Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I put on the first return joint on Netflix where he had the all black on and it was so much better without focusing on the LBGT stuff

I’m not even offended he’s just better when he’s cycling thru random topics vs. doing an hour and a half version of the “alphabet ppl” bit. It was some joints that got a chuckle outta me but I hope he got that out his system this time and just go back to random topic Dave for whatever his next thing is.

I put on the first return joint on Netflix where he had the all black on and it was so much better without focusing on the LBGT stuff

I’m not even offended he’s just better when he’s cycling thru random topics vs. doing an hour and a half version of the “alphabet ppl” bit. It was some joints that got a chuckle outta me but I hope he got that out his system this time and just go back to random topic Dave for whatever his next thing is.
I mean there's a reason he ended it by saying he's not telling jokes about them again.

yall can't really be in here saying people are overreacting to Dave's comedy?

but then overreact to a totally fair review

because she said the word boy? in a totally innocuous way.

wut? :lol:

Yeah he spent so much time on it, how can you be mad at the affected seeing that may be bullying? If we took Louis CK to task on that little interview with Rock and Seinfeld then he did a special where he spent 2/3rds of it joking and talking around black people and black issues but spent 5 secs saying the issue isn't really black people, but the white women that amplify it-- would folks not understand if some still said "nah"?

Welcome to NT, b. :lol:

Or put better...

The lack of self-awareness is a bit disappointing. It's almost as if people say society shouldn't have punching bags when they're actually ok with society having punching bags as long as it's not them.

I agree with you though, the author used the word boy in a pretty innocuous way IMO

Last edited:

Nah Fam.

The point is showing people have the right to be upset about whatever they want.

The problem is the entitlement in thinking that everyone has to agree with them.

read the article, it's totally fair and way more even handed than most of the critiques of Dave I've read.

by taking an excerpt and construing it in the most uncharitable way possible.

you're doing exactly what Dave has been criticizing in the last 3 specials. :lol:

I don't take anything white woman feminists say seriously because I know what those election numbers looked like in 2020 and 2016.

i mean you can’t hold everyone responsible for the actions of some deep down deplorable people

hell, look at dirk.. white German male’s don’t have a great historical track record.. but I’d trade kanye, Candice owens and few others in a heartbeat for dude

read the article, it's totally fair and way more even handed than most of the critiques of Dave I've read.

by taking an excerpt and construing it in the most uncharitable way possible.

you're doing exactly what Dave has been criticizing in the last 3 specials. :lol:
That's the point and part of the comedic genius.

for sure. The interview is dope , talks about Chappelle show , the work that went into it and never wanting to do it again plus a lot more.

definitely a good listen for anybody that has interest in the Chappelle show , or even if you aren’t and just want to hear a dope convo

Will Def Check It Out.

And I Know He's Always Been Critical Of His Work With Half Baked, Didnt Realize He Felt That Way About Chappelle Show Too.

So who are people upset at that corporations and structures give more credence to lbgtq causes over others and what are you going to do about it?

Back
Top Bottom