Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I think you are scared to admit to liking the special since that would contradict your Social Justice Crusades.

It’s great that comedy has so many different styles currently

Hannah Gadsby with Nannette
Chappelle doing his thing
And Aziz evolving his entire style on stage

It’s nice seeing this kind of evolution in real time

I think you are scared to admit to liking the special since that would contradict your Social Justice Crusades.

-I don't have a problem with him even making those jokes I just said it was free game for people to be upset just like it is free game for him to make them.

-I generally don't like jokes that punch down because I find them lazy. If you are gonna punch down the joke should be clever and somewhat insightful. I can disagree with a point being made and still appreciate a clever joke about the subject. I see it as not certain subject being off limits, but certain subject having a smaller margin of error. So if you are gonna make a joke about certain things then you premise, structure, and punch line better be on point. High risk high reward type scenario.

Dave jokes when he punched down were not that clever imo, so they were not funny, and not worth it to tell. Also Dave does is a lot of complaining about people getting upset over what he says, to me it just comes off not as serious social commentary but as a dude that is bemoaning the fact that he can't make the same jokes he used about certain subjects, that the margin of error has shrunk when it comes to certain subjects. To me it is like so what, write a better joke then. Like I am suppose to care it is harder for Dave to tell jokes. Millionaire comedians are a marginalized class I am suppose to care about?

-Someone can still enjoy a comedy special, even of they don't agree with the points being made and care about socioeconomic issues

-Me saying I enjoyed this would not invalidate any of my views, so if I did love this special I would have no issue saying it. I come for the jokes most of all.

-I found some parts funny, some part not, he some good points, he mad some bad ones. In all I didn't like this one as much as some of his others so on aggregate to me it was ok.

Since Dave makes trans jokes I know you would love the special regardless, but not everyone gotta feel the same way famb.

Last edited:
This is the kicker to me and just shows how absurd this **** is.

These are the people who lack awareness if we being honest :lol:

its about as apparent a comment that can be said....i mean when folks google "social justice warrior" "cancel culture/outrage mob" does da epiphany not dawn upon them?

Yeah he said he doesn't worry about Trump, but moreso his supporters that he ignites because he lives around them. Sure enough, looks like shortly after his special is when the Dayton shooting happened, where he calls home.

Netflix need to throw more money at Dave.
I’m here for all of this smoke. It’s wildly entertaining to see so many people up in arms about actual jokes

Dave just became more famous than he’s ever been.

Yall think these same people that are offended gonna watch the next special?

It did, the internet just wasn't as big yet, and people weren't amassed in a few spaces like they are on twitter, fb, ig etc.

I just don't remember ever actually encountering anyone who said they had a problem with The Chappelle Show.

What's even crazier is I almost can't even believe there was no social media when the show was on. Are we sure about that? Not even Myspace??

Back
Top Bottom