Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
So let's clarify your position: do you believe that trans people enjoy enhanced safety or protection relative to their cishet counterparts?

I think there is cultural power and there is political power.

trans people like most other minority groups in America have limited political power.
but they do have cultural power. elite intuitions largely have totally absorbed modern gender ideology and probably have more power than any other minority group to enforce speech norms and police the bounds of acceptable discourse.

Do you believe that the prevalence of mainstream transphobic content has no impact on the wellbeing of trans people?

According to Neilson's LGBTQ people make up are more represented in film and television than they are in the general population.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people make up an estimated 4.5 percent of the U.S. population, and, according to Nielsen's inaugural report, they were 6.7 percent of the top 10 recurring cast members in the top 300 programs on broadcast

In a 6-3 conservative supreme court transgender people rights recognized as being protected under the civil rights act.

It seems to me if all this has happened and it still hasn't put a dent in the trans murder rate
perhaps it isn't media that is harming trans people. perhaps they have material needs that won't be addressed by think pieces?

I finally saw the special. It was funny but kinda felt like a convo than a comedy routine. It wasn’t bad though. Dave is still good 😎

Screenshot_20211013-084046.png
original.jpg

She feels entitled enough to say "goofy, quizzical, little lost boy smile"........

Watched it last night , was pretty funny to me … can understand how someone would be offended but when it comes to me and comedy I’m a firm believer in equal opportunity and anybody can get it , so didn’t bother me personally.

Neal Brenan was on flagrant podcast and mentioned how neither side really wants to understand each other because victimization is currency and compared it to flopping in sports lol . He hit the nail on the head with that .

Last edited:
A lot of people, including myself, aren’t as smart as they think they are. A lot of people, including myself, aren’t as funny. You put the two together and you’ll lose a lot of people. The writer of that article was clearly looking for Half-Baked Dave. Lady, that was damn near 30 years ago.

Watched it last night , was pretty funny to me .

Neal Brenan was on flagrant podcast and mentioned how neither side really wants to understand each other because victimization is currency and compared it to flopping in sports lol . He hit the nail on the head with that .
lol.. nice comparison though

Always Liked Neal Brennan, He Seems To Get It.

Watched it last night , was pretty funny to me … can understand how someone would be offended but when it comes to me and comedy I’m a firm believer in equal opportunity and anybody can get it , so didn’t bother me personally.

not trying be critical, but trying understand what is being said

who are the 2 sides in this?

and the victim has to try to understand the bully?

to use a topical example, should Asian people be forced to try to understand the stupid people saying and doing things?

shouldnt the focus be on the person who is going to say or do the offensive thing trying to understand and educate themself before doing that action?

Always Liked Neal Brennan, He Seems To Get It.

for sure. The interview is dope , talks about Chappelle show , the work that went into it and never wanting to do it again plus a lot more.

definitely a good listen for anybody that has interest in the Chappelle show , or even if you aren’t and just want to hear a dope convo

not trying be critical, but trying understand what is being said

who are the 2 sides in this?

and the victim has to try to understand the bully?

to use a topical example, should Asian people be forced to try to understand the stupid people saying and doing things?

shouldnt the focus be on the person who is going to say or do the offensive thing trying to understand and educate themself before doing that action?

the two sides he was talking about are the trans community and then people who don’t understand but they might look at as being transphobic

I personally don’t see the bullying and I honestly don’t care enough about the topic to have a back and forth (respectfully)

But if you want to hear what he says it’s Flagrant 2 podcast around the 50 minute mark

Nobody batting an eye at her referring to Dave as a "little boy" even though off hand shows how accepted and baked into every layer of society the blatant disrespect for black people and specifically a black MAN. Referring to Dave as a boy in anyway is the type of micro agression from whites coded into speech and entertainment.

