DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

:smh: @ them not capitalizing how popular Flash has gotten

They're trying, I mean you either want them to rush it by hiring the first director they see and write a script in 6 weeks before filming begins or they could take their time?

Problem with Arrow is he is pretty much Batman with a bow and arrow. He's better off making cameos than having his solo film.

I don't read any Green Arrow can some one tell me the differences between him and Batman?

They're both pretty much rich guys who uses gadgets to solve crime/fight villains.

I guess you can add in Robin Hood as an influence but back then he had an Arrowcar, Arrowplane and Arrowcave that uses an Arrowsignal so it's pretty obvious where the influence came from.

View media item 2393803

Last edited:
They're both pretty much rich guys who uses gadgets to solve crime/fight villains.

I guess you can add in Robin Hood as an influence but back then he had an Arrowcar, Arrowplane and Arrowcave that uses an Arrowsignal so it's pretty obvious where the influence came from.

View media item 2393799

:rofl:

EDIT: Arrowcave reminded me of something I saw on tumblr

View media item 2393809

Last edited:
Green Arrow always been lame. Making him rich didn't change much or add enough.

He pretty much been a knockoff of Bats.

I don't get why since the golden age creators trying to make heroes with their thing being an archer. **** never succeeds :lol: Not if they're just archers.

Took a while before that devoted origin with him on the island and that didn't last. The whole socially righteous billionaire was a joke to me too.

Last edited:
I think 1 bat related film is enough.. you don't want to oversaturate on things..

they really need to work on establishing the other characters so they can build more of a foundation to spread things out upon

they really need to look at the MCU and just rip off their structure.. and considering how marvel had to sell off film rights, DC is in a far better position to do what they did with the MCU

they have their heavy hitters in batman, superman and WW.. then you got other well enough known characters in flash, GG and aquaman.. then you just develop newer entities around them

and obviously every 2-3 years you got the JL movie

could easily get 3 films per without having to resort to batman related films for 2 out of the 3 every single year

The thing is, you wouldn't really HAVE to have Batman in the Bat related films. He doesn't have to be in Batgirl or Nightwing any more than he was in Suicide Squad . Nightwing can actually be a jumping board into an eventual Titans film, doesn't have to be Gotham-Centric.

And I like that they didn't rip the Marvel structure . marvel introduces characters via origins mostly then sweeps them into the universe . D.C. Started in the middle of theirs . I like that we have a Batman that's been through 2 Robins (that we know of) without having to first establish him and then build up to a robin. Nightwing is already in this universe, so is/was Oracle if the rumors about Joss's Batgirl story are true. Think of all the stuff that can be covered for the first time via flashback (A Death in the Family, The Killing Joke). DC is giving us characters and has the option to go back and fill in the blanks, which keeps us from having to worry about if we will ever have enough Batman films to build to a Robin. That's dope ! And plus they're easy to make. The fact is , these bigger budget films on the sleight can't be tossed together haphazardly, but street level stories can be made pretty quickly and cheaply.

Last edited:
Hawkeye or Arrow?
I think the Arrow show is lame. I think Hawkeye in the movies is a useless lame.

Ollie edges him out in less lameness due to getting yambs and knowing how to use his wealth. Even though I don't like how it's being handled, becoming mayor is an inspired move for a billionaire turned vigilante. Taps in to reality and shows you're actually trying to change ****.

Clint needs to stay home and be a family man. Too bad he's a fugitive on the run cuz he was dumb enough to follow scumbag Steve.

I think that supermax movie would have been good for GA
Could've changed my opinion about him the way it read so yeah. Inmates/Villains just had to be on point.

Can't wait until it gets revamped to Batman: Escape from Arkham Asylum :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
I legit thoughy he meant Ollie as in cuz from GOT. I thinking yeah i guess that was a good shot when he killed Ygritte lol

Last edited:
The Green Arrow creator said his influence of the character was from Batman. I was mad when I saw him just taking all Batman's villain's in the show, but then when I read that, I was just like "oh ok."

