Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Going off the back and forth on the last page. Seems the lbgt community's focus on trans rights and being a vanguard when they're attacked has led to them getting the monopoly on being outraged when made fun of. All other groups get drowned out by the louder voice.

if you’re referring to me..

I was responding to what osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh said.. I have zero problem with minority groups fighting for their rights, gaining power and using that power to not entertain shhh

if I am going to be bothered by the abuses of power by adults, I’d look at republicans

as I’ve referenced native Americans several times within my responses, I wish they had the power to get the clearly racist name of the Washington football team up out the paint decades ago.. I wish we as a society would realize how offensive it is for 10s of thousands of white people to still do the ‘chop’ on a given sports weekend when they slaughtered their people AND then they started telling stories and making movies and other entertainment with them as the bad guys for protecting their land

Never really been a fan of his but I did watch it because my husband wanted to. How is the molestation joke not getting any smoke? Nor the vet joke? Those were both pretty messed up and stood out to me more.

I’ll never get molestation and/or rape jokes..

while I’m glad r kelly is now suffering for the consequences of his actions, jokes were being made about dude like 20 years ago.. chappelle had jokes in the chappelle show about dude

Why Would you even repost dude?

this dude wrote an article about the special. He retweeted people who in my view have repugnant opinions about topics.
a quote in the article that sums it up is "if you talk enough **** you'll draw flies"...he is 1 of the flies...

like others mentioned i personally found the other jokes about molestation and vets to be more offensive than the LGBTQ stuff but to see who is coming out and "Defending" this special against the jokes is a little eye opening...

Caught me off guard. Are we supposed to care what his astro turf head *** thinks?

no....

From what I got, Daphne was getting dragged By the LBGTQ community on social media and might be possible to cause suicide??? It Would make sense as why he was going so hard at them.
anyone know more on how Daphne passed?

Imo this was old Dave and ranks up there as his best work.

It was decent... Not classic Dave , but Dave at 80 percent is better than most people at their best so I'll take it...

if you’re referring to me..

I was responding to what osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh said.. I have zero problem with minority groups fighting for their rights, gaining power and using that power to not entertain shhh

if I am going to be bothered by the abuses of power by adults, I’d look at republicans

as I’ve referenced native Americans several times within my responses, I wish they had the power to get the clearly racist name of the Washington football team up out the paint decades ago.. I wish we as a society would realize how offensive it is for 10s of thousands of white people to still do the ‘chop’ on a given sports weekend when they slaughtered their people AND then they started telling stories and making movies and other entertainment with them as the bad guys for protecting their land

I’ll never get molestation and/or rape jokes..

while I’m glad r kelly is now suffering for the consequences of his actions, jokes were being made about dude like 20 years ago.. chappelle had jokes in the chappelle show about dude
I don't have a problem with that either

Where is the line tho?
can say "I disagree" without being called a bigot or being fired from my job?

If Dr. Umar Johnson comes out and says

"i'm a minority fighting for the rights of my people; I think it's very important that we outlaw interracial marriage to preserve the black race"

by your logic because he's a "minority fighting for his rights, trying to gain power"
I can't disagree

This is the problem I think people are having with LGBTQ activists,

-I can support your right to marry,
-support your geneder identity,
-support your access to trans healthcare,
-call you by your chosen pro nouns,
-stop saying, slurs like the F word and T word.

it's not enough tho, you also can't make any joke about any aspect of their existence.
otherwise you are responsible for any trans person murdered from now until eternity.

you don't see how this is unconvincing?

I used to think cancel culture wasn't real, and it was just white people complaining.

but over the years I've changed my mind.
There is a real measurable change in the culture; there can be no forgiveness, no understanding,

only scorn and the total obliteration of anyone who says anything you can deem "problematic"
through some byzantine unknowable super structure of elite manners.

I don't even love this Dave special but I think fundamentally
Dave is hitting one something truly rotten at the core of modern discourse.

I don't have a problem with that either

Where is the line tho?
can say "I disagree" without being called a bigot or being fired from my job?

If Dr. Umar Johnson comes out and says

"i'm a minority fighting for the rights of my people; I think it's very important that we outlaw interracial marriage to preserve the black race"

by your logic because he's a "minority fighting for his rights, trying to gain power"
I can't disagree

This is the problem I think people are having with LGBTQ activists,

-I can support your right to marry,
-support your geneder identity,
-support your access to trans healthcare,
-call you by your chosen pro nouns,
-stop saying, slurs like the F word and T word.

it's not enough tho, you also can't make any joke about any aspect of their existence.
otherwise you are responsible for any trans person murdered from now until eternity.

you don't see how this is unconvincing?

for me there are some very clear lines, kids.. pedos will never have any sort of standing with me as a class

but as far as reasonable people, we should know better once we actually sit and put ourselves in the shoes of those people

for example, we should get how foul society has been regarding Chinese/Asian people.. I’m thankful that I and a decent amount of people now get that

but I do thank people have a responsibility with their words because things are a slippery slope.. there are dumb people out there that will take words/jokes and use them a mechanism for violence towards other human beings or misinterpret what is being said.. dave himself has said one of the reasons of him quitting his show was his realization of people laughing at him and not with him

but people provide the material.. look how many people are invoking horrific incidents throughtout history because they’re being slightly inconvenienced now in order to save people’s lives

I got a simple philosophy, you want to compare anything to slavery, the holocaust or apartheid you should have to spend a day living that thing

From what I got, Daphne was getting dragged By the LBGTQ community on social media and might be possible to cause suicide??? It Would make sense as why he was going so hard at them.
anyone know more on how Daphne passed?

Imo this was old Dave and ranks up there as his best work.
The thing about suicide and mental health is there’s tons of factors that can go into it and you can’t put it all on 1 thing.

Lol Dave knew EXACTLY what he was doing..

The movie screamed “white people wrote this.”so I never even tried with show.
The movie imo had a point to make. The show is a completely different beast and it sucks

also wasn’t the show cancelled by Netflix. Easy to never work with somebody that doesn’t wantto work with you

also hilarious the show runner is white

It's fascinating to see the escalation of transphobic sentiment in this thread running parallel to attempts to minimize the power of language

I guess that's the question now isn't it.

is speech literally violence?
is the comedy in Dave's special responsible for the murder of trans women.

Im skeptical. call me crazy.

No one really wants empathy tho, everyone wants their turn to hold the stick. Thats what cancel culture really is.

which is sad… but that’s why I was never joining no frat

but I can’t blame anyone for checking someone who got some slick sh to say

I noticed what looked like Trans folks in audience. They were laughing at everything but the trans stuff. White women laughing at everything but the women stuff.

People loved when Dave was making fun of black folks but now they want to draw lines when they are the butt of the jokes.

Back
Top Bottom