With the long history of Jim Crow, she still is able to use her agency as a feminist to refer to Dave in a boyish manner. This is exactly what Dave is talking about.

the two sides he was talking about are the trans community and then people who don’t understand but they might look at as being transphobic

I personally don’t see the bullying and I honestly don’t care enough about the topic to have a back and forth (respectfully)

But if you want to hear what he says it’s Flagrant 2 podcast around the 50 minute mark

while I think people need to make a better effort to understand one another and respect the differences amongst different communities

the 2 sides thing should happen before the offensive action

take desean Jackson, he posted some offensive shh about the Jewish community.. he was told about it and the onus fell to him to educate himself, the other side simply provided him with a means to do that education and he should be grateful to them because they didnt have to do that, they could have told him to read a book

if Dave is told by that community that he is offending them, it doesn’t turn into a both sides issue.. they have zero obligation to try to understand dave or anyone else who is offending them

Here is the issue with the whole "cancel" thing and why I feel Netflix made the right call.

What to Know
Cancel is getting a new use. Canceling and cancel culture have to do with the removing of support for public figures in response to their objectionable behavior or opinions. This can include boycotts or refusal to promote their work.

To cancel someone (usually a celebrity or other well-known figure) means to stop giving support to that person. The act of canceling could entail boycotting an actor’s movies or no longer reading or promoting a writer’s works. The reason for cancellation can vary, but it usually is due to the person in question having expressed an objectionable opinion, or having conducted themselves in a way that is unacceptable, so that continuing to patronize that person’s work leaves a bitter taste.

GLAAD didn't go to the people, they went straight to Netflix.

The numbers matter and the majority of folks evidently don't agree with GLAADS POV.

Even more ironic:

The Origin of 'Cancel Culture'
The idea of canceling—and as some have labeled it, cancel culture—has taken hold in recent years due to conversations prompted by #MeToo and other movements that demand greater accountability from public figures. The term has been credited to black users of Twitter, where it has been used as a hashtag.

How did cancel culture start?
One of the earliest pop culture references to someone being "canceled" was in late 2014, during an episode of VH1's reality show "Love and Hip-Hop: New York." Cisco Rosado, a cast member and music executive, told his then-girlfriend Diamond Strawberry, "You're canceled," after she revealed she had a daughter.

The word took on a life of its own among mostly Black users on Twitter. It was used as a way to show disapproval for a person's actions as a joke or lighthearted criticism.

Actually the term blew up from the likes of Grand Puba in music and on the Big Screen it was Nino Brown who made it popular first before anyone.

nino-brown.gif

Fast forward to today and GLAAD expects black folks / the entire United States to "cancel" one of our most beloved comedians for the sake of the feelings of a rich trans gender white woman who openly supports Donald Trump, just because they said so.

We cant even get rid of the Confederate Flag for crying out loud!

Black folks got MUCH bigger fish to fry.

Even the Trans ones (like Flame Monroe) aint with GLAAD on this one.

" “We Blacks,” he says, “we look at the gay community and we go … ‘Look how well that movement is going. Look how well you are doing. And we’ve been trapped in this predicament for hundreds of years. How … are you making that kind of progress?’ I can’t help but feel like if slaves had baby oil and booty shorts, we might have been free a hundred years sooner.”

Last edited:
Nobody batting an eye at her referring to Dave as a "little boy" even though off hand shows how accepted and baked into every layer of society the blatant disrespect for black people and specifically a black MAN. Referring to Dave as a boy in anyway is the type of micro agression from whites coded into speech and entertainment.

With the long history of Jim Crow, she still is able to use her agency as a feminist to refer to Dave in a boyish manner. This is exactly what Dave is talking about.
Where did she refer to Dave as a little boy?

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

images.jpeg

The subtle reference of black men as boys is prevalent in pop culture entertainment.

Ehh, don't really see it

Seems like she is just describing his facial expression, not referring to him directly as a boy

If you don't like the word choice, cool, the sentence works without it, and it is a kinda uncommon saying

But what she said and the context she said it to me doesn't try to infantilize Dave

original.jpg

She feels entitled enough to say "goofy, quizzical, little lost boy smile"........

I mean Dave has said several times during the special what pissed him off, what was very annoying, and what was frustrating. The Closer is a direct response to all of the criticism of his past specials.

This chick wants him to be before the experience and backlash For What Its Worth Dave. ***** was smiling during The Bird Revelation and Sticks & Stones and then ppl like her took it away.

Back
Top Bottom