Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
As I’m not part of the lgpqt community, I ain’t going tell them where to draw the line

all I can speak to is the known shh that we as a society just use to let slide with regard to that community and others

as an adult that ain’t a straight white male, if someone tells me something is offensive to them and their community I accept it, apologize and move on and try to be better

That's part of the issue though

If Dave is offending lgbt members of color, especially black trans, why are white progressives overwhelmingly the ones telling him it's offensive to those communities

Talks are going nowhere.

Comparing Dave Chapelle to black-face?

Ridiculous.

Folks dug into their positions like Alabama ticks. :lol:

WelldocumentedInfantileClownanemonefish-max-1mb.gif

Talks are going nowhere.

Comparing Dave Chapelle to black-face?

Ridiculous.

Folks dug into their positions like Alabama ticks. :lol:

WelldocumentedInfantileClownanemonefish-max-1mb.gif

dave’s name wasnt mentioned in the tweet

only those defending dave, mentioned dave

So you're saying in your mind, the tweet has nothing to do with the current conversation surrounding Dave Chapelle's comedy / comedy specials?

Just pure coincidence.

You posted it here just by chance.

Word? :lol:

as I said, conversations can start for any number of reasons

hell I only started any of this because of something osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh said.. I was responding to him

look at the braves and them doing something good in making the World Series.. I hope that starts a number of conversations about the horrible things done to native Americans and cute shhh people use with their lil sports teams

im not native American or any other kind of American.. but it does bother me to see tens of thousands of white people do the chop in different sports when they massacred all those people and then made movies and stories about them being the bad guys for protecting their land and their land ended up getting stolen

maybe like alot of things throughout history, people don’t listen until white people complain

My take on it is this

If you listen to Chappelles comments on metoo, he describes it as a group of white women who think they're speaking for all women when really they're just speaking for themselves and their kind

It's the same situation here for me, but white progressives aren't going to accuse Dave of "punching down" at caitlyn Jenner which is why we're seeing all this DISINGENUOUS "but black trans people"

Either all speech is free or none of it is.
You guys are writing short stories to validate the offensive language you agree with while shutting down the forms you don't agree with.
Take the advice you're giving everyone that's upset, if you don't like it, ignore it.

Either all speech is free or none of it is.
Absolutes don't work well in practice.

Even the very concept of freedom can't be applied in a sustainable way without some restrictions.

"Your freedom ends where mine begins."

It's unrealistic and impractical to expect all speech to be free, and most importantly free of consequences.

That means its working.

quote-if-you-repeat-a-lie-often-enough-people-will-believe-it-and-you-will-even-come-to-believ...jpg

I mean my opinion hasn't changed. I just see a lot of in-depth analysis of it that I didn't get on the 1st watch. So imma watch it again from a different perspective and see if I can view it from an outside perspective.

Most likely my opinion is not going to change but I barely remember half the jokes that was said at this point.

It's almost as if people say society shouldn't have punching bags when they're actually ok with society having punching bags as long as it's not them.

I'm just about ready to watch those who complained about da emasculation of black men rally the troops around Tyler Perry and Jamie Foxx when trans people come after Madea and Wanda.

people crying about not being able to say things over 100 years ago

poor comedians

yah it seems like the comedians keep winning.

and it looks like we are going to repeat this cycle with Dave.
a thousand person Netflix walkout turned out to be dozens.

blue checks media elites are mad, but the normies seem to think "yah it's okay if sometimes comedy is offensive"
shocking turn of events.

aka

you can't have that opinion!!

the bad people in 1903 had a vaguely similar opinion!!!
It's more like "we don't like that the people we are caricaturing are not happy that we're reducing their experience to a circus act and we don't know any other way to make people laugh."

the normies seem to think "yah it's okay if sometimes comedy is offensive

There will always be a market for offensive, demeaning humor. The question is, do we want that to become mainstream? If the answer is yes, you won't have much to stand on when comedians who specialize in attacking and demeaning groups you identify with become popular and normalize the "jokes".

I just want to see the same "it's just art" energy when folks start wearing Gucci nooses as fashion ties.

Back
Top Bottom