David Fincher: House of Cards( BEWARE OF SPOILERS) (series) starring Kevin Spacey

You guys are really killing me in here. I'm trying to be selective at what I read, but yall have to chill with the spoilers at the beginning of the sentence :smh:.

F U, that was boss right there :smokin

I just need clarity on something.

It is safe to assume that Franks ultimate goal was to be President. Him and Claire's marriage seems to be one of opportunism. Although they may very well love each other, it is more about taking advantage and having control or power. If she wasn't able to do the things she does Frank would have no use for her, and vice versa. My question is regarding Frank being passed up for Secretary of State. Was this the catalyst that brought all that we have seen up to Season 2 about. Being double crossed in his eyes, forced him to speed up his ascent into the white house by getting back at those that went against him right? His goal was to be there anyway , just not so soon correct?

Also what was his plan with Russo? I know it wasn't to kill him, that came about because Russo became a loose cannon. If they got the votes for the water bill or whatever it was called, and Russo became Gov of Philadelphia, how would Frank have been able to get the VP position? After killing Russo, it was a perfect set up, but that wasn't always the plan, or was it?

Frank is a damn genious, to be able to manipulate the men and woman of Congress, and the white house the way he did. He is a damn master.

Shout out to Zoe, we miss you, but love the gift you left us :evil:

Last edited:
You guys are really killing me in here. I'm trying to be selective at what I read, but yall have to chill with the spoilers at the beginning of the sentence :smh:.

F U, that was boss right there :smokin

I just need clarity on something.

It is safe to assume that Franks ultimate goal was to be President. Him and Claire's marriage seems to be one of opportunism. Although they may very well love each other, it is more about taking advantage and having control or power. If she wasn't able to do the things she does Frank would have no use for her, and vice versa. My question is regarding Frank being passed up for Secretary of State. Was this the catalyst that brought all that we have seen up to Season 2 about. Being double crossed in his eyes, forced him to speed up his ascent into the white house by getting back at those that went against him right? His goal was to be there anyway , just not so soon correct?

Also what was his plan with Russo? I know it wasn't to kill him, that came about because Russo became a loose cannon. If they got the votes for the water bill or whatever it was called, and Russo became Gov of Philadelphia, how would Frank have been able to get the VP position? After killing Russo, it was a perfect set up, but that wasn't always the plan, or was it?

Frank is a damn genious, to be able to manipulate the men and woman of Congress, and the white house the way he did. He is a damn master.

Shout out to Zoe, we miss you, but love the gift you left us :evil:

Yes.

He probably would've kept him in office somehow. Another vote he could guarantee in Congress.

my favorite quote from this season:
"If we never do the things we shouldn't do then we can never feel good about doing the things we should do"
went something along those lines but it really stuck with me

^

Must've missed it. Nothing about the two of them seemed weird to me. I'll try to watch it again this weekend.

Last edited:
Underwood looking into the camera and talking about how cold hearted and calculated he is got old halfway through season 1

**** happens like 3 times an ep, need to cut down on that next season *end rant
He barely breaks the 4th wall at all this season and I miss it. Didn't like less of it at all.

If you really pay attention to when he does he's not always talking about himself, sometimes he's explaining a situation, describing an adversary, or dropping a nice metaphor for a situation and what he has to do. Lots of dope quotes, sayings, and soliloquies.

I feel what you're saying, I think it just annoys me because I hate his character, or all these characters :lol:

only character I felt for was Freddy, which is weird since I'm the type that was rooting for both Tony Soprano and Walter White all the way

Last edited:
Underwood looking into the camera and talking about how cold hearted and calculated he is got old halfway through season 1

He barely breaks the 4th wall at all this season and I miss it. Didn't like less of it at all.

If you really pay attention to when he does he's not always talking about himself, sometimes he's explaining a situation, describing an adversary, or dropping a nice metaphor for a situation and what he has to do. Lots of dope quotes, sayings, and soliloquies.

I feel what you're saying, I think it just annoys me because I hate his character, or all these characters :lol:

only character I felt for was Freddy, which is weird since I'm the type that was rooting for both Tony Soprano and Walter White all the way
Well yeah, I can fully understand that if you just didn't like his character. Same thing with BB the way ppl began to hate Walt only difference here is Frank is a sob bastard from the start and when he's in his act he's so good at making you think that there may be some niceness about him and not all calculated manipulation.

Yeah I felt bad for Freddy but story wise it'd make sense that Frank had some real close causalities on his way to reaching the throne. You could tell when he got offered that restaurant chain. I respected him a great deal on how he went out and didn't want any guilt money or help but still knew Frank would make the person responsible pay for it. After a few eps in it was pretty clear the majority of supporting characters on their way out as Frank made this transition.

