***Dave East Official Thread: "Karma 3 Out Now I Guess***

He doesn't have a hit. And he doesn't have a song that the south can fukk with. French Montana showed these new nyc rappers the way. Let him make a song that is popping in Atlanta, that line at Jimmy Jazz will increase.

unfortunately this is true....he's running into da same wall vado did.

French can do da hard NYC gritty Harry fraud records and da pop that joints.

thats da lane that'll get u moving, cuz once u hot? u can do a hook wit Fat Joe & Remy and be flaming everywhere on your own sound.

Don Q who literally does da same thing Dave East is doing is getting better looks cuz he got his man A boogie puttin him in pocket.

Last edited:
lemme qualify this by saying, there's alot of haters at da coli....it say more accurately, Dave East is viable and doing good, he just needs a smash single to put him on that next level.

Rather him stay to his sound and build up his catalog versus alienating his core fans by aiming for the charts

I think it's just a matter of time before he finds his hit. He's pretty versatile as far as flows go, he's good on any beat. Going the French route would be perfect for him just to get that exposure he's looking for.

I think he's gonna follow the footsteps of Fabolous. Fab created his own lane stayed loyal to his sound and in the long run it'll pay off. I don't really see East going pop or having a smash hit. Maybe one or two joints. Like mentioned Q got A boogie (which I can't stand). But I really like how East raps and his old school flow that older dudes like myself like. Btw that Free Smoke mix he just released :pimp: :pimp:

I think he's gonna follow the footsteps of Fabolous. Fab created his own lane stayed loyal to his sound and in the long run it'll pay off. I don't really see East going pop or having a smash hit. Maybe one or two joints. Like mentioned Q got A boogie (which I can't stand). But I really like how East raps and his old school flow that older dudes like myself like. Btw that Free Smoke mix he just released :pimp: :pimp:

Fab had several smashes early in his career(Lil Mo, Nate Dogg, Ashanti)

There's an art to creating crossover songs. Dave East hasn't proven he can. Right now he seems like a popular underground rapper. There's a lane and a niche you can carve out for yourself(Joey, Currency, Krit).

I don't think he's going to be the type of rapper you're going to be playing next to Drake or Rihanna in the rotation.

Daves flow is not versatile at all. I like dude but thats his main flaw to me. That and them basic *** beats he be picking

I can careless bout him making hits or crossing over. Just gimme good music with some replay value

Daves flow is not versatile at all. I like dude but thats his main flaw to me. That and them basic *** beats he be picking

I can careless bout him making hits or crossing over. Just gimme good music with some replay value
Keisha was one of the best songs in 2016 IMO

Yeah Kid Art been killing all the visuals lately dude is crazy talented :pimp:

Shame him and V Chase not doing their **** no more

Last edited:
Been f***king with Dave since Around here first drop on MTV jams years back . But damn he's not versatile enough to tap into the mainstream world. Just hope he doesn't end up talking about materialistic stuff on every track .

Saw him & Nipsey link up . Hopefully some fire come out of that .

PS Kairi Chanel highly slept on !

Last edited:
New East Video :pimp:.

Fire as usual. ***** just gotta stay the course and not chase the hit. It will come.

Dave East & YFN Lucci supposedly got some heat on the way :nerd:. He'd do himself a favor getting poppin in the south without actually having to try and have a southern record.

Also, need some more **** with East & Nipsey.

Last edited:
As if hopping on other people's songs wasn't the original way of getting noticed
laugh.gif
Word. To be honest I started listening to Axel Leon heavy recently because of his Mask Off remix 
pimp.gif

This i'm not too fond of, East & autotune just ain't working for me.

This on the other hand i'm ******* with heavy. his buzz has kept growing steadily & more importantly he's getting his face out more & more to different demographics. Someone mentioned Vado career pacing and i thought he was doing 100% until he got to Interscope & then things slowed down. Def Jam/Mass appeal seem to be pushing for him to win.

Back
Top Bottom