Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Wasn’t feeling the whole molestation segment b/c I can’t find any humor in that ever, tbh. Seen way too many people I know have their lives negatively affected by that to have it be something that people laugh at.

Exactly...jokes like that seemed off to me.

Or like when he was like "So what if Mike did it....u knowwhaddimean" :lol: nah breh.

lowkey i thought he was gonna do that whole Mike segment and be like "you people are sick for agreeing I'm just seeing how far I can go" or some **** :lol: thats where i feel like skinny bug head Dave woulda took it.

Exactly...jokes like that seemed off to me.

Or like when he was like "So what if Mike did it....u knowwhaddimean" :lol: nah breh.

lowkey i thought he was gonna do that whole Mike segment and be like "you people are sick for agreeing I'm just seeing how far I can go" or some **** :lol: thats where i feel like skinny bug head Dave woulda took it.
This ***** tryna rewrite Dave whole special :lol:

Noticed a lot of garbage people have gravitated towards this to help push their nonsense, disrespectful, hateful narrative, can't stand when douchebags latch onto **** like that. Not something he can control though, still a great special.

it was a satirical take on celebrity worship and how da public let's it rock cuz they like their craft...

this is like when people try to weaponize the boondocks against the audience that wants it back

"they weren't laughing with you they were laughing at you"

i genuinely dont know bruh :lol:

Noticed a lot of garbage people have gravitated towards this to help push their nonsense, disrespectful, hateful narrative, can't stand when douchebags latch onto **** like that. Not something he can control though, still a great special.
Next special he'll probably address those lames.

Problem is ppl on the left have gone too far trying to police ****.
this is like when people try to weaponize the boondocks against the audience that wants it back

"they weren't laughing with you they were laughing at you"

i genuinely dont know bruh :lol:

Dudes forget why Dave left Chappelle Show.

Which should make you question why they’re latching onto it. Those folks gravitate towards trash takes. And I’m guessing they’re championing the first part of the show about victim blaming and PC culture?

To keep it funky, Dave had some trash takes with the molestation, Louis CK stuff. Questioning someone joking about kids getting molested and women being subjected to dudes pulling their **** out isn’t being PC at all, IMO. Those are pretty serious things. And then to wrap it up nicely by saying you’re a “victim blamer”? Enh....that’s crossing that fine line that almost all great comedy walks.

Comedy is comedy and I don’t think we should overreact too much to it. But on the flipside, comedy that makes light of the traumatic **** others have been through just doesn’t sit well with me. I’m still a fan of Dave and otherwise enjoyed this special. The guy is brilliant and there will be zero cancelling of Dave for me. But it’s also okay to call someone out when they say questionable ****, legendary comedian or not.

Dude was just up there tryna piss people off

I kinda saw where he was going with the Chris Brown Rihanna thing...even that was kinda shaky....

then he went full r_tard with the victim blaming of kids who get ****** :lol: like what bruh

Might watch again to make sure I'm not tripping but dude was reaching with some of the points he was tryna make

Lowkey everyone who's been on the cancel culture chopping block put themselves in that situation by doing some weird **** with *****es :lol: that's why Dave is probably never gonna catch a case bc it's dudes who never got buns before the bread trying some weird extra **** like jacking your **** in front of them because they dont wanna **** you :rofl:

I bet if it you replace Dave with some other comedian in that special people wouldnt think its that funny. But since its Dave people love it. He's fallen off hard since his first Netflix special.

5578.gif

I thought this was his best netflix special so far. I should have expected the opposite opinion in a thread :lol:

I always knew it but its good to see the ppl that can't tell the difference between Dave telling jokes and him expressing his actual views on a topic.

Explaining his jokes and talking about why they weren't funny when really you're just talking about why you disagree :lol:

Watching it a second time, its pretty evident Dave is trying to offend people. He's taking the cancel culture on head on. Pretty much daring people to cancel him. How you gonna cancel somebody that you know don't care if they're there or not?

If a comedian takes on controversial topics, some people will be offended. It's not a hard concept to understand lol. The small percentage of the white population who laughed inappropriately at his skits on the tv show years ago are among the same "triggered" audience who want to cancel him today.

i don't know if yall watched the aziz special (i thought it was one of his best)
but them 2 have been touring together and you can tell dave's style has influenced aziz.
but even more telling it feels like they both purposely touched on the same exact topics in their own way

Back
Top Bottom