I don't think a live action Batman show could really work, we'd tear is apart. Batman is big screen material. Arrow can shine just fine on the Television Gotham is great (at least Seasons 1 and 2)

Well if you talking MCU I'll take Green Arrow

If you talking comics then without a doubt Hawkeye. Hawkeye is not even a bad character, dude beat The Collector, Ronin, Deathbird, etc. Yo Hawkeye ain't no slouch, might not do justice in the MCU but comics I can rock with Hawkeye.

I don't read any Green Arrow can some one tell me the differences between him and Batman?

Off rip, you need to know that Batman and Green Arrow share the same initial origin as Superman and Hyperion, or Superman and Captain Marvel/Shazam, or Superman and Blue Marvel, or Superman and Sentry, etc. This is to say that Green Arrow is an expy of Batman at his core. He was basically created to be a more lighthearted version of Batman. Therefore, this saw the two of them having a ton of similarities in the early days. Batman had a ton of gadgets, Green Arrow had a ton of gadgets. Batman had a Bat-themed car, Green Arrow had an arrow-themed car. Batcave? Arrow Cave. Plucky young sidekick? Plucky young sidekick. Rich millionare? Rich millionare. Etc. At the character's worst, he was really only separated from Batman in minor ways, such as his trick arrows and general appearance. It wasn't until around the 1960s/1970s that Green Arrow really started standing apart from Batman. This involved a radical update in his outfit, physical appearance, and a new focus on politics. This kind of saw Green Arrow take on traits of the Robin Hood figure, as he became an advocate for the rights of the poor. He also lost his entire fortune around this time, which was another thing that separated him from Batman. This is the era in which the "hard travelling heroes" would come to prominence, with Green Arrow and Green Lantern featuring in a number of stories that were socially relevant, tackling issues such as racism, political corruption, drug use, and poverty. This led right into one of, if not the, best run of comics the character ever had, under Mike Grell. It saw Green Arrow being separated from the rest of the DCU for the most part, as Grell dropp a lot of the more fantastical elements of the verse and placed Green Arrow in Seattle instead of Star City. This saw him living with Black Canary at the time and continued to focus on having the character deal with more realistic problems in a series that really didn't feature supervillains at all.

All of this being said, i'd say that the most consistent and importance differences between the two characters have been in regards to the stories that the two feature in. Because Green Arrow originally began as an expy of Batman however, it's very easy to transplant him into stories featuring Batman villains, as seen in Arrow. Beyond that, Green Arrow naturally picks up some of the same elements that Batman has, as do other heroes, such as the sidekick and later an entire Arrow Family at his peak, or the secret hideout, the gadgets, the martial arts training, etc.

Hawkeye or Arrow?

Live action: Green Arrow

Comics: Hawkeye

Animation: Hawkeye

DC TV universe Arrow > mcu Hawkeye for sure

They made Arrow wild op. Took down Wells and Barry smh
To me that's exactly why Arrow is lame.

You can't watch those scenes/battles and not cringe at the plot induced stupidty and the writer induced stupidity.

Young Justice is written way better than the cw crap. You always wonder if cw hires crap writers on purpose.

The difference in the quality of writing between Young Justice and the Arrowverse is like the difference between Heaven and Earth. Young Justice just does a far better job of handling and developing multiple characters than any of the CW shows do with just as many episodes :lol: I feel like the live action shows often try to do something different when they don't need to and then stick to the typical stuff when they could benefit from changing it. A zig when you should zag type thing. Granted, a friend told me last night that Season 5 of Arrow has seen a rise in quality over the crap of Season 4, so maybe the shows have gotten better all around.

Last edited:
I just think YJ was written without too much restrictions and it's also why it got cancelled, it didn't try to adapt to the networks target consumers, they just wrote a good story while CW kind of have to adhere to being a CW show. It also feels like they are forced to do 20+ episodes per season resulting in unnecessary fillers, like they have to focus on one arc per season too.

Back
Top Bottom