give football another try.

Here's what he said:

"A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to 'keep a light on' for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me."

Culpepper recently spoke to the Chiefs, but they signed Quinn Gray to serve as the backup to Tyler Thigpen, since both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are on injured reserve.

Here's a team to watch - the Broncos. Patrick Ramsey was placed on IR after Monday night's loss to the Patriots, giving Denver a need on the depth chart behind Jay Cutler.

---------------

you knew he couldn't stay away forever...hopefully he gets some reps with a team soon and gets a contract in 09

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Chiefs? I want to see Minnesota pick him up.

as long as brad childress is head coach of the vikings, there's no chance in hell that culpepper goes back to minnesota.

^ You're a tad late
laugh.gif

And Culpepper "retiring."
laugh.gif

I don't want Culpepper in Minnesota anyway..we need to get a young QB in the draft this year, and then also sign a stop-gap QB like Derek Anderson or MarcBulger until that young QB is ready to step in (Aaron Rodgers method)

I'm glad to see that Daunte is back though..he's great to watch when healthy

he swears hes intelligent lololololol ... dude is his own agent and couldnt get a deal cuz teams wouldnt negotiate with him

laugh.gif
Him and Brad Childress had it out. Maybe time has healed all wounds, but I don't know if Minny's front office would consider him. DC was a member,of the infamous, yet insanely hilarious "loveboat scandal" on lake Minetonka.

Originally Posted by HighRep87

my best guest is the Lions.

that'll be enough to send him right back into retirement...but who knows, him and Calvin might be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrmossyman84

Courtsey of profootballtalk.com:

[h2]DAUNTE EMERGES FROM RETIREMENT[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 2:25 p.m. EDT

In an e-mail sent to various media outlets (and us), retired quarterback Daunte Culpepper has opted to give football another try.

Here's what he said:

"A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to 'keep a light on' for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me."

Culpepper recently spoke to the Chiefs, but they signed Quinn Gray to serve as the backup to Tyler Thigpen, since both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are on injured reserve.

Here's a team to watch - the Broncos. Patrick Ramsey was placed on IR after Monday night's loss to the Patriots, giving Denver a need on the depth chart behind Jay Cutler.

---------------

you knew he couldn't stay away forever...hopefully he gets some reps with a team soon and gets a contract in 09
That's contradictive...he will have no chance to compete with Cutler in Denver.

My best guess is Detroit..New England maybe but that's less likely since Cassel has proven that he can manage the game

Originally Posted by hymen man

J-Rain wants him to go to the Pats.
the pats already had their bye week so he wouldn't be able to fully learn the offense over the bye week anymore.

I was tryin' to tell yall...this dude didn't retire.

And he's still better than half of the starting QBs in the league...

Cowboys could be a possibility. What if Romo's injury is worse than originally thought? We still have our bye and it looks like Brad will be starting thenext two games (Lord help us)

What a joke. He retired from the Dolphins because he didn't want to be a backup and now he's returning to be a backup.

Originally Posted by chigaa

What a joke. He retired from the Dolphins because he didn't want to be a backup and now he's returning to be a backup.

Dolphins? I think he retired as a free agent, he also played for the raiders

Only a matter of time he was going to come back. He'll either go to the chiefs or boys. But i can't see him making any impact on any play coming into aseason already almost midway there.

Back
Top Bottom