I'm still clueless.

It was implied that he might've had an intimate relationship with that one classmate that he was really reconnecting with,they seemed especially close for two "buddies"
At this point just gotta figure out if Frank is a bottom or a top. I'm leaning towards top.

Last edited:

What chapter you on? Because he breaks it alot the 2nd half of the season

What chapter you on? Because he breaks it alot the 2nd half of the season
I'm done. Overall it felt like it wasn't enough for me or it was very different in what he said and when he said it compared to the 1st season. Seems he did a lot more stares in to the cam at the audience this season that breaking the 4th wall and filling us in or talking about a situation.

Am i the only one that thought the Three-some with Meacham scene was COMPLETELY unnecessary? Please ignore if it has been discussed already, didn't read the entire thread....

I didn't see the importance of it either, unless to show that they really have no boundaries. He obviously took a liking to him, it was evident when CLaire pointed out that he used his first name. I won't lie, when they first started all that I thought they were plotted against him again like with the brick. Everything they do is calculated so who the hell knows.

Am i the only one that thought the Three-some with Meacham scene was COMPLETELY unnecessary? Please ignore if it has been discussed already, didn't read the entire thread....
I didn't see the importance of it either, unless to show that they really have no boundaries. He obviously took a liking to him, it was evident when CLaire pointed out that he used his first name. I won't lie, when they first started all that I thought they were plotted against him again like with the brick. Everything they do is calculated so who the hell knows.
Just gotta add up things from both seasons. We know Frank had a thing with his close college friend, we know he and Claire tell each other about who they're banging cuz it seems they don't bang as much anymore unless it's some freaky stuff, and before that ep I was already finding something suspect about how he was taking a liking to Meacham so there were subtle hints along the way.

The scene was just confirming that yes to many Frank and Claire would probably be seen as swinging ****old open relationship having sexual deviants. After it's done, Claire does say Frank needed that. Sorta get it out of his system so he can focus on his goal. At best look at it as a sexual stress reliever.

Could've been worse given what they usually show in sex scenes on this show.

Last edited:
True, I remember him and the friend from the Library naming episode. As simple as it should be to take the menage at face value, with those two everything seems calculated to me.

Real talk, when do you think Claire decided to initiate that whole thing? Before she got drunk, or after? Do you think it was discussed before hand between she and Franc?

Last edited:
True, I remember him and the friend from the Library naming episode. As simple as it should be to take the menage at face value, with those two everything seems calculated to me.

Real talk, when do you think Claire decided to initiate that whole thing? Before she got drunk, or after? Do you think it was discussed before hand between she and Franc?
I think she was just tipsy and told Meacham she was drunk so he could further let his guard down and then got him drunk. I think she was just planning top bang him solo but when Frank showed up she was like surprise I already softened him up for you. So the whole time she was getting him drunk and joking that was all calculated.

The thing that caught me off guard was how willing Meacham became as he leaned in to Frank after all Claire did was kiss his hand :lol: Son was extra vulnerable

Just finished the season. Cant wait to see how Franks downfall plays out.

Btw, Jackie Sharp's sex appeal is :evil: :wow: :smokin

This season....this....season. :lol:

That was good. Not as good as season 1, but so incredibly well shot, written, acted and cast.

Just...there were probably more letdowns than great things about this season.

Started the show last week and just finished season two. I hate frank so much. This guy manipulated everyone above him politically. They made him too good at what he does and everyone else look lame. I know he's supoosed to be a shark but damn. President was such a vagina. He knew the vp was going after him and had 2 chances to save himself but passed. Can't believe people bought into the bs frank was always saying, especially the president. I thought the combined forces of Remy, Tusk, and Fe would be able to bring him down but they crumbled.

Had a question about why people didn't question the timeline of claire's rape and abortion. Her press / pr addressed it the next episode but why didn't the public figure out the times didn't add up? She said she got raped I think freshman year but didn't get an abortion until she was 4 months in during frank's second campaign which they said was 5 years later? Huh?

Last edited:
Re-watch it. PR guy asks her what else he should know. She tells him she had like 4 abortions or something not one. He tells her not to reveal any of that. She then decides to be brave and tell some truth, which was the rape. The rape became such a hot topic mid interview she had complete control in clearing up the timeline of when she had her first and alleged only abortion.

Just finished the season. Cant wait to see how Franks downfall plays out.

Btw, Jackie Sharp's sex appeal is :evil: :wow: :smokin

This :smokin,lucky Remy

By the way,I just now realized that the guy that plays Remy was also Benjamin Button's adopted Dad in the movie. Pretty great actors all around on this show

Back
Top Bottom