Dave White x Air Jordan 1 Retro

Evil Knievil I's.
laugh.gif

This is one of those shoes are better to be looked at then worn.

Evil Knievil I's.
laugh.gif

This is one of those shoes are better to be looked at then worn.

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Originally Posted by kingofny04

They are definitely more like a piece of art...
jordan-experience-f5-14.jpg

jordan-experience-f5-15.jpg

woooooooooooooo!i wish these could be had for a resonable price us sz 12's always get shafted all together or they jack up prices & those are regular drops i know these will be 7 to 8 bills on the resale

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Originally Posted by kingofny04

They are definitely more like a piece of art...
jordan-experience-f5-14.jpg

jordan-experience-f5-15.jpg

woooooooooooooo!i wish these could be had for a resonable price us sz 12's always get shafted all together or they jack up prices & those are regular drops i know these will be 7 to 8 bills on the resale

I'm going to agree with everyone with else.
Way too many things going on in these shoe.

I'm going to agree with everyone with else.
Way too many things going on in these shoe.

This auction is all just a marketing gimic by JB, I'm not buying it. The quality on their mass released Js is still whack and their creativity is gone.

Look at what it takes just to get an original cw, a collab with Dave White. they should be coming up with stuff like this on their own.
I see the sz 13, 8s , going for more than 10-11 because there are only one pair of each rather than multiples like the 10-11 sizes

This auction is all just a marketing gimic by JB, I'm not buying it. The quality on their mass released Js is still whack and their creativity is gone.

Look at what it takes just to get an original cw, a collab with Dave White. they should be coming up with stuff like this on their own.
I see the sz 13, 8s , going for more than 10-11 because there are only one pair of each rather than multiples like the 10-11 sizes

Is the purchase of these tax deductible as a charity donation?
Why would it be?  Jordan Brand is a division of a for profit company, not a 503(c) nonprofit.  This is just a corporate social responsibility initiative on their part.
What would the proceeds even be used for?  The program, as it's described here, involves salaried Jordan Brand employees speaking at various schools.  So, what does this even pay for?  Their travel expenses? Classroom materials used during their workshops?  

On its face, this sounds a little like asking consumers to pay for an NBA Cares community service/photo op event.  

You can slap the "charity" label on anything these days.  I'd hope that consumers would be a little bit more inquisitive before jumping on the bandwagon here.  

Is the purchase of these tax deductible as a charity donation?
Why would it be?  Jordan Brand is a division of a for profit company, not a 503(c) nonprofit.  This is just a corporate social responsibility initiative on their part.
What would the proceeds even be used for?  The program, as it's described here, involves salaried Jordan Brand employees speaking at various schools.  So, what does this even pay for?  Their travel expenses? Classroom materials used during their workshops?  

On its face, this sounds a little like asking consumers to pay for an NBA Cares community service/photo op event.  

You can slap the "charity" label on anything these days.  I'd hope that consumers would be a little bit more inquisitive before jumping on the bandwagon here.  

100% agree with Method and he took the words right out of my mouth...If you really break down the totals the money made on these will barely even cover method's aforementioned salaries and / or travel expenses...This "charity" shoe really isn't for charity at all is it?...

Maybe if JB really wanted to do soemthing right for these kids they would have made a limited edition shoe for all the students (God knows half of these poor kids are getting second hand shoes from god knows where), as well as donated a portion of their own companies earnings to the charity itself...Then had the upper brass or some sponsored athlete head out there to hand said shoes out and talk a little bit about what they do and are going to be doing for the school...Hell give them the shoes and pay to build a new basketball court...Doesen't even have to be a limited edition shoe, even some team J's would be fine as I'm sure most of these kids would take a pair without question limited or not...

100% agree with Method and he took the words right out of my mouth...If you really break down the totals the money made on these will barely even cover method's aforementioned salaries and / or travel expenses...This "charity" shoe really isn't for charity at all is it?...

Maybe if JB really wanted to do soemthing right for these kids they would have made a limited edition shoe for all the students (God knows half of these poor kids are getting second hand shoes from god knows where), as well as donated a portion of their own companies earnings to the charity itself...Then had the upper brass or some sponsored athlete head out there to hand said shoes out and talk a little bit about what they do and are going to be doing for the school...Hell give them the shoes and pay to build a new basketball court...Doesen't even have to be a limited edition shoe, even some team J's would be fine as I'm sure most of these kids would take a pair without question limited or not...

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

that is exactly what i would do, make a LTD ed shoe and GIVE THEM to the kids....fix up their school....i'm sure it wouldn't cost them that much to just GIVE those kids the shoes. 

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

that is exactly what i would do, make a LTD ed shoe and GIVE THEM to the kids....fix up their school....i'm sure it wouldn't cost them that much to just GIVE those kids the shoes. 

Back
Top Bottom